Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2020, 06:28 PM   #16

()

Last edited by CaseysTech; 07-05-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Old 07-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #17

After changing to 20w50 oil and draining the tank and putting in 92 octane the noise is gone.

Last edited by CaseysTech; 07-05-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:03 AM   #18

I put 20w50 in mine, haven't tried premium yet though. The noise is still there, but it's not bad and nowhere near as loud as the Hawk 250 I had. That things valve noise was really loud (after many adjustments).

My KPM200 doesn't make the noise. Same 200cc engine, but it's a 6spd and water cooled.

Old 07-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #19

()

Last edited by CaseysTech; 07-05-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:53 PM   #20

Ok, mine only did it while upright (not on the kickstand). So tonight I lifted it and could definitely hear it was coming from the tank.

Opened the cap looked to the left down inside the tank and seen a tube. Took a long screwdriver and put it to the left of the tube and bent it just a bit (to the right, towards the fill opening). Gave some throttle and the vibration noise is gone when giving it throttle.

I'll try and ride it tomorrow to confirm. There was another member on here who had reported the same thing. I had bent mine a bit then, but must've gone in the wrong direction.

Fingers crossed. Other than this annoying vibration noise, we love this thing.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oincman View Post
Ok, mine only did it while upright (not on the kickstand). So tonight I lifted it and could definitely hear it was coming from the tank.

Opened the cap looked to the left down inside the tank and seen a tube. Took a long screwdriver and put it to the left of the tube and bent it just a bit (to the right, towards the fill opening). Gave some throttle and the vibration noise is gone when giving it throttle.

I'll try and ride it tomorrow to confirm. There was another member on here who had reported the same thing. I had bent mine a bit then, but must've gone in the wrong direction.

Fingers crossed. Other than this annoying vibration noise, we love this thing.

Yes sir, same as mine. Can't tell you how good it felt to get rid of that noise!

Old 07-18-2020, 07:59 AM   #22

Lol, well the tank vibration is gone, but now I have another vibration noise coming from the front somewhere. So back on the stand it goes and try and find it.