Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2020, 10:09 PM   #1

Compatible cylinder head from China for 1989-1993 Honda Dominator NX650?

Anyone knows if there are any China bike models using the same engine as the Dominator NX650 and i can get the replacement cylinder head from China source direct? Thanks.

Old 11-30-2020, 07:56 AM   #2

There isn't anything that I know of, besides the Mash 650, which isn't sold in the States (and the complete head is €€€). I'm also not 100% sure that it's an exact copy of the XR/NX motor.

Your best bet would be to get a complete XR650L cylinder head. That includes what appears to be the rocker arm cover, because the two are line bored together for the camshaft to run in, so you can't just swap one without the other.

The bigger motors that are sold by Chinese companies tend to be premium products with exclusivity contracts, which means, since they're not made by the millions, that they will cost more, and are usually only available through the authorized brands.

The one main exception to this is the NC250/450 motor, but that's because it was designed to be used for whoever wanted to buy them.

Your best bet is to find someone parting out an XR650L with a good top end. That was a weakness for those motors, if they're run at high speeds for long periods, or if good oil isn't kept in them, they tend to eat the plain bearings (that are just aluminum) for the camshaft in the cylinder head.