Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #16

Cheap and easy valve tool. Just use a #8 Robertson screw and a yellow Marrette. Select a screw length that will suit your application.

Name:  Valve Tool.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  100.1 KB

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #17

So how much you selling that tool on Ebay?
2022 Lifan KPX250
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #18

Thumbs Up Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom44708 View Post
I’ve got a carburetor, and Jets delivered tomorrow. Helmet came yesterday, jacket, pants and gloves coming tomorrow too. Just gonna have to slow down on the spending for the moment hope it makes it till I can get the valve job done, and the sprocket put on.
Great idea on the gear. congrats!!!!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #19

Holy Robertson screws Batman!

Pure genius

Old 09-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post

So how much you selling that tool on Ebay?
weldandgrind….we welcome your spam(lol), great idea thanks!!!! If you sold 10,000 of them, you could buy another china bike!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-11-2019, 12:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
Holy Robertson screws Batman!

Pure genius
I got laugh here, my mrs has boxes and boxes of Robertson wood screws to repair anything on our homesite! Power tool queen, AND she has her own pink tool box and her own tools, AND keeps it locked!

Old 09-11-2019, 11:50 PM   #22

Well, here’s an update. Passed my test today went out to ride it, dumped it, fucked my arm up really bad and my knee. Yeah. Not the bikes fault, it was all the rider. Clutch lever bent, left hand guard broke. Handlebars bent. Not a good day. So yeah guys. Not gonna make me quit. But the bike is kind of fukd up. I should’ve known better.: Stupid. Trying to be young again

Old 09-12-2019, 01:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Well, here’s an update. Passed my test today went out to ride it, dumped it, fucked my arm up really bad and my knee. Yeah. Not the bikes fault, it was all the rider. Clutch lever bent, left hand guard broke. Handlebars bent. Not a good day. So yeah guys. Not gonna make me quit. But the bike is kind of fukd up. I should’ve known better.: Stupid. Trying to be young again
Ohhhh nooo…..hope you heal quick...onelegged rider a month or so ago had a horrible accident. Many of us here have had some kind of a mishap. Myself....well....took 30 years to get back on a bike. I am not as young as I think I am. The problem is that we as humans always think we are younger and don't want to admit our real age, as we get older. It is hard for me to come to terms that I am in early sixties.
Take care, get healed up, and keep us posted.

Last edited by wedooit; 09-12-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: getting old

Old 09-12-2019, 06:10 AM   #24

Quote:

No biggie and the damage you're describing is fairly common when you lay one of these over. Jerry has a link for levers and you can try to straighten the bars out but the best thing would be to replace them with aftermarket like Pro Taper. If ya wanna save a couple dollars Rocky Mountain ATV has a generic set for $18 that are alot stronger than stock.

As far as the hand guards on the TBR they are just for looks, Jay broke the right one on about his second ride I think. Just pull the other side off and order aftermarket if you think you want them on there. And my accident wasn't nearly as bad as yours, just a bent footpeg and rear brake lever, didn't even break a mirror. (true story)

Old 09-12-2019, 07:06 AM   #25

To confirm my understanding here..

You started the thread and received the bike on Monday and had an accident with the bike 3 days later ?

Really sorry to read this man... this absolutely stinks and more than anything I hope you are ok, the bike can easily be replaced in a few paychecks.

Not sure what your riding history is since you mentioned "trying to be young again"

I can tell you that I am 45 years old and never sat on a motorcycle until April of this year.

Sadly, I guess the old saying is correct - there are indeed 2 types of riders, those that have dumped and those that will.

Heal up and put it behind you brother

Old 09-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #26

A funny bit on valve adjustment..

So yesterday I'm sitting here with cousin Jay and we're watching the movie Swordfish. We get to the part where Hugh Jackman first meets John Travolta and has 30 seconds to hack into the Pentagon's database under "extreme duress". I told Jay we could recreate that scene for his next valve adjustment with the valve cover off and the help of my lady friend and my 357 magnum.

30 seconds Jay.. 20 seconds Jay.. 5 seconds Jay..

Old 09-13-2019, 08:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
I told Jay we could recreate that scene for his next valve adjustment with the valve cover off and the help of my lady friend and my 357 magnum.

30 seconds Jay.. 20 seconds Jay.. 5 seconds Jay..

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-18-2019, 12:51 PM   #28

I’m 51, rode enduro bikes when I was a teen. Haven’t even been near it since I crashed. Mostly cause I know I’m gonna wanna get on, but can’t yet. Ended up at hospital, left arm messed up bad. Not worried about the handgaurds or shift lever nearly as much as the handlebars/fork issue. Yes got the bike and in 3 days, went down. I know these bikes aren’t very expensive, but this is my shot. Can’t squeeze another one out no matter what. Keeping fingers crossed.... silver lining: Rather it happen in second gear than fifth. A tree or pole woulda taken me out .

Old 09-18-2019, 01:00 PM   #29

Damn bro..sorry to hear about that.

Glad you are ok in that you are alive and nothing major, you can walk, type, live life and return to normal.

Heal up, fix 'er up and you'll be back .. .when you are ready of course.

Good luck

Old 09-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #30

Quote:
I’m 51, rode enduro bikes when I was a teen. Haven’t even been near it since I crashed. Mostly cause I know I’m gonna wanna get on, but can’t yet. Ended up at hospital, left arm messed up bad. Not worried about the handgaurds or shift lever nearly as much as the handlebars/fork issue. Yes got the bike and in 3 days, went down. I know these bikes aren’t very expensive, but this is my shot. Can’t squeeze another one out no matter what. Keeping fingers crossed.... silver lining: Rather it happen in second gear than fifth. A tree or pole woulda taken me out .
Darn it Tom, get better and healed up ok...the bike is what I call sheet metal and plastic, nobody died and nobody in a coma. My mrs would say, take a deep breath, breathe in and breathe out.

We welcome pixs of arm casts!