Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #1

Performance advice?

hallo everyone

ive had a flick through and id just like some oppinions on the following. at the moment i have a fairly uninspiring 125 which has bad clutch plates, anyone know of a guide to replace them?

i hear the carbs are a cheap copy of a keihein, is it possible to get the genuine one for a bit of extra performace as theyre more precisely made? or even a bigger bore carb? ones off ebay?

Exhaust? i know on 2 strokes they play a major role, my end can has disintegrated so i need to do something, thinking about chopping it and fitting a stubby pit bike can :wink:

im considering upgrading the engine cc to a 200cc or even 250cc? whats the best way to go about this

1 : get a brand new or good cond chinese 200/250cc engine, any wiring discrepencies here? i dont think these engines would perform that much better though?

2 : find a honda engine, from what i can tell a honda cdx 200 engine or xr250 engine will fit? anyone know of a model list that uses compatible engines? anyone gone down this route before?

3 : fettle with the old lump, sounds complicated being 4 stroke but its an option, problem is finding the bits that fit? is there a supplier of bits such as;
flowed heads or 4v heads?
camshafts
crankshaft
better quality clutch
upgraded bearings and such?
even a potential 6th gear?
performance cdi?

i know my way around a 2 stroke and have built a 4 stroke brushcutter engine, i think if i worked from a hayes manual i might be able to sort something

just looking for advice really or anyone done owt like this before? care to show your work
cheers for ya help

sam

Old 05-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #2

Hey Sam,

Welcome aboard. If I were you, I'd pick up a complete engine on eBay. They have some good deals on 150 and 200's that come complete. Should be bolt in and go. Go to eBay and search for Lifan and see what's there.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 05-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #3

Fettle?

NOT a term I expect to hear here! LOL

Sounds like you have a high mileage/abuse bike, probably best to simply survive, patch up as needed to keep it rolling.