Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2019, 12:53 AM   #16

Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
He dealt with Roketa before Roketa's owner went to prison for falsifying VIN #s!

The EPA issues do happen, and not just to 'shady' companies (but that depends on how much hand they have in the issue). My friend, for example, took on distributing TGBs in 2015. At the time, he was also distributing Sach's Madass 50. One random check of a container from Sachs found that they had changed the carb from factory spec ( and EPA/DOT spec) which resulted in the entire contaner getting shipped back and my friend severing ties for good with them. All to save $4.00/carb. The bad thing for my friend was that he was red-flagged by Customs. In early 2016, Customs pulled a container of TGB scooters shipped from Taiwan. Only TGB had changed the carb slightly, which was ultimately found to be for the better, but that was all it took. My friend did not have TGBs for a year, and he had to change his business model. Again, EPA retesting showed that there were less emissions (why TGB in Taiwan didn't think anything of it...TGB knows what it is doing from an engineering standpoint), and ultimately cleared the bikes back into the US, but it showed me that behind the scenes, there is much shenanigins goig on!
Yeah totally! Crazy shady stuff, CHina has loooong been sending over whatever leftovers they have-- they throw something together after doing runs of approved bikes with odds and ends and it may be a good product but, according to customs & our USA government & EPA/CARB bikes imported need to be an exactly approved design using the exactly approved materials and there can be issues of fines and it getting sent back if not approved--but China knows we want to buy their stuff and we cannot check all of it so if they save a few bucks on millions of units maybe its worth the fines? or maybe someone in China is getting axed for the bad mistakes!!... i randomly read how Lifan not too long ago got fine over $140k for USA engine imports fines...In the case you mentioned above where the carb was changed and the emissions got better--that can actually cause an issue because each bike is issued an EPA/CARB certificate for a specific design using specific materials like specific metals in the catalyst arranged a certain way--and if the materials are different metals or different fiberglass and/or arranged in a different way from what the EPA certificate approves the company to import then they can deny import and fine the company --I think even if the emissions are actually better just because the design/materials used isnt an EPA/CARB sticker approved design...

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 06-24-2019, 01:03 AM   #17

Loncin LC152FMI-2 big bore kit vs Vaders 1p54fmi big bore----I was looking at differences in the YX and Lifan and Loncin engines and I found most YX engines over the years, not all but most 125c are about square at 54mm x 54mm bore x stroke ...BUT the Loncin engine is listed as 52.4mm bore x 57.8mm stroke--and also the loncin is listed at slightly more HP on some sites although those are not always right...anyways Im wondering do those 2 engines take the same BBKits??? if yes then a 57mm piston/cyl on the longer Loncin stroke would net a larger displacement over 148cc!! which the biggest other 125cc I can find using that bigger bore would net 146cc then some others I found would get I think 143 and 141cc..maybe even one of the YX is 138cc if I remember right--its late and IM NOT doing all the math--I might even repost this as a new thread if no one answers here--just an interesting thought--I also wonder if the gears are the same, similar or significantly different on different 125cc ??
--

Im also now wondering if some of the bikes 125cc that we've been talking about here that have higher claimed top speeds use the Loncin engine?--

side note: I used to know a halfway shady very small time local scooter sales man who would sell "50cc" scooters with big bore kits installed but he never told the customers about the bbk, just sold them as "fast, high end" 50ccs--I only found out after befriending the guy's son! he did this to keep the scooters as mopeds so they wouldnt need license plate registrations or titles or insurance in our state because of course once the legally conciouss customer knows they have anything bigger than 50cc it becomes more expensive and somewhat less attractive to ride intil its gets a good bit bigger and faster--then all the state licensing becomes worth it to the customer, but a 72cc scooter is hardly worth getting plates for--so the seller lied and gave the customer plausible deniability if ever stopped by LEO, although I doubt that ever happened, AND all the customers who bought from him were blissfully ignorant as to why their scooters, which they thought were 50cc, were sooo quick with a bit of a top speed bump!! HAHHH What a guy!!

AND I wonder all this as I am looking for my next bike, IM going to purchase either later this year or early next, which will either be another VADER(I sold my Vader, sadly, in a moving sale for about $1k), LIL DUC, RETRO maybe an ICE BEAR CHAMPION that I think uses the Loncin? maybe? or the other route IM not sure of until I look is getting a used Japanese bike with better specs but miles and years on the clock vs new for the same $1k to $2k price...what would you buy? what would Jesus buy? I need sleep peace!

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 06-24-2019, 01:41 AM   #18

The Ice Bear uses a 4 speed semi-auto Loncin. However, I recall someone mentioning here, or a DAX replica group, or somewhere (can't keep up with all the sites/groups) someone said their recent purchase of an Ice Bear revealed a Lifan semi-auto engine. Not as a 'new' engine they are using, but possibly as a temporary replacement at the Ice Bear factory for their Champion. However, don't quote me on that!

As far as what's next to buy--I am seriously considering a Lifan X-Pect 200. Yes, it has a rear drum brake, and the forks look to be the size of pre-cooked spaghetti noodles, but Lifan's dual-sports have seemingly always been higher quality than run of the mill Chinabikes, and I am guessing they know what they are doing when it comes to fuel-injection. Therefore, seemingly perfect commuter for me.

That being said, I have had a side job at a pizza place the past few months, in Hollywood riding their 2T 50cc TGB scooter (kind of coincidence why I pursued the job), and I really dig the bike. I have not been on a 2T since the mid-80s when my friend had a Honda Spree 50, but back then, I did not know much about engines, so to me, a 2T was a typical scooter engine. Now that I know and can appreciate the difference, I really like the raw, visceral, back to basics simplicity of a scooter with a 2T. I kind of want a play bike for when I move back to Yuma, and since I know the distributor of TGB, I can get one for less than retail price

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-01-2019, 06:19 PM   #19

The Icebear Fuerza and the Icebear little monster uses a Loncin 125cc engine. Manual 4 speed.

No clue about the Icebear champion though.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:00 AM   #20

Answer to Sir Maxwell’s Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxwell View Post
Hey guys. Recently I have seen the motorcycle in the link below and another similar one with just different fairings and trim. On different sites including this one linked I have seen one or both listed with top speeds of 75 mph? and at least one web site or YT video Claims a 5 speed!!? Y'all know anything about this; Do you know if there is any truth to the top speed or 5 speed transmission claims?
Has anyone seen or ridden or owned one? I sold my Vader, sadly, because Im moving...but I had a good experience, got most of my money back so I already want another similar brand new BOOM brand bike or maybe a used bigger one for similar money

Edit:: I keep looking at different web sites that carry these bikes and some sites claim 55+ mph some claim 65+mph and some claim 75+mph! They do have on at least one some really large 17" rims with the included tire making the front wheel height 23 odd inches and the rear 25ish"--so that might significantly increase the top speed plus it seems to have better front fairings than the Vader which has the same engine I do believe--IF the bike can still pull enough revs like maybe if Belmonte or Venom upgrades the carb/intake maybe emissions also then maybe it can pull high revs and if you add bigger front/smaller rear sprockets then shoot maybe I could totally see it breaking 65MPH IF ...IF it can still pull high revs. I personally like the Vader or Retro style more but if the speed claims have any truth and if these are significantly faster, then I MIGHT consider trying one for a year or part of a year before selling and trying a different brand new bike. Again!

Also I know I have seen at least 1 YT video saying it has a 5 speed tranny but I'm thinking that was just a bs mistake

75+mph
https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/21853

https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/21852

Same bike Claims 55+mph!?
https://www.atvconnectionusa.com/col...-big-17-wheels

Or does it go 65+mph like this site says???!!!
https://www.belmontebikes.com/produc...4-speed-manual
Hi
Boom is the child company of Parent “Baodiao”. For whatever reason, the owner of BOOM Industries, Ltd. did not want to label the product. So they called it a Boom Ninja. “Boom Ninja” (bd125-1) & “Boom Vader” (bd125-15). Both bikes have the same engine. It’s a chinese pit bike dirt bike engine. YX125cc (actual cc is 127 w 2valve aluminum head) with electric start. 11hp (crank) 9.8 hp (rear wheel). Both bikes have been rebranded by other companies in their attempts to sell the bikes in large quantities. But please take note that the Boom Ninja is motorcycle; slightly larger than 2011-2013 Honda CBR250r. (I know because I have one and I put it side by side with a 2012 Honda CBR250r. All of those body panels fit this bike coincidentally)!!!!! Whereas, the Boom Vader is between a mini bike and a full sized motorcycle. Big Difference!!!!! Venommotorsportscanada.com has been the most creative with color combinations for the bikes. However, Boom located in California, USA sells all of the bikes in their original forms for the lowest prices, brand new; www.motorbikeoutlet.com

Differences Btwn:
Grom Clone (BD125-15) ~180 lbs. w/ fluids

Boom (Ninja Clone BD125-11) ~235 lbs.

Boom (Ninja) Falcon (BD125-11GT) ~285 lbs.
Three different bikes. The first two share the same YX125cc e-start aluminum head engine. The last one is a cast iron Lifan. (Very heavy bike —tops out at 58 mph). While the (2018 & Newer) first two bikes have the same engine, they are built differently. The size differences affect the gearing between the 2 a little differently. The Ninja Clones are highway bikes and the Grom Clones are city bikes---
The bigger tires of the Ninjas yield about 5 mph more on the top end. (2018 &Newer Ninja Clone, 70 mph/ Grom Clone, 65 mph)

Many people buy the smaller of the bikes (more popular) but be warned that if you hit a pothole at 65 mph with 12" rims / 15" or so wheels, it may be enough force to throw you from the bike or at least cause you to lose control. But around the city, you probably will ride between 25-35 mph continuously. This is why I said these are 'CITY BIKES'. Also consider the initialization PERIOD--- 2016 - 2018 Ninja Clones do not go past 35 mph until you pass 100 miles on the bike

2017 & Prior +Falcon (BD125-11GT):
lifan, 1 valve, cast iron head engine
top speed of 58 mph at 9500 rpm also
cast iron engine stays hot for very long time after stopping from hwy speeds
(Needs 20 mins. to cool after each 1 hr driving)
I speak from experience; I have owned the Ninja & the Falcon. Different companies have re-branded their bikes & may have added special effects to their own inventory of bikes!!!! Because of the cam and the one valve heard the falcon can top out at only 58 mph !!! However because of a modified airbox on the 2018 and newer models +2 valve head with a better cam the boom Vader and boom ninja can attain speeds of up to 65 to 70 mph After proper initialization !!! 75 mph as venom states is a stretch but I have not been able to do it. It may be that venom has an unrestricted CDI box. CDI box controls the timing of the engine & can ultimately affect your top end. But a cheap and dirty way to increase your top end is to put at 44 tooth rear sprocket and a 14 front sprocket. Those two teeth should gain you 6 mph extra. But at this point it would be best to fit a oil cooler on the engine to make sure that the temperatures stay within range.

2018 & Up except Falcon (GT)
YX engine is upgrade
70 mph at 9000 rpm's , 2 valve- aluminum header for better breathing, aluminum engine (lightweight &) cool to the touch ~5 minutes after stopping (hwy speeds)—-larger air box
"The newgenerationof125cc engine from the YX factory. With the factory fitted big valveupgrade and aluminium cylinder, about 11hp (crank) & 9.8 hp (rear wheel-loses 10%) from this engine. And, wide ratio gearbox for increased top speed and long term reliability" ---

Old 02-17-2020, 08:01 AM   #21

i have always claimed a typo. unintentionally or intentionally.
75kph is the specs given to these dealers since they are metric made.
75kph is 47mph out of the box on 4spd 125cc. change sprocket(s) carb and exhaust. get 55mph flat and maybe 60 downhill