Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2020, 02:57 PM   #1

Orion RXB150XL

Howdy,

I have posted alot on my CSC TT250 that I use as a commuter bike; street only.

However, I got to thinking about a pit bike that I could use on some of the dirt venues that are around Denver or up in the mountains; that would be easy to load into my 1987 Dodge Mini Ram Van (look that one up!).

The motivation is to use dirt riding to improve my street riding abilities. This is what I did 40+ years ago when I first bought a Honda XL100 and did a lot of trail riding and as much "motocross" as the bike, and my skills, would handle. I would like to have the confidence and ability to fling my TT250 around on the road to avoid the 4-wheelers like you can do with a dirt bike.

So, I think this Orion RXB150XL fits the bill. Under $1400, street legal (to get from trail to trail in the mountains), oil cooler, 160 lbs, Mikuni carb. Wow.

https://www.orionpowersports.com/ori...embled-tested/

Peace on Ya,

Goob

Last edited by Goob; 02-16-2020 at 03:06 PM. Reason: add photo

Old 02-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #2

I'll be picking one up once I do my taxes. They are perfect little bikes, I'm looking for the same thing.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:41 PM   #3

Bought it! Same thing...Tax $$

So, I pulled the trigger tonight. My son and I are so psyched about this! I may commute with it in the summer when I don't need heated grips, etc, of my TT250. They have SM wheels too..so could easily do a swap out for dirt and street.

The main reason for purchase, tho, is that we can take it to the dirt tracks near Denver and become well rounded, more experienced, riders for our street riding. To have the mental map to fling around a bike on the dirt should translate to better street skills.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:03 PM   #4

You ordered too quickly. I, or someone else, might have given you the disclaimer of checking that you can register in CO. The reason I bring it up is because I recall a member trying to street plate a Hawk 250. Now, this was a few years back when Hawk's MCOs might not have stated 'motorcycle' as opposed to 'dirt bike'. I do understand that nowadays Hawks' MCOs state 'motorcycle' but do not recall anyone from from CO posting about registering one. I am fairly certain the RXB 125 and 150 (and even the 250 full-size versions) are not EPA/DOT certified unlike your CSC. If CO will allow one to convert a dirt bike to street, then all three Orions do come with full street equipment. Just a disclaimer and not trying to ruin your moment.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-17-2020, 10:16 PM   #5

CO registration

Culcune,

Thanks for the warning.

It will not ruin my world if I can't get street reg. Main purpose is off-road. But, my son has a 1996 Honda XR250R that he got registered and licensed, just by adding turn signals and a license plate light. So, I think I may be OK.

Orion does say that the MCO will be Motorcycle.

I will post if their are any issues.

Goob

Old 02-18-2020, 06:07 AM   #6

I can't wait to see you get yours. I watched a couple video s on YouTube on it. The thing looks sweet I would already be ordering one but working 2 jobs and going to school. I would not have any time to put it together.

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 02-18-2020, 09:46 AM   #7

be prepared to mail the mco back to them to have them fill it out and sign it.
they will also try to convince you to use your invoice in your emails to use as a bill of sale. i would get them to make a new bill of sale if you have to mail back your mco. they will do it, but if your paper work is blank,you can forge the signatures or mail it back to them to have them sign them....
unless you got full access to them to have this done beforehand expect this delay, it will work out but is a delay..... use certified mail so no excuses of you loosing the mco....

Old 02-18-2020, 06:52 PM   #8

Colorado is dual sport paradise. Be sure to head up Rollins Pass once it gets a bit warmer. Also check out switzerland trail, and the area up behind Central city/Black Hawk too. Loads of dedicated trail systems as well.
1991 Voyager XII

Old 02-18-2020, 08:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Culcune,

Thanks for the warning.

It will not ruin my world if I can't get street reg. Main purpose is off-road. But, my son has a 1996 Honda XR250R that he got registered and licensed, just by adding turn signals and a license plate light. So, I think I may be OK.

I will post if their are any issues.

Goob
Thinking back, from what I remember, the guy said you have to go through a 'homemade motorcycle' application and he said it took a year. He didn't do it, but was warning others. If you got your son's bike registered with minimal equipment, it sounds more like CO allows one to convert a dirtbike. I am guessing it wasn't registered as 'homemade' nor took a year?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-18-2020, 09:38 PM   #10

ss27gogetta

RXB150XL is assembled. Free delivery. So no excuse!

Old 02-18-2020, 09:41 PM   #11

AJboughtamoto,

Sounds like you may live in Colorado. Drop me a line if you want to go ride.

Goob

Old 02-19-2020, 03:58 AM   #12

Quote:
AJboughtamoto,

Sounds like you may live in Colorado. Drop me a line if you want to go ride.

Goob
I did for a few years, not anymore sadly.
1991 Voyager XII

Old 02-19-2020, 05:29 AM   #13

Quote:
RXB150XL is assembled. Free delivery. So no excuse!

I know I'm thinking hard on it right now. The power to weight ratio on these things is crazy in stock form. it should accelerate faster than there 250. Add the 190 and you better hold on whitch is what I plan on doing if i get one. I think with all that it would make an awesome super moto. i think I'm going to give orion a call after I get off this afternoon to get some more details. mainly curious about top speed it needs to be able to do 55 with a little throttle left. don't want to be riding it around peegd to the max all the time.
And my brother keeps asking if he can buy my xpect so I would have the room for it decisions decisions.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-19-2020, 08:33 AM   #14

i agree a good easy sustainable 55mph bike is the benchmark to buy or not for me. the rxb125 street legal model will do 50mph easily and have throttle left over. it will go 55 flatland with throttle maxed out and 60mph downhill with throttle maxed out. this is with 17t sprocket mikuni cdi coil spark plug mods. i am sure the 150 would bump up to 55mph not pegged all the way. i am 220lb 6’2” btw and will pop wheelie in 1st and 2nd bc they are extreme lightweight. i think my old rxb125xl would go a bit faster if had of placed a 110 main jet in it but i never did. i left the stock 98main in it and was suffice for me

Old 02-19-2020, 09:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
i agree a good easy sustainable 55mph bike is the benchmark to buy or not for me. the rxb125 street legal model will do 50mph easily and have throttle left over. it will go 55 flatland with throttle maxed out and 60mph downhill with throttle maxed out. this is with 17t sprocket mikuni cdi coil spark plug mods. i am sure the 150 would bump up to 55mph not pegged all the way. i am 220lb 6’2” btw and will pop wheelie in 1st and 2nd bc they are extreme lightweight. i think my old rxb125xl would go a bit faster if had of placed a 110 main jet in it but i never did. i left the stock 98main in it and was suffice for me
That's crazy that it will pop wheelies in 2nd gear and you even put a 17 tooth sprocket on it. I image it was crazier with stock gearing. And it's the 125 I can't imagine what the 150 is like with 4 more hp. How small is the bike im 5-6 so if your 6-2 and fit fine on it. I immagine it should be fine for me. I read it has a 33 inch seat hight so if thats true it can't be all that short or small. I've tride to get an idea on how big this thing is but all the videos I've seen no one is really standing beside it or will state there highth.

2019 Lifan Xpect