Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #1

Carbon Fibre Lifan Build, Pics

Well here is the next project I am working on. Motor gets here Tuesday now they tell me :evil:
Another Lifan motor . After starting the last Lifan motor I am very anxsious to get the other one now . They are flat out Badd-ness :twisted:

As you can probably see I went with completely opposite componants on this build, right down to the rear shock that I still need to raise a bit more . Will probably do the same mod as on Micheals bike . The front end on this bike is Massive ! Me Likeeee .

This was a major battle to get the spacers and rear brakes and wheels on this bike, but its right as rain now. I took a full four hours to machine down all the spacers , customize the callipers mounting system and install a new brake master cylinder plate to get this system to work out on this massive bike . If your not a patient person, don't try this at home . I must have taken that rear wheel off fifteen times minimum to get the correct line to frame and brakes to rotor fit correctly. I am sure it was more than fifteen but I like to elaborate

As you can see from the rear end of this beast it is going to be a pure Bad-Mamma-Jamma-Jumper bike . Of course those are Scotts Works grips on the bars .

Can't wait to ride this thing, i have every part I think, unless of course I need to switch over to 428 stuff again :evil:

Cheers, Kelly5150 out, and out to the garage to wrench some more and take my mind of my Cola dog .

Later and out , and I thank you for all who gave thier condolances over my dog and me. This is a tougher than I care to admit day . Testing my sobriety for sure . I can handle humans dieing, but my dog, no, I can;t handle that too well I must say .

Old 04-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #2

Kelly how many bikes you got now? Bad case of MBD.

Allen

Old 04-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #3

Yer doing all the right things Kelly. At least you have no problem keeping busy. Said it before, I'm sure to keep saying it, Nice stable and collection of ponies. Mike

Old 04-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #4

Yo Katoranger

Yo Katoranger,

I am a bit slow at times, this being one of those times, but what is MBD ?

Mean Black Dude, Mom's Boiled Dumplings, what ?

I only have seven bikes man, that aint enough , and I don't honestly think there could ever be enough. Space is what I lack , not bikes . Oh and money .

Like I said before, look at Bruces collection, I have no bikes compaired to him . And he has NICE bikes like my Norton or Harley class bikes on top of it all too, Benneli's , Yamaha RD350 , stuff like that .

Cheers, please explain , I am stupid today , worn out and feable minded .

Kelly out

Old 04-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #5

MBD = multiple bike disease

The Ratketa Blog

Old 04-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #6

Thank you

Thank you, now I know
And yes, I do I suppose .
If I would pick a disease to have, that would be the one I would actually want , seams better than VD ?

Cheers, kelly and seriously, thanks

Old 04-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #7

I always wanted gum disease, until my dentist explained that it's not the desire to continuously chew gum! :? OK, bad joke! But can't wait, for yet another, report!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #8

Hee hee Culcune

Hee hee Culcune, you are the prankster arent you .
Yeh, but what do you think of the builds ? Honest .

Cheers, Kelly out

Old 04-30-2008, 05:19 PM   #9

Wow, this one definitely looks like it will sit pretty tall. Can't wait to see the
finished product. Keep up the good work.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #10

ImEazy

That it is ImEazy, very tall bike , my tallest pit-bike now . It rubs elbows with my DB200 Shinray . Ought to be fun as heck too. I just put the motor in today, fired it up, third kick this time unfortunately. UPS in their grand wisdom obviously tipped my motor upside down or sideways and the whole head was full of oil , even the intake into the carb , what a mess . The suppliers sent it with HUGE stickers on the box, " keep this side up " . UPS pisses me off sometimes :evil: . Easy fix, just drained the oil out of every orifice and pulled the plug , cleaned it up , gapped it, cleaned my new 25mm Japenese carb out good too , wired it all up with magic and kicked it over . She runs like a Raped Ape too just like the Micheal bike Lifan motor. Once again I am searching for a rear sprocket, I went with totally different rims this time too, so have to order something for the rear now that is 428 that fits my hubb .
No biggy .
I will admit it did smoke all that oil out for about five minutes Not surprised .
I am sold on those little race motors from Lifan though, nice strong motors. First time running, after it stopped smoking that oil out, it ran like a champ, no sputter, no stall, just sat there idleing its little heart out . I am sold on Japanese Carbs . Not that the China ones are that bad, but they really don't compaire .
I am going to hurt myself, I feel it comming
I will have mostly finished Pictures of it this weekend .
I put everything on it now, it looks realy beasty now, tall and slender , me likeeee alot . I like the Rake job they did for this frames neck , it puts it out there where it should be so I can actually make the rear-end where it needs to be and the bike perfectly level too. That means good Carb performance, and good handling. A big plus there .

Thanks for the compliment by the way , I appreciate that , it has been allot of hard work .

Cheers, Kelly5150 out

Old 05-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #11

With all the fly'n machines you will be hard pressed to wear one out...Too many choices...(I feel really sorry for you).

Nice job...looks promising...is that a 14" front rim"
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 05-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #12

Warrior91

Warrior91 ,
Yup, 14" front .
Your right, none look too worn out that's for sure . It is very nice to just pick the bike of the day and ride whatever you feel like riding CC-wise at the time too . Hmmmm, maybe the DB for an hour, then the SUNL , kinda nice that way . Believe me I want more , trust me on that . God forbid I ever get into ATV's too . 8O

Cheers, kelly out

Old 05-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #13

I've been meaning to post lately, the bikes are looking sweet kelly.

Have fun out there man! Sorry to hear about your dog, i'm a dog person myself.

later y'all

Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #14

ChiGongJitsu

ChiGongJitsu , I was kinda missing you man, where you been ?????
Thanks for the compliment and the empathy too . Cool , glad you like the bikes .
I have some pics tonight I hope of the Carbon Fibre Bike and the Mods to the Micheal Jackson bike to too the chain roller I set up for it too . It worked out great, rode the snott out of it today . She is fast !!! No, not a YZ80 , but she rocks anyway nonetheless . It powers some nice low end wheelies out of each gear though . Those Dunlops are AWSOME !!!

Cheerios, kelly5150 out

Old 05-05-2008, 07:54 PM   #15

life's been hectic lately for me lol.

yeah i definitely can't wait to get out and pop some wheelies, the last time i wheelied was on accident when i was learning how to go in first gear

it's hard to find riding spots in ohio, i'm about a hundred miles away from public riding areas. I do have a few local spots, two tracks that cost like 10 bucks to go ride, and then i can ride at my uncles house for free, so i'll probably just take the cheap/easy road and ride at my uncles place.

I've been in the process of getting a van/ seeing if i can sell my car or how much i can get to trade it in. Soon i can finally quit bugging my mom about using her van and just have one of my own. 8)

I can't wait to get out and ride alot this year, i don't know what's holding me back, the weather is great now lol, i just gotta go do it!