Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2019, 03:54 PM   #1

carb sticking on rhino 250

Had this rhino for one month. Started to have problem with engine staying revved up at times while I was riding. Dealer sent me a new carb and it does the same thing. After I rev it up a couple times, it stays revved up, even with the throttle cable unhooked from grip handlebar, and cable has about 1/8" play in it.
Any of you have a similar problem. I think the slides in these carbs are not smothly sliding up and down.
??????

Old 10-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #2

is your gas ethanol-free????

Old 10-12-2019, 01:07 PM   #3

reving

the problem can be the mounting of the carb... sucking in air... bad seal... as you have the throttle unhooked... at the throttle lever or at the carb??? you have to check the throttle plunger... does it operate freely..?? check vacuum hoses.. fuel should not matter... the same problem with a different carb should elimate the carb being the problem.. check it out and see... check youtube videos for this problem... might find something..

Old 10-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #4

Watch the slide using a mirror with air filter removed. Is it closing? Sometimes the cable housing can get hung up where it fits into the carb cap, thumb throttle, or inline adjustor. Can also be wrong cable routing, missing or pinched Oring between carb and intake tube or between cylinder head and intake tube. Is the cable well lubricated?

Old 10-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #5

sticky throttle body

if you know your throttle cable is ok and not the problem... then check the video and check at the end of video.. the last minute or so.. to see the throttle action when the throttle is reved up... carb not on the motor. to show this... this will tell you if it is the carb.... or the cable... I think you have a cable problem... and the poor carb is getting the blame... did you re-use your throttle body or use the new one..???