Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2020, 12:15 PM   #1

Q9 and TaoTao TBR7

Edit: Q9 handled the process poorly. Pushed back the date 4 times instead of just being upfront that they are unsure when estimated delivery would be. Other people I have spoken too who ordered from them before and after me have gotten their bikes or at least tracking info but I had literally nothing. Seems like other dealers have a month or max 5 week delivery time I will be looking into them. Good luck to everyone who has pre-orders with Q9.

So I have recently discovered the China Bike craze and quickly wanted to get one for myself. I rode dirt bikes a ton when I was younger so I have a bit of riding experience but it has been at least 10+ years since I've driven one. Was doing a lot of research and today was the day I pulled the trigger. I pre-ordered a TaoTao TBR7, which the customer service rep from Q9 said would be back in stock in early June.

After pre-ordering, got confirmation email about address verification, my billing/mailing address are different because I recently moved (same state). Working with customer service now about how to verify my address when the DMV is closed/bills are in another person's name at the address I currently live. I emailed customer service, got a response within 5 minutes.

Timeline:

5/16 - order placed/received confirmation email
5/16 - received address verification email, sent in proof of billing/mailing address

5/21 - I contacted customer support because I did not hear anything about them approving my address verification. They said everything was good and TBR7 is "expected" to be ready and shipped in early June. This is different than what i heard before pre-ordering, customer service rep said it WOULD ship early June. Hopefully it was just miscommunication, only time will tell.

6/3 - Contacted customer support just to check on things, they said estimated ship date is now June 11th-25th.

6/16 - Contacted to check status of pre-order. I asked how long it will be and all they could tell me was it was it was going to ship out in a couple weeks. I asked for clarification of that meant 2, 3, or 4 weeks and they said they didn’t know.

6/26 - Painfully waited the almost 3 week range they gave me, no shipping info. Called them to find out what’s going on, they said they have no control over what containers go through customs at the ports, and it’s going to be another 2-3 weeks before I have tracking info. Beginning to look for new seller because I’m tired of this, people who ordered bikes weeks after me already have them.

6/26 - Emailed them I was going away at the beginning of august and if the bike was not going to ship out before then I would have to cancel my order because no one would be here to accept the shipment. They emailed me back that they cancelled my order because it will not ship out in the “timeframe I gave them” without even confirming with me that I really wanted to cancel. Looks like I’m finding a different seller going to look into TX or Killer.

Last edited by Loadedpw; 06-26-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:57 PM   #2

Angry Good luck

I've been waiting 7 weeks for mine since ordering fron Q9.
Does anyone else have these?

I'll let you know when they claim mine ships, they are still saying june.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:23 PM   #3

Pretty sure they are just waiting for the container to drop from China. I ordered a Hellcat from Q9 on April 17 when they were still available stateside and it was at my door on the 23rd. Called in for MCO on 24th and had it May 3rd.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY4K View Post
I've been waiting 7 weeks for mine since ordering fron Q9.
Does anyone else have these?

I'll let you know when they claim mine ships, they are still saying june.
Going to another seller/dealer won't help at this point. It's a supply issue from China. The cargo ship should be unloading the cargo containers full of china bikes in the next week or two. Then they need to be sorted and shipped to their respective dealers all over the US.

Of course, Q9 isn't located on a coast.. so theirs will take an extra day or two.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:03 PM   #5

Fingers crossed that "early June" is more than wishful thinking on Q9's part. Ordered my TBR7 today.

g.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15sim View Post
Fingers crossed that "early June" is more than wishful thinking on Q9's part. Ordered my TBR7 today.

g.
I called them yesterday about a Hellcat and they said those should be in by end of June. RPS Hawks by mid June.

Not sure if I should pre order a Hellcat now.... Secure my place so to speak... Or just wait til late June and see. But then the 4th of July holiday may slow down processing and shipping too.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:52 AM   #7

"should be" concerns me.

g.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:33 AM   #8

I ordered from Q9 back on 5/6. At that time, they told me 2nd half of May was when they would have inventory. It's not the end of May and they still don't have stock. I called them yesterday and they're now telling me they're hoping to get stock in the 1st half of June. They also told me they were the US distributor... which is a lie.

Personally, I think they're just guessing and lying. I say thing because Tao USA should know exactly what's currently inbound. The dealers should also be getting this info from Tao. You really can't run a business if you don't know you're inventory status.

BTW, I recently bought a Chinese scooter. When I order it, I contacted the distributor to see if they had inventory. I was shocked because the guy I spoke with actually put me on hold to go physically check. He came back and said they ad a few of 2019s of the model I was looking for. He also told me if I wanted one, I should order now with any dealer. But if I wasn't in a hurry, I should wait for the 2020 models to arrive because there would be a few minor changes. When I asked as to when he was expecting the 2020 models, he said he didn't know. All he had heard was that it would be 2-4 months, but that wasn't set in stone. He said it might take longer. Oh, I found out later that the guy I spoke with was their dealer sales manager. As in he was in charge of maintaining dealer relations and signing up new dealerships. So if anyone would have know when this distributor was getting new stock to send to their dealer, it would have been him.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:40 AM   #9

I do have one question...

How is Harbor Freight able to keep their Chinese made products in stock? How is it that I've been ordering stuff from AliExpress and getting things in as quick as 8 days, when it's coming from China?

Maybe the answer is simple.

These boxes the ATVs ship in are only like 5ft long and the warehouse guys can't figure out how to keep the 6ft mandatory distance to get them loaded for shipping? LOL..

Old 06-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #10

Haven’t heard anything from them yet, probably going to call today or tomorrow just to see what they say.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:55 AM   #11

I ordered my tbr7 from q9 back in March, had it in 4 days.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpman3 View Post
I ordered my tbr7 from q9 back in March, had it in 4 days.
End of March when I ordered my Hawk, txpowersports said they had tbr7's in Stock and ready to ship as well. Somehow the tbr7 got missed on the boat to out of stock-ville.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
End of March when I ordered my Hawk, txpowersports said they had tbr7's in Stock and ready to ship as well. Somehow the tbr7 got missed on the boat to out of stock-ville.
I got from a very reliable source that the TBR7's arrived last week and 90% of those were pre-orders. good luck guys.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #14

Fingers SO crossed right now.

I've got a brand new Mikuni carb sitting on my desk and it's getting very lonely.

g.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:03 AM   #15

Just spoke to Q9. They are saying now that the TBRs won’t ship until June 11th-25th. This is sad because the rep on the phone told me that they will be in the first week of June... I am gunna make some more calls to other dealers, if one of them has them in stock I’m gunna cancel my pre-order and go with them.

Tags
#q9powersports, #taotao, #tbr7