Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2020, 08:02 PM   #16

Really good info guys. I didn't think my thread was going to turn into a history lesson on the SSR XF250. Lol.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:21 PM   #17

The Qingqi bikes bring out the nostalgia. 2LZ and dh are longtime members who have owned their Qingqi bikes for a long time. That should tell you something about these bikes! Oh, if you didn't know, these engines are identical to Suzuki products vs. the Honda-like engines in the other brands' dual-sports. You can repair these engines with Suzuki parts, and use genuine maintenance items like Suzuki oil filters and air filters.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-19-2020, 09:03 AM   #18

Yeah. I've been told and read several times that these have Suzuki based engines. I just wish there were more performance parts like cams and high compression pistons. I wanna make some power with this bike. Well as much as a 250 will ever make. Lol.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKng View Post
Yeah. I've been told and read several times that these have Suzuki based engines. I just wish there were more performance parts like cams and high compression pistons. I wanna make some power with this bike. Well as much as a 250 will ever make. Lol.
Suzuki TU250 performance parts should bolt right on. Popular bike. There must be some somewhere.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #20

Guys I just got off the phone with Saferwholesale. They are telling me that this is the SSR XF250. It just seems to be labeled wrong apparently... If this is really the case this is seems like a decent deal.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKng View Post
Guys I just got off the phone with Saferwholesale. They are telling me that this is the SSR XF250. It just seems to be labeled wrong apparently... If this is really the case this is seems like a decent deal.
Surely they have happy customers out there since they have been in business for years, but many posts in this group indicate that they are a bait and switch kind of dealer for some members. Case in point; more that once, members wanted to order the Bashan DB41h dual-sport, a 49-state EPA/DOT certified bike which can be plated in every state but California. However, they ordered the bike, and then a couple days later, got a call from Safer stating they were out of the Bashan, but we will send you a Hawk, instead. Now, the Hawk is a great bike, but it is EPA certified as an off-road dirtbike, not EPA/DOT. Keep in mind, when the Hawk became very popular, Bashan responded with the DB41h which is near identical to a Hawk, but like I mentioned, it is street-legal for 49 states, whereas the Hawk could prove difficult to impossible in some states to street register. I do recall the opposite happening as well where someone ordered a Hawk but got the call they were out and took a Bashan instead. There have been other members with other bikes over the years. The point being--I would never trust Saferwholesale.

Now, that being said, the XF250 is a fairly premium bike, so they probably do have them in stock, and you will probably end up with a couple year old XF250 (so called NOS, or new, old stock) bike, or even a brand new one? Obviously, pay with credit card for disputes, and whatever you do--DO NOT LET THEM SEND YOU A HAWK IF THEY CLAIM THE XF250 IS OUT OF STOCK!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-20-2020, 01:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Surely they have happy customers out there since they have been in business for years, but many posts in this group indicate that they are a bait and switch kind of dealer for some members. Case in point; more that once, members wanted to order the Bashan DB41h dual-sport, a 49-state EPA/DOT certified bike which can be plated in every state but California. However, they ordered the bike, and then a couple days later, got a call from Safer stating they were out of the Bashan, but we will send you a Hawk, instead. Now, the Hawk is a great bike, but it is EPA certified as an off-road dirtbike, not EPA/DOT. Keep in mind, when the Hawk became very popular, Bashan responded with the DB41h which is near identical to a Hawk, but like I mentioned, it is street-legal for 49 states, whereas the Hawk could prove difficult to impossible in some states to street register. I do recall the opposite happening as well where someone ordered a Hawk but got the call they were out and took a Bashan instead. There have been other members with other bikes over the years. The point being--I would never trust Saferwholesale.

Now, that being said, the XF250 is a fairly premium bike, so they probably do have them in stock, and you will probably end up with a couple year old XF250 (so called NOS, or new, old stock) bike, or even a brand new one? Obviously, pay with credit card for disputes, and whatever you do--DO NOT LET THEM SEND YOU A HAWK IF THEY CLAIM THE XF250 IS OUT OF STOCK!!
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. But I'm having trouble finding a bike within reasonable driving distance so I might have to chance it. I have one more that I'm checking up on hopefully this one might be a hit...