Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2020, 06:03 PM   #16

I will say it again, because you own tools doesn't mean you know how to use them properly.
There are millons of "hawks" over the world without riding every single days a lot or kms per day.
They are underpowered, they have cosmetic issues here and there, but if there is one thing they are not is unreliable.

I see mainly two issues in the US when it comes to chinese bikes.

1) Lemons are sorted by the Buyers:

USA:
Boxed at the factory > US Resellers piles the crate > Buyers buys one > US Reseller ships the crate > Buyers must put the bike together.

The resellers should do the QC and THEN ship it to the Buyers

Rest of the World:

Boxed at the Factory > Resellers puts them together and finds any flaw > Buyers buys one > Buyers gets a motorcycle

Resellers does the QC and any lemon is sent back to the factory to be replaced by a non faulty Unit.
The buyers gets a motorcycle that while not the best is not a lemon..
Chances of getting a faulty product is still out there but in a very low %

2) General Mindset

"Is not 500cc and up and it can't do at least 120 mph???? Then is not good for the highway."

This alone put most of the chinese bikes on the "DEATH TRAP!!!" and i have seen a lot of youtubers from the US saying the same thing.

If you can ride above the Minimium speed limit then it is good for the highway... You see someone faster than you? Well just let them pass move to the right

Old 08-01-2020, 06:41 PM   #17

I'm not even going to entertain this disgruntled guy trying to directly attack me and others. I show MY opinion and EVERYTHING that goes wrong with the bikes I buy and review. If I was a paid spokesperson why would I show all the defects, issues and gas leaks?
I spend hours a day helping people on YT, FB and Instagram chat for FREE! YouTube doesn't pay that much at my level... I am 100% honest in every video
Why is his video monitized and he's plastering it all over... Looks like he wants to get paid by YouTube by slandering. Hmm.

-2022 Lifan KPX250
-2023 Hawk X
-2022 Brozz Recon
-2021 Raven 250
-2022 RPS Condor w CG250
-2020 Hellcat (whitey) w ZS190
-2012 Suzuki DRZ400
- Bunch of other $heet with wheels and tracks THATS RIGHT!

MotoCheez on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/MotoCheez
MotoCheez Website.
[URL="http://www.motocheez.com[/URL]

Old 08-01-2020, 06:55 PM   #18

Go away, troll.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCheez View Post
I'm not even going to entertain this disgruntled guy trying to directly attack me and others. I show MY opinion and EVERYTHING that goes wrong with the bikes I buy and review. If I was a paid spokesperson why would I show all the defects, issues and gas leaks?
I spend hours a day helping people on YT, FB and Instagram chat for FREE! YouTube doesn't pay that much at my level... I am 100% honest in every video
Why is his video monitized and he's plastering it all over... Looks like he wants to get paid by YouTube by slandering. Hmm.

Hey Cheez,

You are a great asset to the community. I've learned a lot from your videos and they have informed a lot of my decisions.

Thanks!

Old 08-01-2020, 10:48 PM   #20

Quote:
I can attest to this, I emailed Cheez while I was trying to decide on a bike and got a return email within a day or two,

Thanks again Cheez !!!

Old 08-01-2020, 11:14 PM   #21

Quote:
We should feed these trolls to the Hellcougar...

And then chuck wads of cheese at them.

Old 08-02-2020, 02:42 AM   #22

I got first bike in 67 or 68 was yamaha 100cc was 2 stroke with oiler on side, it was pain to much oil an smoked bad, Used spark plugs alot back then guality was not good now days foreign bikes are good unless find lemon, China bikes are new in market Mostly, china has some highter priced bikes are good qualitylike others. The reason bough myne was cheaper than others figured that cheaper means have to wrench some an i was right but for price cant complain. Motocheese was very helpfull read lot of reviews, after got bike, found china riders members here very helpfull myne was magician 250cc had a few problems, cheap, understandable if want mint condition mint quality hell pay 4grand an up for 250cc. China riders an Motocheez have been helpful.The guy in video even left it up to buyer, he should have talked to place bought , it i seen video while back was kind of funny, he got 1 that had lot of problems, ive had 7 or 8 bikes over years but was out of it long time all had few problems 2 new ones only so ime cheap ass or have to bee

Old 08-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #23

I wouldn't recommend a Chinese crate motorcycle to anyone who isn't a reasonably skilled mechanic, most people will be better off spending the same $2k on a used bike from criagslist. You really need to take these bikes completely apart and re-assemble them correctly.

Ask yourself these questions: Do you have a lot of tools? Do you like to take things apart and put them back together? Do you enjoy swapping parts and tinkering with things? Some people on here clearly enjoy tinkering more than riding. (If you're re-porting the heads on a 200cc chinese dirtbike, you really like tinkering, and that's okay. )

I saw Motocheeze review the 2019 Hawk EFI and showed gas leaking from the tank all over the motor. He had to custom make a gasket to stop leaking. It seemed honest. I thought: the news ones are still just a big a POS as my 2017.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptypockets View Post
I wouldn't recommend a Chinese crate motorcycle to anyone who isn't a reasonably skilled mechanic, most people will be better off spending the same $2k on a used bike from criagslist. You really need to take these bikes completely apart and re-assemble them correctly.

Ask yourself these questions: Do you have a lot of tools? Do you like to take things apart and put them back together? Do you enjoy swapping parts and tinkering with things? Some people on here clearly enjoy tinkering more than riding. (If you're re-porting the heads on a 200cc chinese dirtbike, you really like tinkering, and that's okay. )

I saw Motocheeze review the 2019 Hawk EFI and showed gas leaking from the tank all over the motor. He had to custom make a gasket to stop leaking. It seemed honest. I thought: the news ones are still just a big a POS as my 2017.
this is all part of the fun of owning them, I'd wager most on here are older guys who enjoy tinkering with the bikes. I have a CBR500R that is flawlessly reliable, but it's not as much fun overall as the TBR7 is. My bike has had problems but I expected that for $1440 on the road. my point is, these bikes aren't for everyone. Led Zeppelin didn't write songs everyone would like, they left that to the BeeGees
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 08-02-2020, 01:37 PM   #25

Quote:
That's the reseller fault, they sent you a crate and that's not really an assemble motorcycle or a ready to use one....
The reseller should put together the motorcycle a simple checklist to verify the QC and then shipt it.

The Hawk in the video, was a faulty unit and not road worthy, the owner should have not done any fix.
Same goes for the leaking tank want to fix it? Fine, but the reseller should send you a new one.

Old 08-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
That's the reseller fault, they sent you a crate and that's not really an assemble motorcycle or a ready to use one....
The reseller should put together the motorcycle a simple checklist to verify the QC and then shipt it.

The Hawk in the video, was a faulty unit and not road worthy, the owner should have not done any fix.
Same goes for the leaking tank want to fix it? Fine, but the reseller should send you a new one.
we have the choice here of buying a crate or an assembled bike. I bought an assembled bike from TXpowersports and they built it, did PDI and test ran it before taking off the front wheel and handlebars and shipping it to me. It cost me $150 more and I considered it worth it to get a bike without any shipping damage
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 08-02-2020, 04:29 PM   #27

Because you cant title it in your state, you can't title it anywhere? interesting, I have a titled hawk and storm, zero issues. Pretty much every active member on the DS forum has a street registered china bike, so it would seem that MOST places have no issues registering them.

If you expect Japanese quality and performance for 1/3 the price you're in the wrong spot. If you are not capable or willing to turn a wrench, you're in the wrong spot. If you lack the skill or willingness to be creative in mods, again you're in the wrong spot.

Motocheez hasn't hid any of the short comings that he has had with any of the bikes he's bought or demo'ed. He just doesn't cry, piss and moan about it. He fixes the issue and enjoys the bike. If he cut out all the issues hes had and just sung praises then yeah he would be just shilling bikes for who ever sent it to him. He gets that they are budget bikes, most likely NOT turn key.

Neither of my china bikes can touch my drz400 in performance or quality, but does that make them "bad" bikes? Hell no, they have been a blast and a hell of a value. I still prefer the storm on the street due to the lower seat height, more friendly seating position and much more comfortable seat.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:22 PM   #28

I had a great time this weekend riding my death trap around my home area, Rampart Range. I rode about 40 miles on the ATV tracks, steep rocky hills and valleys, and it ran splendidly. Over 6,000 feet of vertical up and 6,000 down, my GPS says.
Name:  IMG_20200802_152546969_HDR.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  96.1 KB
Name:  IMG_20200802_151728026.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  94.8 KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200801_134443_769.jpg (106.0 KB, 585 views)

Old 08-02-2020, 10:07 PM   #29

Quote:
I had a great time this weekend riding my death trap around my home area, Rampart Range. I rode about 40 miles on the ATV tracks, steep rocky hills and valleys, and it ran splendidly. Over 6,000 feet of vertical up and 6,000 down, my GPS says.
Attachment 22312
Attachment 22313
Did you need one of us to come rescue you??!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #30

I tell ya all... I have a 1980 Yamaha Xs850 Midnight Special also, and comparing everything about my 2020 Hawk to that 40 year old Yam, they're very similar in build quality with the exception that some of the frame welds are better on the Yamaha.

Electrical, the China bike is at least as good if not better. Plastics used are cheaper, for sure, but paint, fit and finish, design and mechanical reliability are easily equals.

Everyone seems to extoll the virtues of the Japanese bikes from the 70s and 80s; I can tell you firsthand that the Chinese motorcycle industry is most assuredly at that level today. In 20 more years, who knows.

That said, if j do my part as the vehicle owner, maintaining and repairing the machine as needed, I have no doubt it will last. I also have realistic expectations for a bike costing 3x to 5x less than a comparable Japanese machine.

Also, I successfully titled and insured my Hawk 250 last week here in Michigan. It was such a non-issue it's laughable.