Old 10-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #16

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/SQtMxaE6GAqm93bvStewLA

Google chrome should have a plug in to translate

Old 10-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/SQtMxaE6GAqm93bvStewLA

Google chrome should have a plug in to translate
What do you mean?? Chrome has a built in translation services, It translate almost to the perfection

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  87.3 KB

Old 10-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #18

It looks like a cousin to the Yamaha N-Max and even both have the same declared max speed. 125 km/h

Old 10-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #19

These bigger scooters a popular here to a group of guys to travel etc
Around $3000 tho or a bit more

Old 10-12-2019, 11:45 PM   #20

Quote:
These bigger scooters a popular here to a group of guys to travel etc
Around $3000 tho or a bit more
They are getting popular here too, from the chinese variants to the BMW C series
The Yamaha Nmx is around 3600 usd, the chinese ones are still the very basic ones.

Old 10-13-2019, 09:22 AM   #21

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/YyavCMV0pEE-y6LBsThMEw

Old 10-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #22

Quote:
CSC already has their (ok Zongshen's) venerable RX4 with the 450 engine out and ready here in the US. American Lifan has been teasing bringing Lifan's 450 or 500 adventure bike to the US in a year or two (most likely 2 since EPA/DOT seems to take forever), not to mention their 'streetfighter' style 350 they have been showing over and over on their Facebook page.

The problem I see with larger engine Chinese bikes is the price is NOT a bargain priced dual-sport. CSC's 450 is priced at around $6k+ when you include their shipping and fees, etc. They already had a VERY capable bike in the RX3, including a cult following; but will even that following translate to 450 sales? There have been a few members here reporting buying the 450, so my guess is 'yes' but again; CSC already has a following. Lifan has a following. These other companies might have an excellent product, but without a following, will find it difficult to get a foothold here.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-13-2019, 02:11 PM   #23

Quote:
That one is yet to arrive here, the closest we have in chinese touring bikes with
two cylinders and more than 500cc are the benelli touring with the trk 500 and the TnT 600.
Benelli and the CF moto are selling quite well. Now people is expecting the cf moto in 700cc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
CSC already has their (ok Zongshen's) venerable RX4 with the 450 engine out and ready here in the US. American Lifan has been teasing bringing Lifan's 450 or 500 adventure bike to the US in a year or two (most likely 2 since EPA/DOT seems to take forever), not to mention their 'streetfighter' style 350 they have been showing over and over on their Facebook page.

The problem I see with larger engine Chinese bikes is the price is NOT a bargain priced dual-sport. CSC's 450 is priced at around $6k+ when you include their shipping and fees, etc. They already had a VERY capable bike in the RX3, including a cult following; but will even that following translate to 450 sales? There have been a few members here reporting buying the 450, so my guess is 'yes' but again; CSC already has a following. Lifan has a following. These other companies might have an excellent product, but without a following, will find it difficult to get a foothold here.
I always found chinese bike in USA as an oddity, giving the history between the US and China.
Those larger cc motorcycle are aimed for other markets, for example some parts in Europe, India, South America, etc.

Let me give you an example:
Cf Moto 650NK, Two cylinders, 8 valves, Dohc, Efi made by Bosch. 71 HP at 8500 RPM
Price in Argentina: 8500 USD

With that money if you want a Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, etc. You can only get a 300cc motorcycle something along the lines of MT03, etc which are quite weaker than the CF moto

I know a few owners with the 650NK that quite happy with them and they have put around 40.000 km without issues.
The Fear that some potential users have with these chinese motorcycle is the post sales service and the resale value.

Resale value with Japanese brands is always high, with chinese well if you are lucky you can sell it. We have a brand that brings chinese motorcycle among indians one. In their catalog they have a motorcycle that use an engine that is better than the one used in the South American Honda XR250
It's a 250cc DOHC water cooled and outputs like 1 or 2 more HP than the XR250 which is also DOHC but oil cooled.....
You can sell the XR250 like a hot cake the other one not so much.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:09 PM   #24

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/ZIMQTAAazCif4jveqka2MA

Old 10-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #25

We had the CF Moto bikes, but we got the ones with issues. They stopped bringing them here, THEN they fixed them. An expat Polish (I believe) member on Mychinamoto.com who lives in China hated all Chinese bikes and would steer members away due to his negative experiences with Chine bikes. Until he got a fixed version of the CF Moto. He cannot praise it enough.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-15-2019, 11:23 PM   #26

Quote:
We had the CF Moto bikes, but we got the ones with issues. They stopped bringing them here, THEN they fixed them. An expat Polish (I believe) member on Mychinamoto.com who lives in China hated all Chinese bikes and would steer members away due to his negative experiences with Chine bikes. Until he got a fixed version of the CF Moto. He cannot praise it enough.
Yes the early ones at least the one sold here, had issue with the electronics, but the sellers did cover them under warranty. Slowly they are growing here, but like i say here the main issue at least is Argentina, is poor resale value.
In a country like Argentina where the economy has way too up and downs, being able to resale your good is quite important.

Having an Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki is like having a check that you can deposit whenever you want.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:05 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Yes the early ones at least the one sold here, had issue with the electronics, but the sellers did cover them under warranty. Slowly they are growing here, but like i say here the main issue at least is Argentina, is poor resale value.
In a country like Argentina where the economy has way too up and downs, being able to resale your good is quite important.

Having an Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki is like having a check that you can deposit whenever you want.
Like China, resale on Chinese bikes is poor but imported bikes is FAR better

Old 10-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #28

Quote:
The two complaints people here on Chinariders had (without seeing one in person, riding one, or owning one) were the spaghetti noodle thin forks and the rear drum. I am planning what to get for my 4th Chinese dual-sport, and am heavily leaning to this one due to Lifan stepping up the quality control, not to mention I will be primarily commuting 33 miles a day round trip year round (southwest desert--very HOT summers), so don't want anything too fancy. Forks and drum brake do not really bother me for my intentions, although I will desire to explore Arizona trails here and there now that I moved back here for good. I will probably throw on a 17 countersprocket to maximize my road capabilities. I know that Caesar of Small Engine Velocity has gotten a higher top speed out of the 3 Lifans he has. He bought his own KP Mini 150 and was able to get about 70 mph stock out of it, 82 top speed on the KPR 200, and if I recall over 80 on the Lycan 250. All are above what Lifan claims. They claim 70 for the X-Pect, and I am guessing yours is not even fully broken in. Caesar has not done a top speed run on the X-Pect as of yet, as far as I can tell. Disclaimer--Caesar is something like 130 pounds, so that might have something to do with his top speeds. Anyway, I look forward to video and reports of your experience with this bike.

Having 450 miles on this now, I can honestly say it’s gotten even better! As for the spaghetti noodle front shocks, I don’t know what kind of springs they used but at 6”1’ 215lbs I can’t bottom this thing out. I recently went to 20 weight fork oil just because- better is always better- and now I can jump this thing like a champ!! As for the rear drum, yea this was a downside for me that was over ridden by the EFI, but I must say, it works well. Wet or dry, when I adjusted the pedal it is legit.

Having good experience with Chinese bikes, I can say this is one legit dual sport. On and off road!

Old 10-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #29

The one real issue with the thin forks is mainly flex. I have invested quite a bit into my Hawks noodles, and between the preload being set properly and the YSS valves beneath them, it handles and rides far better than I think anybody would expect it to. Where you notice the issue is when turning the bars, and it wouldn't be something you notice until you fit a fork brace and especially if you take it off again. The difference is night and day.

The rear drum isn't entirely a deal breaker for me, but I just question why they didn't go with a rear disc. I doubt it would have added much cost to the bike, if any. It just seems like a decision to try and save a few pennies.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-27-2020, 07:34 PM   #30

Does any one know what the rear sprocket is like? Like the CG style or something else?

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Tags
lifan, xpect