Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2020, 03:03 PM   #1

Hello everyone from the Athens GA. area

Hello everyone! I just turned 40 on the 11th and I guess that midlife crisis thing is kicking in. I've been wanting to get back on a bike or quad for a while now and after some searching I've realized that people just want way to much for used bikes from one of the big four, so I was about to just give up. That's when I found out that the Chinese bikes had come way up in the world in the past 10-20 years. I started looking around at what's out there and I'm leaning towards a Hawk or Brozz 250 recon from Peace Industries. The question I have is, are those a good choice for someone who is 5 foot 6, and 132 pounds? If not, what would be a good dual sport for me?

Old 02-15-2020, 05:18 PM   #2

Look up MotoCheez on youtube. He builds/reviews the Hawk, Brozz, and Apollo duo. Cool dude to watch. Lots of experiences with bikes and just gives some good general info.

Side note: I'm waiting on the Apollo 250 Dirt Bike version myself (being delivered Monday or Tuesday!). If I went duo, the Brozz being quieter would have been my way to go but I'm only going off roading and wanted the better bike for offroad.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:46 PM   #3

Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneYBadger86 View Post
The question I have is, are those a good choice for someone who is 5 foot 6, and 132 pounds? If not, what would be a good dual sport for me?
Welcome...you have come to the right place!

I am only 5'7" but had experience with dirt bikes and a certain 1990 DR250s which cemented my love of dual-sports. I got used to the feel of the height. I recommend proper footware as well...boots. It helps in being confident holding up a bike.

Edit: I should point out, depending on your intended use, that Lifan's X-Pect 200 dual-sport has a lower seat height vs. most of the others. 32.7" The disclaimer is that it comes with a rear drum brake (deal-breaker for many here on Chinariders) and standard forks (again, more deal-breaker). However, it's 200cc engine is fuel-injected and good for a stock top speed of around 70 mph.

https://www.americanlifan.com/208.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Last edited by culcune; 02-15-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:53 PM   #4

Welcome and happy belated 40th!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-28-2020, 08:07 PM   #5

Thank you guys for responding. I ended up getting the 2018 Brozz 250, to good of a deal to pass up. It is a little bit high for me but it is manageable. Any tips you guys could give me on riding or maintenance would greatly appreciated. Thank you again.