Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #16

culcune dont forget about the q link XP 200, in my opinion its a better bike, as far as enduro or dual sport gos, dont get me wrong i love my xf200, rad road bike, (should be 1800.00 out the door at least untill they get bigger or prove themselves) but Im already thinking about getting rid of my 17s and replacing with suzuki 21 and 18, but im not sure it will work with the front forks, but the xp200 is the same bike, just better, i think it even has a bigger gas tank, but weighs the same 271 pounds,its the bike that has been talked about by(i think) crazy girl who replaced the front and back rims with suzuki, if its possible with the XP and not the XF, GET THE XP, plus the front forks are notGOLD

Old 04-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #17

Okay fellas I have a line on a bike...finally. I pick it up Thursday morning. I can't wait. I am glad I waited. Its a 1998 Suzuki DR350 with 2300 miles on it with new sprockets, chain, and tires. I will let y'all know once I get it.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc2033
Okay fellas I have a line on a bike...finally. I pick it up Thursday morning. I can't wait. I am glad I waited. Its a 1998 Suzuki DR350 with 2300 miles on it with new sprockets, chain, and tires. I will let y'all know once I get it.
That's the bike I am hoping to get, Nice bikes....How much dinero?

Old 04-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Good find, but it will be tall (I used to own an early 90's DR250s)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #20

I own a Viva VX200S......Its a really great bike so far.....Im not a mechanic, my bro is though so I can trust his opinions, I paid about $1000 USD for the bike, in my opinion its worth alot more than I paid for it...there are small parts on the bike, plastics etc...that are cheap, but they can be replaced easily and at low cost for the most part, for instance the headlight could easily be replaced with a universal from Acerbis like a Dimension or UFO......I think China bikes are so inexpensive those of us with more money can be picky....Im pretty poor so my Viva has gotta last..lol..........

Old 04-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #21

The price is $1500 smackers. Pretty good deal, I think. It also has a lowering linkage installed for my short legs.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #22

Don't leave the forum because you got a non-chinese bike. I'm a honda owner. Post in Misc. Get pics up when you can.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #23

Quote:
The price is $1500 smackers. Pretty good deal, I think. It also has a lowering linkage installed for my short legs.
I forgot, Suzukis can be succesfully lowered, w/o affecting the suspension (I wish I knew this at the time, but it did get me used to "tall" bikes)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #24

You are still welcome to post even though it is not a china bike.

Just call it a Qiunggi Dr350.

Allen

Old 04-30-2008, 01:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizn
Im already thinking about getting rid of my 17s and replacing with suzuki 21 and 18
I call dibs! I would love to Motard the Roketa as I drive almost all on-road now. I'll swap out rims if you wanna.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 04-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
There have been various stories from various places, and the bike has failed the owners. Member 'Crazy Carl' has produced a movie of his tour through China, and in the movie, he met up with a couple guys riding Zongshens--both were having reliability issues.
Here's the web site of the guys who made the trip:

http://www.danielmontejo.com/Picture...thestories.htm

31 days over bad roads and the bikes were still trooping along at the end.

Quote:
On another forum, a guy with the handle 'Beemer Boy' who is an American living in Thailand, decided to take a tour of China and blog it in a thread. He bought the same Zongshen, and it, too, had reliability issues. In fact, in the middle of his tour, he ended up dumping the bike...
Beemerboy bought that bike used, with an unknown history. The mechanic he "dumped" it on rode by him on it about a half hour later and waved as Beemerboy waited at the bus station.

tcs

Old 04-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Member 'SamM' bought a '06 Qlink X-Ranger 200 (the old model which, coincidentally, used to be a re-badged Zongshen Sierra 200) for a huge discount off a dealer going out of business, on Ebay. He drove hundreds of miles to pick up the bike, brought it home, was all excited, but discovered the frame was bent. Qlink would never honor the warranty, because essentially his deal was too good to be true (on paper at least), so he is stuck parting the bike out.
SamM can speak for himself, but I just went back and reviewed the posts in the archives. He praised the quality and described the bike as stable and smooth on the highway. It was the frame's tail section that was bent. QLINK actually declined a warranty repair because they said it was crash damage, and suggested he take it up with the seller - oh, but SamM had rolled the "trust me" dice by knowingly buying the last bike from a going-out-of-business ebay seller. This is at least the third bike SamM has parted out.

So, Grasshopper, what did we learn? Some folks read the posts and said they learned Zongshen was junk. Some folks read the posts and said they learned QLINK wouldn't stand behind their warranties. I read the posts and learned that buying the last remaining stock from a distant, going-out-of-business ebay seller was a bad idea.

Best,
tcs

Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs

31 days over bad roads and the bikes were still trooping along at the end.
Yes, but they ended up repairing the bikes, alot, but were lucky to have Zongshen dealers in every town they rode into (being China and all)

Hey, I used to really want one of these. But 'Crazy Carl' has spoken poorly about it (he is not the end-all say-so of Chinese bikes, but does have insight into them), and I do remember one of the members; forgot his handle, but last time he posted he was in VietNam picking up his new bride. He bought a brand new Sierra, and his motor blew with less than 500 miles.

Too many bad experiences reading about (even not counting Sam's) this model, including Montejo's many on-the-road repairs. This guy wanted to commute 40 miles daily, and I really thought it would be advantageous to pay a little extra for the Qlink.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-01-2008, 12:55 AM   #29

SamM bought his bike from a b&m dealer selling their remaining china bikes on ebay, not an ebay dealer.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #30

Red I got the knobbys for my bike, , when i get pics ill post, but i have to say it looks SICK, as for the tires, the super motard xf200 comes with 17inch rims so that it is easier finding replacements, just like the new yamaha 250 supermotard, so i dont think they would fit your bike, thats kinda the only reason i wanted the q link xp200, that one has the 21 and 18 inch rims and is almost the same bike as mine for the same price