Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2019, 02:55 PM   #1

Is the Orion RXB 125XL street legal in California?

I found this bike from Orian: https://www.orionpowersports.com/ori...embled-tested/

It looks very fun, and I'd rather buy this than convert my bd125 into a off road version.
I called them and they said that they didn't know if it was street legal here in California or not.

Do any of you have the bike?

Last edited by JoeRivers; 10-03-2019 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Miss spelled a word.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:33 AM   #2

If they don't know, then it is probably not carb certified :/

Old 10-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #3

Joe, you're the fellow that got the tt250 stolen, correct? How did that come out for you?

Also, culcune on this site is a master of the epa, carb....also 2lz mite know.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 10-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #4

Wedooit, I never heard from it again. I still keep an eye out on Craigslist and offerup, but I don't have my hopes up.

I still have my bd-125 that I'm planning on upgrading.

Old 10-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRivers View Post
I found this bike from Orian: https://www.orionpowersports.com/ori...embled-tested/

It looks very fun, and I'd rather buy this than convert my bd125 into a off road version.
I called them and they said that they didn't know if it was street legal here in California or not.

Do any of you have the bike?
I believe it might be a brand new bike, as no one reported buying one, and someone just the other day posted a link to it and a lot of us (myself included) oohing and ahhhing the bike since we had never seen it. Even if it was green stickered by CARB for off-roading (many pitbikes are), California no longer seems to plate dirt bikes, and my guess this bike would be most likely categorized as an 'off-road motorcycle' by the EPA as the ad does not boast 'DOT Legal' or '49 state street legal' like other dual-sports. This will be plated in many states, like the Hawk, but there will be some that will not plate it, in spite of the MCO stating 'Motorcycle'. Either way, for sure, California will be the leader of the 'NO!' pack.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-04-2019, 10:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
... California will be the leader of the 'NO!' pack.

"You know it's sad but true" - Metallica

Old 10-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #7

A person must be very careful falling for the websites that say "CARB Certified".

The best rule of thumb is this: If it's Chinese and not a CSC TT250 or an SSR XF250, that CARB certification they advertise is most likely "dirt only", regardless of the bike looks street legal.

It's just a matter of time until more of these China bike builders jumps on the CARB bandwagon. It's a huge market with tons of money.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-05-2019, 01:21 PM   #8

2LZ, you're spot on. This forum saved me when I was first looking for a China bike. I was drooling over the hawk. As well as models that said CARB approved. Then I realized it was Green sticker CARB. Green sticker meaning it cannot legally be used on highway and is restricted to OHV areas.

Old 10-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
2LZ, you're spot on. This forum saved me when I was first looking for a China bike. I was drooling over the hawk. As well as models that said CARB approved. Then I realized it was Green sticker CARB. Green sticker meaning it cannot legally be used on highway and is restricted to OHV areas.
This is when a good, local vendor can really be of help. I purchased my Xmoto GY200 from Doug at ATV Wholesale Outlet in Sacramento, back when he had his little shop. The Xmoto had every light and mirror required to be street legal but he let me know, in no uncertain terms, that it's only legal for dirt riding (Green sticker) and cannot be registered for the street. Of course, being a CA dealer, he had to do all the DMV work for me, so he made sure it was registered properly.

The one and only drawback to buying from a local dealer is that they have to mark up their inventory to pay for the brick, mortar, service department, and employees.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350