Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2020, 06:32 PM   #1

Grin Pulled the trigger on a new..

2019 XT 250.. I had been waiting for the Brozz in Tan/White for weeks and weeks. It's on the way I was told. Well, a trip to the Yamaha dealer and actually parking my butt on one convinced me to inquire further. Both feet on the ground.. I found one in Wisconsin with 42 miles, they used as a pit bike for a race, still new, full warranty for a thousand less than I could buy it in Pa, and that included $ 400 to ship it to me. It was twice the price of the Brozz but it fit perfectly and that turned out to be the deciding factor. The 21 inch front also factored in my decision as well as the ground clearance. I think Motorcheese got hung up a few times with a lower ground clearance bike.

Soo.. had the Brozz come in the first week of March, I'd be riding that one today but... I'm riding the XT 250, not perfect but not bad either. Hill climbing's a bit tricky due to the wide ratio trans. A definite bog when shifting in second up a medium size hill. I think a 13 or minimum 14 tooth front ought to help a bit. Nice and quiet, not much vibration but its only been on a couple pipelines, no street riding at all yet. Hope to see a few of you in Ne Pa. near Blue Mountain ski resort..

Old 03-12-2020, 07:24 PM   #2

You got it for a great price,...and certainly Yamaha is one of the best (I'm a long-time Yamaha fan for sure, since 1969) enjoy..!
2019 Brozz 250

Old 03-13-2020, 11:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleway4 View Post
You got it for a great price,...and certainly Yamaha is one of the best (I'm a long-time Yamaha fan for sure, since 1969) enjoy..!
Owned a lot of bikes, this one is the tamest of the bunch... but, it seems like a lot of fun to ride and thru the woods there's more than enough power to weave your way through the tight stuff. I've already ordered a tooth less on the front sprocket which I'm hoping will help on those areas where you are in between gears. The plus is riding it to wherever I'm going to.. and sometimes I don't know where that is until I get there.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #4

Sounds like you made the right decision. Where are the pics?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-13-2020, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Sounds like you made the right decision. Where are the pics?
Should I include the raspberries on my left leg ?

Old 03-13-2020, 09:03 PM   #6

Congrats. I just took delivery today of a new Hawk 250 -- to complement my 2013 XT250 that I really, really like. Needed two similar bikes to ride with my son when he visits. I'll be curious how the Hawk 250 compares, having my XT250 for a bit.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111 View Post
Congrats. I just took delivery today of a new Hawk 250 -- to complement my 2013 XT250 that I really, really like. Needed two similar bikes to ride with my son when he visits. I'll be curious how the Hawk 250 compares, having my XT250 for a bit.
So am I.. I would expect them to be similar. As I explained earlier, the seat height, and CB engine were a big plus for me. If it was 30 years ago I'd wouldn't mind getting a crate in the garage and putting one together like I did my 1975 CZ 400 Motocross bike. Basically the same assembly you guys are doing now a days. Couple hrs back then, no lights, turn signals etc to mess with. I'd definitely be interested how close they are.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:12 AM   #8

My dad rode a Yamamaha dual sport for years. Essentially indestructable.

Old 03-14-2020, 01:22 PM   #9

Many moons ago a younger friend of mine had a 250 Yamaha that he made into a dedicated dirt bike. He did some amazing things on it including keeping up with one of the better local Moto Cross riders of the day. We did some hard riding back then and he was always in the thick of it wide open. And it was still running when he got rid of it. Of course I could say the same things about the Kawasaki's, Cz's and Ossa's of the day. Most problems were chains coming off, broken levers and flat tires.. 2 strokes are a master of simplicity.. and pure adrenaline when you nail it.