Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2020, 09:08 AM   #1

Orion RXB 250L Delivered

Well my new Orion RXB 250L was delivered Wed. a.m., delivery driver was super nice and lift gated it off and helped me get it uncovered so we could confirm no shipping damage.

Got it to house and to make long story short it looks great , no damage and

i am impressed with the fit and finish. Only problem is, it won't start.It won't even make a backfire or a pop. It turns over fine , but won't start up.

It started raining after i got it home so i will check and see if it is getting spark to the plug and start troubleshooting from there .Really wanted to ride it but no joy so far. So, i'll verify fire or lack thereof and go from there and will update.It may be something simple and likely is, just need time to track down the issue ,will update when possible.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-30-2020, 09:15 AM   #2

Congrats on the new bike! Check that you didn't turn on the kill switch by accident.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 07-30-2020, 07:10 PM   #3

There are a bunch of things you need to do before starting that bike. Change out shipping oil and adjusting valves are a start. The RXB is not a ready to ride bike when delivered. Check the Orion website for break in details.

Last edited by Rokoneer; 07-31-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:02 PM   #4

Things I did with my RXB150

My RXB150 wouldn't start when I got it either. I didn't try until changing the oil and going over the wiring and nuts/bolts. Thought I was ready to go...but NO.

I finally got it to start by turning the pilot jet screw about 3+ turns out. This let me know I needed a different pilot jet. It still kept on stalling when I would let off the throttle.

I ordered up some Pilot Jets and Main Jets from Jetsrus.com and had them in 2-days. Proceeded to tune the carb and after about 4 tries got it right.

I think that is all you will need to do to get it running OK. I haven't adjusted the valves, but it is on the list. There are none of the tell-tail signs of tight valves (stalling at idle when hot, etc), so I am not very worried about running for a few hundred miles before an adjustment.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 07-30-2020, 09:41 PM   #5

Does this mean they are back in stock at Orion??

Old 07-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #6

Lol i wish i could get it to where i could adjust the carb , it has no fire at the plug. I paid the $139 Fee for them to break it in / do 2 oil changes etc along with the assy so while i have no visible shipping damage all i can figure is something came unplugged or something during transit , due to bad weather thats all i know atm, no fire at plug, she will spin over but not fire up. All i could check was any visible unplugged connectors and didnt see any, and i checked to make sure the plug wire was plugged into the coil good , it was. I am sure the kill switch is in the "Run" position but ill pull the plug again and ground it to engine and try it again in both positions to make sure it throws no spark in either position.
If it doesnt then ill start diagnosing from there , i got an email in to ORION asking if theres any fuses etc i need to check but no reply back yet

Arkbill - Orion shows they have some of the "dirt only" RXB 250's in stock, mine is the "L" street legal model, those still say out of stock, but i just got it so they might have one and havent updated their site yet , i 'd ask em fast if you want one.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-30-2020, 10:08 PM   #7

Check and make sure the coil is making a good ground and grind some of the paint off if need be. Been the issue before for many and me too couple months ago.

Old 07-31-2020, 09:45 AM   #8

@China Rider 27 I will definitely try that ,the coil is fairly accessible so that job will be easily doable ,more so than some of my other options to start diagnosing.

@jeffrey Yeah i tried that , it didn't help, good call tho, the TBr&'s have that lock out switch but the RXB does not, their "lock out" switch is for some reason on the front brake lever on the bars- to allow the Bike to turn over, you have to grab a handful of front brake or the starter wont turn the engine over.

I got an email back from Orion and they told me where the fuse is and said since they pro prepped it was obviously running when it left there so they gave me some stuff to start checking , beginning with checking the kill switch and some connectors under the tank & seat, the CDI is behind the front headlight so i will check that connector too , so first thing is pull plug check neither kill switch position results in fire at plug then if it doesn't i'll go from there.

Will update as i try stuff ,wish me luck !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-31-2020, 09:54 AM   #9

Wiring one of my RXB150 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Lol i wish i could get it to where i could adjust the carb , it has no fire at the plug. I paid the $139 Fee for them to break it in / do 2 oil changes etc along with the assy so while i have no visible shipping damage all i can figure is something came unplugged or something during transit , due to bad weather thats all i know atm, no fire at plug, she will spin over but not fire up. All i could check was any visible unplugged connectors and didnt see any, and i checked to make sure the plug wire was plugged into the coil good , it was. I am sure the kill switch is in the "Run" position but ill pull the plug again and ground it to engine and try it again in both positions to make sure it throws no spark in either position.
If it doesnt then ill start diagnosing from there , i got an email in to ORION asking if theres any fuses etc i need to check but no reply back yet

Arkbill - Orion shows they have some of the "dirt only" RXB 250's in stock, mine is the "L" street legal model, those still say out of stock, but i just got it so they might have one and havent updated their site yet , i 'd ask em fast if you want one.
Wiring was one of my RXB150 issues. It didn't cause a fail to the spark, but it was a mess the way they jammed the ball of wire behind the headlight. Maybe yours is the same with something disconnected? But, likely not something that can effect spark. I also found pinch points in the harness, and a starter wire rubbing on the skid plate, and had to re-route some. Good luck on your trouble shooting!

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 08-03-2020, 10:20 AM   #10

Just a heads up, on my rxb150 you need to press down on either the foot brake or hand brake in order to start.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #11

Yeah thanks Phildo , on mine it is the front brake, i tried that but didnt help .If you dont pull the front brake in, it wont even spin over, if i pull it in it will spin over but wont run, still no fire at plug.
i got a lot of parts in for it so at this point i am working on installing those and finishing up a swingarm swap on my Vader , i ll finish figuring it out in the next few days.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-14-2020, 02:04 PM   #12

UPDATE: Finally found the issue, it was a partially seated / unseated CDI plug, and one wire in one side of the two connectors also appeared to have a partial insertion lock issue. After i pushed all the wires in and made sure they "clicked" and then pushed the connector halves together until the retention lock fully engaged it started right up,and runs like a champ.

I still have the seat off and was doing some other mods as parts show up while i was tracking down the no fire at plug issue ,but i'll try and put it back together enough to post a pic this evening or in the morning.

I started it and let it run on the stand but i have yet to actually go for an actual test ride ,can't wait for that haha !
2020 Orion RXB250L