Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #16

Newbee555

Newbee555 ,
cool .

If I was really paying attention I would have put two and two together when you asked which bike would win a race between that Kawsaki and the Baja 110 . DUH !!!!! 8O
I like the Baja's looks, nice bikes . How do you like it ? Does it run good, fast, etc ????
Got any pictures ????

Cheers, Kelly

Old 05-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #17

kelly i like my baja alot it is pretty fast not a rocket but not slow and it runs good to hey i was wondering how come china bikes dont make and 500s or 600s

Old 05-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #18

Newbee555

Newbee , my opinion on that 500c 600cc thing is they don't have a big enough market willing to buy a China bike and still compete with the Japanese makers and still make enough profit on thier bikes too .
It is hard to beat a Japenese bike in quality and still make a reasonably piriced bike from China, and if the price goes too high most people will opt for Japanese stuff anyway . That is because they have proved to the market they are good durable, strong running bikes . China has a bad reputation unless you have had good luck with thier stuff that is . It is so hit and miss with thier quality that is scares most buyers away , especially because of parts availablity issues too .
I have had pretty good luck with mine so far , but if I was a millionaire I would probably own a bunch of KTM's or Husky's personally too . That isn't to say I would get rid of my China bikes, because I wouldn't, I would just have to buy a bunch of other bikes for the harder riding is all . I honestly love my CHina bikes, they are not bad at all , and the ones I am building are above standard by far for CHina bikes . I would never sell my DB200 or the Viva 250, they are very cool bikes and I have grown very attatched to them now. That is because they are NICE bikes in my opinion . That little DB200 fits my gal perfectly and she can ride the snott out of it and it is a good bike for her too to learn on to get better with . You couldn't buy a RM125 or 250 and tell me she would have as much fun on it, because it is too much bike for her right now. Plus they are too tall , way too tall for the novice 5'4" person .
Anyway, I am rambling, thats what I do, but that's my opinion of the 500cc 600cc thing .............

Cheers, kelly out

Old 05-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #19

very nice!!!!

sry to hear about the loss in your family.

take care.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #20

Thanks Zapkin

Thanks Zapkin ,
Appreciate the kind words and thoughts , really .
It is pretty cool huh ? I am a bit biased obviously, but it is what it is . It may be the most attrociously colorfull Jackson Five Hip-Hop dirt bike ever created , but I wrenched every bolt on it nonetheless , and the componants are sturdy as is the work Lol !
I got my chain and sprocket tonight, I am riding this thing finally this weekend. Where did I say that before ??????
I am praying for MUDD and rain this weekend , in reverse order of course. I want to rip it up on those new Dunlops really badly :twisted:

Cheers, kelly5150 out

Old 05-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #21

Ride update

Ride update on Micheals Jacksons bike.
This baby ripps good now . The chain tensioner mod is working well, no hick-ups at all . Keeps any slap out of the chain and off the swingarm too .
Everything appears to be holding together well . The engine is still holding its own too, comming into itself quite well. Gave it some stress today for an hour or so . No complaints in the torque department on the Lifan race motors .
I did wreck today quite good 8O . Broke no parts which doesn't suprise me really, nor did I break me which did surprise me I was wearing my helmet , gloves , and my Answer boots . Had I not been, I would have been hurting . I did bloody my knee , only because I decided ( bad decision ) to not wear my ride pants this time .
I came out of our culvert in the front yard in 1st gear into 2nd in a power wheelie and those Dunlops got loose on an angle out of the culvert throwing the bike a full 180* around , me laying on top of the bike with my knee and foot under the bike . Nice 8O That all happened in a split second . Pulled the bars forward when I wrecked, no bends , nothing wrong with the bike. It pays to have strong componants when you build .
It was embarrasing, but these little bikes get away from me quick if I am not paying attention . Plus I was sitting down and I knew I should be standing up. Oh well . Straightened the bars out in the risers, retightened them down hard and rode some more , bleeding
It is going to take some time to learn this bike and its torque bands . With the Mikuni on it , it really comes un-glued on the upper end of the rev limit . She screams with torque when she is happy up there . It reminds me of a two stroke at the top end of the powerbands with this carb set-up . All of a sudden she opens up and talks to that Lifan motor and tells her to go 8O . She complies well , but its alot to hang onto for a 6' guy on this little Disco Scrambler of Micheals .. She is mighty fast for what it is .
Did a few moderate jumps to get everything loosened up too . Handled it easilly . Just some three foot high by by six foot long stuff . I didn't feel like being in too much pain today since I am just learning these little bikes . Soaked um up just fine . I am quite sure I have enough suspension to do 20 footers and then some, but darned if I am going to be on the bike when it happens ! 8O I would die for sure 8O I will save that for the Viva 250 thank you very much . I have lost my edge not racing anymore and I think I will keep it that way . The way my knee feels right now tells me that I really am tired of the pain I used to endour riding stupid . Evil Kinevil no more 8O It also tells me to ALWAYS wear your ride pants . Big dummy !!!!!!!!!!

They are more fun than man should even have though . I am glad I built her and the Carbon one too . They are squirrely little bikes for the tall guys though , especially with the good powerplants installed in them .

Cheers , build one today or buy a performance one already built , they are toooooooooooooooooo much fun and you really ought to have some too .

Cheers, Kelly5150 out

Old 05-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #22

for over $2000 why didn't you just get a kawasaki or a suzuki

Old 05-11-2008, 05:20 AM   #23

Newbee555

Newbee555,

Good question , but if I have to explain this, you wouldn't understand what building means to me now would you ? But I will try to make you understand anyway , and also answer your Japanese question too .
I will say this though , although this feels really draining now to do it .
I won't buy a Japanese bike even if I am rich anymore . I would buy Huskey or KTM or China long before I help the Japanese do anything . I used to buy Japanese bikes when I was young but I try not to support them anymore . I have my reasons but can't voice them here without retaliation from the powers that be .
First off , I love to build bikes, ok ? Second off is , you cannot get Japanese parts at reasonable prices . Nor bikes at reasonable prices .
I can get inexpensive Lifan motor parts anytime I want them, all of them .
3rd, is I actually wanted to build a Chinese pit-racer , not go buy a Japanese pit-racer already built . That part you may never understand , obviously . 4th is, I don't need a Japanese brand name to make me feel important or feel that I have a nice bike ? My China pit-bikes are nice .
5th is , owning something Japanese doesn't make me feel proud . It actually makes me feel like a traitor more than buying China stuff does .
Spending $2,000 to build a bike is nothing more than spit to me in the big picture . I spent $2,800 just to rebuild my Norton motor .
So I guess it aint about the money, it aint about anything except NOT supporting the Japanese makers and Japan , and it is all about building a bike , thats it . I am proud of my China bike, and I am proud of the build .

Cheers, kelly5150