Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2020, 11:08 AM   #1

Thick tube coming from air box Apollo

Hey guys so I just came back from a ride and I was doing a post ride check over of my bike and I noticed there is a thick rubber tube leading from the air box and at the end of the tube there is a clear tube connected to it but it is completely clamped and closed off I noticed that there is a clear fluid inside does not quite look like gas and it's not the same color as engine oil anyone have any idea what this closed off tube is for or what's its purpose or should it be empty or full with liquid? Looks like an air box drain tube but why the heck is it filled with liquid...or water gas or oil! I didn't tip over or drop the bike.

Old 04-12-2020, 11:18 AM   #2

Where is the hose connected? If it's on the bottom, is like a catch can for the oil vapors from the crankcase vent. It's oil that you should drain, from time to time.

Old 04-12-2020, 11:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Where is the hose connected? If it's on the bottom, is like a catch can for the oil vapors from the crankcase vent. It's oil that you should drain, from time to time.
Yes its connected at the bottom. Looks like its connected to the bottom of air box from what I can see but I could be wrong. The plastic tube is filled to the brim though. Brand new bike only 29 miles..should it be filled to the top already? I definitely want to drain it

Old 04-12-2020, 11:52 AM   #4

Empty it. You or someone else might have over filled it with oil, that will lead to the tube filling up quickly. If it truly is completely full, there's probably oil at the bottom of the airbox, too.

Old 04-12-2020, 12:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Empty it. You or someone else might have over filled it with oil, that will lead to the tube filling up quickly. If it truly is completely full, there's probably oil at the bottom of the airbox, too.
Okay thanks a lot! Its filled all the way up. When drained the factory oil, I must not have gotten it ALL out then I put the quart of fresh oil in thus making it a bit too much oil in there maybe. Thank you!

Old 04-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #6

Just make sure you check the oil when you change it. My rule of thumb is to fill around 70% of the called for capacity and then work your way up... Don't just add the entire called for volume, you'll over fill. Check it by putting the bike vertical, and dipping the dipstick. Don't tighten it.