Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2019, 01:57 PM   #31

No arm casts, got pics of arm right after it happened, but it’s pretty gruesome. Healing up, got a buddy coming over today to help see how hard it’s gonna be to straighten everything out. Hopefully not bad. Will keep you posted.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #32

Post em up as a reminder for us to take it slow amigo.

Heal up fast brother.. good luck with fixing the bike

You'' ll get your head straight and will be back

Old 09-19-2019, 10:59 PM   #33

Ouch.. good reason to wear an appropriate jacket.

I think we need to start a blood and carnage thread so newbs know what they got coming. And more than just pics, stories too. A buddy of mine t-boned a car on his Herley and went over the handlebars and the car, leaving behind one of the family jewels.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:17 AM   #34

Man thats a tough go Tom, mind if I ask if you had any gear on, like jacket etc.

Hope you werent short sleevin it.

Either way...feel better bud.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:19 AM   #35

My contractor lost his leg when a little old lady pulled a U turn out of the blue and pinned him and his Harley up against a guard rail.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:03 AM   #36

I had no gear on, it had not yet arrived from Amazon. But as luck goes, showed up the next day. Yes, short sleeve shirt, blue jeans, tennis shoes. Stupid yes I know stupid. I have gone over my mind 1000 times of how stupid . Good news is my buddy came over yesterday and look to bike over, the forks/hellebore issue he fixed by hand on the spot, commenting that the center bolt that goes into the handlebars to tighten that down was looser than it should be, because he shouldn’t been able to do it like he did just by hand. So, it’s fix the bike weekend. Take the handlebars off, tighten that bol down, put it back to get it. Looks like about 10 minutes worth of work. I’m ready to get back on it. Just got to find someway to

Old 09-20-2019, 06:48 AM   #37

I got it Tom, even for myself as a newbie, we had a few 90 degree days and I made the decision to leave the jacket at home, opening myself up to a problem.

I have heard stories of the steering stem being a bit loose on some bikes from the factory..assuming that is the bolt you mean.

Feel better bud

Old 09-20-2019, 08:22 AM   #38

Hope you heal quick Tom.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
I got it Tom, even for myself as a newbie, we had a few 90 degree days and I made the decision to leave the jacket at home, opening myself up to a problem.

I have heard stories of the steering stem being a bit loose on some bikes from the factory..assuming that is the bolt you mean.

Feel better bud
all the gear, all the time. I'm in AZ and even in the summer I wear helmet, armored jacket, long pants, gloves and boots. My jacket is a joe rocket and has several layers that are removable, the summer weight is basically a thick mesh with all the armor pads in it, so it breaths pretty good.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 09-20-2019, 10:47 AM   #40

I cringe when I watch the Motocheez vids. No gloves or boots and a t-shirt and shorts, but atleast there's a helmet. Even in the Florida heat I still wore a helmet, jacket, and jeans.

Glad to hear the bike is alright, and you'll be back on it soon enough.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:37 AM   #41

As I listen to these stories, see pictures, I have this sick feeling in my gut. I don't mean to give an opinion on beliefs....but I believe things in life happen for a reason, a destiny so to speak. Maybe a deja vu. As I look back over my life, for example, one of the last bike accidents I had, I met the first girl friend, when I was a teenager. I broad sided a car that she was riding in the passenger seat. I still remember the horrifying look on her face. Did the relationship last, no, but was a stepping stone in life. After the non motorized accident I had a year ago, I have a different outlook on life, and I still don't know why that happened, but maybe I will find out as time goes on.

As these accident stories unfold, maybe they happened for a reason. The people we meet in life I also believe that happens for a reason.

Tom, we hope you get healed, and get back to an enjoyment in life. At least you survived, as many here have, to post and share your experiences!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #42

I notice the pics dissapeared, musta been a little too gruesome.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #43

Well I saw them and the are burned in my mind and as a "green" newbie, it kept me from riding today.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:45 PM   #44

Ehh, it's the nature of the beast. When I was in Marion Joy rehabilitation hospital for 6 months every amputee in there under the age of 35 (and a few that were older) was there because of a motorcycle accident. I don't mean to be morbid or discouraging, but these things are dangerous.

On a lighter note, I did manage to ride the last 29yrs without serious injury, even after veering around a truck and sliding an incredible distance on the pavement. A leather jacket saved me from some serious road rash that time. All about the gear you wear.

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 09-20-2019 at 02:56 PM.