Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2020, 07:58 PM   #1

2020 TaoTao Hellcat 125cc Leaking Oil after carb change

Hello everyone I changed the carburator on my Hellcat and had to do the air box delete because the K&N filter did not fit right. The filter I had does not have the exhaust nipple so I just pinched it off so I could test the new carb.

The carb gave me alot more power enough so thatbit snapped the upper engine mount bolt (already changed lower) I had one ready so i replaced it, but when i did i noticed it was leaking fluid. At first i thought it was gas because of the new carb, but it was oil. I checked the headbolts and they all seem tight. The engine does seem to jump alittle more now.

Any suggestions as to what it could be? It wouldn't just be from me pinching of the line that goes to the back of the filter from the crank case could it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-09-2020, 10:22 PM   #2

The line from the crankase is a vent line ,if you blocked it off it will cause an oil leak .

Last edited by Bruces; 03-09-2020 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Spelling

Old 03-10-2020, 01:03 AM   #3

Thanks thats what i thought from research hopefully i didnt blow a gasket

Old 03-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #4

Oh shit. So the 2020's are out? Where'd you get it from? I think from your thumbnail it looks like it still has the gen 1 plastics.

Old 03-11-2020, 05:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
Oh shit. So the 2020's are out? Where'd you get it from? I think from your thumbnail it looks like it still has the gen 1 plastics.
I got it from a place called wildhogs scooters in central Florida. The title says 2020 but yeah looks like not much changed I can say it has MPH from factory but the color doesnt change on speedo as i seen in some vids

Old 03-11-2020, 06:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViShOuS View Post
I got it from a place called wildhogs scooters in central Florida. The title says 2020 but yeah looks like not much changed I can say it has MPH from factory but the color doesnt change on speedo as i seen in some vids
The speedo / cluster has been problematic since mid 2017. I replaced mine and the colors change and allow for calibration. Check your VIN online. Family go karts sold me a 2018 instead of a 2019 they claimed on the MSO. I ended up getting it for free after documenting everything.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:03 PM   #7

Oops

Quote:
The speedo / cluster has been problematic since mid 2017. I replaced mine and the colors change and allow for calibration. Check your VIN online. Family go karts sold me a 2018 instead of a 2019 they claimed on the MSO. I ended up getting it for free after documenting everything.
Yeah my crankshaft seal went bad and leaked oil into where the stator is and now my battery isnt charging.... Now im looking for that aftermarket exhaust elbow and a stator but cant seem to find the correct 6 pin one anywhere online

Old 03-11-2020, 07:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViShOuS View Post
Yeah my crankshaft seal went bad and leaked oil into where the stator is and now my battery isnt charging.... Now im looking for that aftermarket exhaust elbow and a stator but cant seem to find the correct 6 pin one anywhere online
If the crankshaft seal went bad replacing the stator isn't going to fix that.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:19 AM   #9

Quote:
If the crankshaft seal went bad replacing the stator isn't going to fix that.
Yes I know i fixed the leak by adding an o ring, but the stator was not charging my battery, but after closer view I seen one of the wires slipped out of the connector. Just looking for that elbow now... Throw them bows!?!