Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2020, 07:43 PM   #1

Doh! hello from OK

decided to check this site finally, after hearing about it from several youtube vids.

also recieved my daughters db10 last week. hoping to order my version in the next weeks if im able too still with everything going on. new to the whole china bikes thing. but looks promising.

thanks to those who keep this going the information is great

Old 04-04-2020, 07:49 PM   #2

haha i thought the smily face was waving now it looks like a slapping the forehead oops.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:23 PM   #3

From one okie to another, welcome! Better get you one before the stuff hits the fan. I bought my Tbr7 for riding to work and back (30 mile round trip), since my truck loves gas. Now that it's cheap, I still ride because I know it won't last forever.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:36 PM   #4

yep one of the reasons is absolutely gas. have 22 miles each way about 16-17 (depends on which odometer is right) on old 66 the rest backroads. and a pathfinder that gets 14 ish mpg. so ya a bike will pay for itself. and ya i really hope i'm able to get it before it gets too much worse. anyways thanks for the welcome.

Old 04-05-2020, 12:08 AM   #5

Welcome to the site. What version of bike were you looking to get?
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-05-2020, 03:23 AM   #6

thanks Dan

i am really liking the brozz recon. soft seat and cb engine look like positives if not requirements to me. looking at getting a more 50/50 set of tires for it if not 80/20.
most of my plans are riding the backroads around the house with daughter in tow and here at the farm. have 20 acres half woods half pasture. and after some work hopefully it will be capable of being a commuter also. reason for the recon instead of standard is i love the desert tan. other than that after driving my wife and daughter crazy for some months and what feels like several thousand hours of youtube and other internet the brozz seems to check the most boxes for me. and actually the csc rx4 seems like the perfect bike if i had 5-6k to throw at it. but i didn't want a payment before and absoutly not now! lol
with that said the trb7 and hawk are tied at no.2 at the moment.

Old 04-05-2020, 03:31 AM   #7

oh and if anyone is curious only bike i have owned before was a 1978 gl1000 one of the black and gold goldwings. rode it not near enough for about 3 years and thats been a good 12 years ago now. lol i rode friends dirt bikes and atvs growing up like everyone else who's parents wouldn't let them have one.

Old 04-05-2020, 03:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeokie View Post
thanks Dan

i am really liking the brozz recon. soft seat and cb engine look like positives if not requirements to me. looking at getting a more 50/50 set of tires for it if not 80/20.
most of my plans are riding the backroads around the house with daughter in tow and here at the farm. have 20 acres half woods half pasture. and after some work hopefully it will be capable of being a commuter also. reason for the recon instead of standard is i love the desert tan. other than that after driving my wife and daughter crazy for some months and what feels like several thousand hours of youtube and other internet the brozz seems to check the most boxes for me. and actually the csc rx4 seems like the perfect bike if i had 5-6k to throw at it. but i didn't want a payment before and absoutly not now! lol
with that said the trb7 and hawk are tied at no.2 at the moment.
I think the Brozz Recon will suit you just fine for what you want, and at the worst if you need to you can regear it a little for better highway capability. They are worth the couple hundred more bucks over the Hawk and TBR7 just for the better quality control, plus the RECON is actually the result of Peacesports asking the members here what they would like to see on their bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeokie View Post
oh and if anyone is curious only bike i have owned before was a 1978 gl1000 one of the black and gold goldwings.
There are a few old GL owners on here. I sold my 1975 after owning it a few years and doing a resto-mod to it and picked up my VFR.

I kind of miss it some times. This is my favorite picture of it that my girlfriend took.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-05-2020, 07:10 AM   #9

that is a good looking gl.

and yes i am planning to jet the carb, do air box mod(if not pod), remove cat, and change the rear sprocket to a 40 ish tooth. for starters

Old 04-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #10

Welcome to the site!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer