Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2019, 12:19 PM   #1

Hawk wheels on a TBR7?

I was wondering if a set of Hawk wheels will fit the Tao Tao TBR7? Now I do have both bikes so I can do a little research myself and try to figure it out. I was just curious if anyone else has wondered the same thing? I love my TBR7 the only real draw back as I see it is the tire type and size (for off road use) a set of 18” 21” would be awesome on the TBR7.
So let me know
1: will the Hawk wheels fit the TBR7
2: if not since I own both I will try to swap them around and let y’all know.
Duckman out

Old 10-24-2019, 12:46 PM   #2

Most likely they will fit. The Brozz Blue eagle rear swing arm fits the Hawk wheel with the Brozz spacer on the left side and Hawk brake bracket on the right and the TBR7 uses the same basic style rear swing arm as the Hawk, so it may be even more direct. The front forks are more or less identical.

Want to know for sure, swap them around and see.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-24-2019, 07:41 PM   #3

I’m curious as well. I would like to swap in some 18/21’s on my Brozz

Old 10-24-2019, 08:36 PM   #4

Should be same....
Anyone want USD fork set up? I might just might bring them to the USA

Old 10-24-2019, 11:30 PM   #5

I was checking them out today, the rear discs are in a different position as well as shape. That being said. I broke out the tape measure and and measured the bikes for clearance. I know everybody thinks the Hawk has more clearance because of the bigger wheels but news flash it does not have more clearance than the TBR7. So changing the wheels would give the TBR7 more clearance. Now that’s at stock heights. The lowest part on the Hawk being the brake area and the TBR7 being the foot peg area. I was surprised at that. The Hawk looks taller until you put them side by side and pull out the tape measure. I love both bikes and I can’t pick one over the other as it stands today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E4574382-4DC0-4B24-B01E-2FD84C955535.jpg (20.8 KB, 1017 views)

Old 10-25-2019, 03:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
I was checking them out today, the rear discs are in a different position as well as shape. That being said. I broke out the tape measure and and measured the bikes for clearance. I know everybody thinks the Hawk has more clearance because of the bigger wheels but news flash it does not have more clearance than the TBR7. So changing the wheels would give the TBR7 more clearance. Now that’s at stock heights. The lowest part on the Hawk being the brake area and the TBR7 being the foot peg area. I was surprised at that. The Hawk looks taller until you put them side by side and pull out the tape measure. I love both bikes and I can’t pick one over the other as it stands today.
That honestly doesn't surprise me really. The Hawk's rear brake being so low is one of my biggest dislikes of the bike. I am not blessed with knowledge of how soft the TBR7 springs are, but the Hawk primary coils on the rear shock and the forks with almost no preload also means the Hawk tends to sag quite a bit under its own weight even while on the side stand. I do know that the TBR7 rear shock has adjustable preload vs. the Hawk not having such which could be a contributing factor. I know what I fitted my new shock that the difference in static height was disproportionate to the height increase from the extra 5mm alone. Park mine next to a standard Hawk and it looks like I installed a lift kit lol.

That aside, even if the suspensions sagged equally, we are only talking an extra 1 inch or so of potential height up front, and half an inch in the rear. (half the difference in diameter of the wheel with variation allowed for O.D. of the tire) and you can somewhat see this in the stated seat heights, with the TBR7 only being stated as a bit more than an inch lower.

I would be curious of the difference in height between the two at the pegs to the ground, and ignoring the rear brake being so stupidly low on the Hawk.

I also don't ever recall anybody saying the Hawk had more ground clearance because of the wheel sizes. Maybe I missed that conversation. The larger wheels are a bit better when dealing with strictly off road riding, and even then it is a small difference. The availability of tires is really the big advantage.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #7

Does anyone know how to raise the seat height of a 2020 Taotao Tbr 7? The stock seat height I believe is 35. I am 6’5 and weigh 215 pounds so I feel like it will lower over time. I would like to get the seat height to atleast 38-39 if possible. Any tips are appreciated!

Old 04-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #8

Longer rear shock. Like plus 10mm will raises your seat by over an inch. Mega dan has a lot of post on good shocks. You’ll most likely have to ship it in from China.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 04-22-2020, 09:30 AM   #9

Anyone see of this works? Would like knobbies in the tbr7 for my area.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar610 View Post
Does anyone know how to raise the seat height of a 2020 Taotao Tbr 7? The stock seat height I believe is 35. I am 6’5 and weigh 215 pounds so I feel like it will lower over time. I would like to get the seat height to atleast 38-39 if possible. Any tips are appreciated!
I’m with you. 6-41/2. Shrunk a bit in my old age. TBR7could a good 2-3 inches. If you get any ideas or a new shock let me know how it works out. I stand flat footed with knees a bit bent on the TBR.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
So. Did it work?? Looking for options for a rear wheel on my CRP250... If a hawk wheel will fit, that may expand my options.. I think my bike is more similar to the TBR7