Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #1

Bike was stolen, replacement suggestions???

My poor Dong Feng DF250RTG was stolen over the weekend. These degenerate thieves showed up in the middle of the night, like rats, and shanghaied my bike.

Bummer...

Anyways, I am looking to replace my bike now as soon as insurance business is taken care of.

I am looking for suggestions on possible replacement options. I loved the DF250RTG but am not opposed to trying something different. My only criteria is that the bike needs to be delivered for less than $2500.

I am not very keen on dual sports because of the high seat height and general aesthetic. I am only 5'8 and am more comfortable on shorter bikes.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-15-2019, 07:28 AM   #2

This little number caught my eye a short time ago and I haven't seen anyone on the forum who has one. It looks like the company that sells these also has the df250rtg for about the same price.

https://dfwscootersandatvs.com/product/df250rtd-2/

Old 10-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #3

There's always the CSC SG250.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #4

I've been eyeballing the SG250 for a couple years now, It is for sure in my top 5. Especially since this model year they added a functioning digital gauge cluster, led headlight, inverted forks, and a disk in the rear.

I'm not a fan of the DF250RTD. Its functionally the same as the rtg, however I think the seat is an eye sore and it is not a standard size, would be a project to replace.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #5

crotch rocket perhaps?
hyosung gd250r is awesome quality!
6 speed, fuel injection....
under 2k

Old 10-15-2019, 04:40 PM   #6

I have ridden one at a local dealership that has 2 in stock for $2395 out the door. Only hang up with hyosung is the insurance. These Chinese bikes are significantly cheaper for me to insure than more "mainstream" bikes. Those are awesome though.

Old 10-15-2019, 04:42 PM   #7

I am looking VERY hard at the Pitster Pro Adv 190r, that thing looks like a lot of fun. Someone on the forum said that they will be available in a couple of months.

Old 10-15-2019, 04:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianaman View Post
I have ridden one at a local dealership that has 2 in stock for $2395 out the door. Only hang up with hyosung is the insurance. These Chinese bikes are significantly cheaper for me to insure than more "mainstream" bikes. Those are awesome though.
progressive has me $75 per year, online setup as other(moped lol). enter cc and vin....without loan
also if you get it from ohio dealer, the title arrives alredy in your name, so all you do is transfer to your state and say sales tax already has been paid. they will never know bc ohio doesnt illustrate taxes paid on titles.
Attachment 18896

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Old 10-15-2019, 04:52 PM   #9

The lowest quote I could find on the Hyosung was closer to $90/mo, the premium was half that with my Dong Feng. For me. I just so happen to be an insurance agent as well

Old 10-15-2019, 05:05 PM   #10

Quote:
The lowest quote I could find on the Hyosung was closer to $90/mo, the premium was half that with my Dong Feng. For me. I just so happen to be an insurance agent as well
this may be true if you are getting a loan for purchasing the bikes. full coverage kicks in then. but i always use and refer progressive online setup to everyone....age shouldnt make a difference from $75-$120 range....

Old 10-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #11

I just ran a quote with progressive on the gd250. I have good credit and no tickets or accidents. State minimum Liability and uninsured motorist coverage for 12 mo is $307. With full coverage it is closer to $900. I am planning on financing and keeping full coverage on whatever bike I end up with because it turns out that people steal bikes out of my neighborhood.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #12

Quote:
I just ran a quote with progressive on the gd250. I have good credit and no tickets or accidents. State minimum Liability and uninsured motorist coverage for 12 mo is $307. With full coverage it is closer to $900. I am planning on financing and keeping full coverage on whatever bike I end up with because it turns out that people steal bikes out of my neighborhood.
did you speak to someone or enter stuff online? there is a moped option that get you to where i go without human help....that sucks about stolen bike. i would get full too..good luck i just ordered the Orion RXB 125XL Street Legal MANUAL Pit Bike 1129 delivered only weighs 158 lbs. maybe 190cc drop in a yr or so

Old 10-15-2019, 09:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
i just ordered the Orion RXB 125XL Street Legal MANUAL Pit Bike 1129 delivered only weighs 158 lbs. maybe 190cc drop in a yr or so
That one seems very fun. We are all waiting for a report!!
Thanks for being our Guinea pig! They priced it around the price of the Hellcat and the Vader lineup.

Indianaman, what about the Lifan lineup? Their KPMini 150 hits about 65-70 mph bone stock. American Lifan recently posted about someone hitting 20k miles on their FB page. Their X-Pect dual sport has a 33 inch seat height. They have a KPR200 sport bike and a non-fairing KP200. Those have a sweet engine, but delivered might be above your stated budget. Or wait until Pitster's ADV 190 is available. The owner himself responded to a question about it I asked weeks ago on FB. He stated 2 months, but bikes oftentimes have delays, so I wouldn't count on it. But it is an intriguing bike, and seems like it would be better suited to offroading than the several GLVs (Grom Like Vehicles) out there. That is one I am waiting for, but the X-Pect 200 is the one I plan to get soon.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #14

The xpect and the hawk dlx are about the same price. Both efi. The hawk has inverted forks but lifan puts out better quality bikes right?

Old 10-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #15

Glad to hear insurance kicked in for this! Hate to hear about bikes getting stolen, but this is what insurance is for. For my bike the difference between basic liability and full coverage is about $5 a month which is a no brainer.

For a replacement check out the SSR Snake Eyes XF250. This is a street version of the XF250 dual sport and made by Qingqi/Pioneer, and you can find them for cheap. I have seen them new on cycle trader for under $2k. Hard to find model though, SSR is really pushing the Buccaneer models over this.