Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2019, 09:16 PM   #1

I need to order a new Bike

So I was out riding my TBR7 today enjoying the beautiful weather when my buddy Brian shows up. Literally 1 min later my daughter, son, and their significant others showed up.
My Friend Brian decides he wants to take my TBR7 for a ride, I wasn’t too keen on the idea because he seemed to be wanting to show off. Well, he took off for a ride. So a few minutes later I couldn’t hear him anymore so I hopped in my Mule and went to look in the woods for him.
Long story short he tried to jump it and ran into a lilac tree/bush what ever. So I ran over to him shut off the bike and got it off him.
Well a couple broken ribs and a pint or two of gas later he decided that since my TBR7 is out of commission for a minute, broken shifter, and bent handle bars, so far. That he will purchase me a new one. So Q9 is out of the White TBR7s and they are out of Hawks. No I have to find a new hawk at a Q9 price $1349 they don’t exist. TX would be my first choice but they charge an extra $79 to deliver to Oregon. I think I’m heade to Killer motorsports to buy a black Hawk but they run $50 more than Q9. Poor me. So I guess I will figure it out and order it tomorrow.
Thanx y’all Duckman out

Old 10-13-2019, 09:28 PM   #2

Letting friends ride your chinese bike never ends up well. I had a buddy dump my last Hawk not even 20ft from my driveway.

Why not have him just buy the parts to fix your current bike? A new shifter and handlebars are cheap, and even if some plastic is broken I can't imagine the repair bill to be more than a couple hundred bucks.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #3

This is why I didn't want to borrow Emerikol's bike for the November 9th Wickenburg ride.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-13-2019, 10:55 PM   #4

Yes your correct it wouldn’t cost very much to fix it. Honestly it’s so he can have a new bike. He just wants to justify buying one without having to do all the work. See if he buys me one then he gets a bike with 80 miles on it with the new upgrades. Lol

Old 10-13-2019, 10:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
Yes your correct it wouldn’t cost very much to fix it. Honestly it’s so he can have a new bike. He just wants to justify buying one without having to do all the work. See if he buys me one then he gets a bike with 80 miles on it with the new upgrades. Lol
"Aww, DANG, I broke it. Guess I HAVE to buy it now...."
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-13-2019, 11:16 PM   #6

You know if you think about it. I’ve got what 12-14 hrs into putting the TBR7 together then upgrading all of the little stuff. Heck the break in isn’t even finished. Although I get to keep both bikes at my house only he gets access to one when ever he wants to ride. Maybe I’m getting hornswoggled? Fact is he doesn’t even know what end of a wrench to hold.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:23 AM   #7

Quote:
You know if you think about it. I’ve got what 12-14 hrs into putting the TBR7 together then upgrading all of the little stuff. Heck the break in isn’t even finished. Although I get to keep both bikes at my house only he gets access to one when ever he wants to ride. Maybe I’m getting hornswoggled? Fact is he doesn’t even know what end of a wrench to hold.
Seems he doesn't know which end of the throttle to hold either. It is good that he wants to make things right with you though , most people ,or worse, friends just walk away ( in this case limp away ) and you are left with your new damaged bike.

Why not just get another TBR ? That way you could take off the bars ; shift lever handguards and whatever to repair "his bike " and let him pay for better bars , stronger handguards and aluminum bars etc seeing as it is probably you doing the repairs, seems like it would be a win win situation for both of you.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:02 PM   #8

I was going to order a new TBR7 but they didn’t have one in black. Plus I get to keep the TBR7 at my place, and wanted to have a Hawk also. Plus I’m buying my “wife” a Magician.
Look, it’s not my fault. It all started when I started watching MotoCheez. And he said get a Hawk, he said get a TBR7, he said the Magician isn’t bad get that too.
You should see my gun collection. Lol
Duckman out.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:31 AM   #9

Quote:
I was going to order a new TBR7 but they didn’t have one in black. Plus I get to keep the TBR7 at my place, and wanted to have a Hawk also. Plus I’m buying my “wife” a Magician.
Look, it’s not my fault. It all started when I started watching MotoCheez. And he said get a Hawk, he said get a TBR7, he said the Magician isn’t bad get that too.
You should see my gun collection. Lol
Duckman out.
Hmmmm the china syndrome eh?
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 10-15-2019, 07:36 AM   #10

I just saw this site, but i don't know how shipping would be, color availability, and what not. Definitely give them a call to feel them out. Might be too good to be true. I don't know if this is a "Manny" enterprise.

https://dfwscootersandatvs.com/product/hawk-250cc-2/

Old 10-15-2019, 08:09 AM   #11

I think you'll find as Jay did that you'll enjoy the Hawk more simply because of it's offroad prowess. It will go places and do things with ease that a TBR7 just isn't equipped for. Prior to his TBR getting stolen he was already taking a liking to my Hawk because it's so sure footed in gravel and mud.

Besides knobbies having better traction it just comes down to simple physics. Say you have a log laying in your path that is 6 inches in diameter. A larger/taller wheel is gonna pass over it easier than a smaller wheel. The same applies to pizza as well, always order the extra large..
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 10-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #12

Your absolutely right about the trails. On the pavement the TBR7 has better tires. Those gray tires for the road do not do as well on the dirt. My front wheel is constantly wanting to washout. That being said I picked the TBR7 because I really did not like the rear brake master cylinder hanging down that far to catch on your 6” tree. My thoughts were what good is the bigger wheels and tires if you have crap hanging lower of the bottom of the bike.
Like I said those were my thoughts at the time. Before the front tire on the TBR7 started washing out so easy. The TBR7 is a great bike! For the type of riding I want to do it only needs DOT nobbies simple fix.
That being said why not have both. Better off road handling Hawk better on road performance TBR7.
I’ll still have less money into them than a new Honda or Yamaha
Duckman out

Old 10-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #13

Duck, I put the knobby tires on the BMS250, made a WORLD of difference. megadan once advised me that the standard larger tires, as also above from onelegged, is a way better decision. Once we lowered the shock on the BMS, and cut the seat, the bike is very comfortable to ride. BUT....I didn't measure the seat height after those mods.....I think possibly the bike (Bashan's) (I am not sure about the Brozz) may be a little higher for your mrs, than would be comfortable. The seat height for my mrs, and able to stand flat footed, was a very critical issue. I am going to go back thru my notes, and post some more here. Hang tuff.

ok...go thru threads and posts by jOnny216 pictures of the lowering he did on the hawk.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 10-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #14

The TBR7 IS better on road and it's not just the tires. In Baskt_Case's top speed study the Magician and TBR7 both averaged about 8mph faster than the Hawk consistently. Probably because of the smaller wheels. Jay's TBR would do 68mph BEFORE we put on the performance exhaust.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 10-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #15

Man I just can’t get enough of reading all of this great information! Y’all are so knowledgeable and it is so appreciated.
I love my TBR7 and I know I’m going to Love my Hawk. The truth is I just want to have someone to ride with. So having two bikes will help with that as long as they don’t wreck it!
Anyway thank y’all very much for all your help.
Duckman out