Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Here is the Nada price for the 2008 xt250 .California would have inflated prices on something like this because there are virtually no Chinese 250’s street legal there ,but I don’t think the op is in California because he was looking at Chinese bikes he can’t ride there .
I'm actually located in the great state of Texas . kbb is listing this bike at 2600 for typical mileage but doesn't specify what typical mileage is. I'll probably try to get it down to $2k and if he doesn't budge then I'll more than likely go with the orion RXB250L.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongu413 View Post
I'm actually located in the great state of Texas . kbb is listing this bike at 2600 for typical mileage but doesn't specify what typical mileage is. I'll probably try to get it down to $2k and if he doesn't budge then I'll more than likely go with the orion RXB250L.

Welp just contacted the seller and apparently its sold so looks like that made my decision a lot easier.

Thanks everyone for their input and advice!

Old 04-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #18

Clean XT250s (or any type of DS) don't sit around too long when they're priced right for the market.

Old 04-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #19

Heck, you still have a few weeks before the RXB250 is back in stock so keep your eyes peeled. You never know if another XT will pop up for sale at this time of the year. People are always looking to trade in or swap bikes at the start of the season.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Heck, you still have a few weeks before the RXB250 is back in stock so keep your eyes peeled. You never know if another XT will pop up for sale at this time of the year. People are always looking to trade in or swap bikes at the start of the season.
So it seems like a used but well maintained XT would be a better buy than a new Orion - good to know I'll keep my eyes peeled.

2018 Ninja 400 ABS - sold
2015 Yamaha Bolt - sold

Old 04-03-2020, 11:06 PM   #21

"Better buy" is relative. All depends on what you're looking for -- ultra reliable with no "tweaking" necessary? Buy a well taken care of Japanese bike. Cheaper, newer, but needs "tweaking" -- Chinese bike. I have both. I like being able to jump on my Yamaha and just go. I'd take it cross-country tomorrow. Wouldn't make that trip on my Hawk, just yet. On the other hand, I'm not stressed in the least about damaging my Hawk, or riding it in crazy places or conditions -- parts are super cheap and it's super easy to work on and repair. Just depends on what your priorities are right now.

Old 04-04-2020, 02:08 AM   #22

What bmw111 said is pretty spot on. No matter who makes these Chinese bikes there is always some small niggles that need attention before you can consider them 100% reliable. Once you put in the time and work and sort out the little bugs they can be extrememly reliable though.

That isn't to say that a used XT250 won't be without potential problems either. It is just the chance for it to have those little problems are much fewer and farther between.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-04-2020, 10:10 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
I'd look it over. If you can get him down to $2k, and it seems well maintained, I'd buy it. The owner obviously rides it more than most Americans, and while 1k miles/year isn't a lot, if it runs now, there's a certain amount of care that can probably be assumed to have taken place.

I'd agree with that.. If you are at his house looking at it, its pretty easy to tell whether its had a modicum of care, beat, or had decent maintenance. Well kept home and vehicles or just the opposite ? Bike's probably the same or better. Aggressive 90/10 knobbys or more street oriented tires ? Easily as important, is this guy an excellent rider, novice, or in between ? Hey, you can buy a new one and get a lemon.. or a peach. XT 250's are supposedly bulletproof so to speak. At least that's the rumor. I bought a new one, 200 miles at present so I can't give you a definitive opinion one way or the other. I can say the vibration is a lot less than I expected at highway speeds. It's an excellent trail bike if you don't over ride it.