Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2019, 11:09 PM   #16

I have the db36 and I haven't had any issues out of it out of the box but I did change the carb because everyone recommended it highly and I changed the tach besides that I have had any issues yet I have 600 miles on it and hopefully more to come

Old 06-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #17

Could anyone who owns this bike post pictures of the DOT and/or Emissions plate? Also, could you confirm the 8th digit of the Vin? Just trying to see if this bike is compliant in California for Dual sport, and what Sticker it qualifies for.

Douglass

Old 06-11-2019, 05:05 PM   #18

From everything I've read, the Apollo DB36 "Delux" is red sticker for dirt only in CA.
I hope that changes. I like what I've seen from Apollo in the past.

I'm curious to see the emission plate, as well.

EDIT: Hmmm... That's odd. Now PSM is showing it as not legal for sale in CA.

https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/21841

SPS is showing it as red sticker.

https://www.superiorpowersports.com/...SABEgK8mfD_BwE

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #19

On Orion's web site it is listed as DOT/CARB green sticker approved. Hopefully someone will post up pictures to confirm.

https://www.orionpowersports.com/apo...embled-tested/

Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #20

I see where it says dot and carb approved but I didn't see where it indicated the type of carb approval. Is simply being carb approved all encompassing? Would sure make a lot of California riders happy

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-12-2019, 10:09 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
I see where it says dot and carb approved but I didn't see where it indicated the type of carb approval. Is simply being carb approved all encompassing? Would sure make a lot of California riders happy
Unfortunately, no. A bike is certified either plateable for the street, green sticker for the dirt (ride all year) or red sticker (closed courses and limited riding time on public lands.)

If the orion site says green stickered, that's what I'd trust the most. As we all know, the mega-sites lack a certain attention to spec detail.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 06-12-2019, 10:34 AM   #22

Quote:
Any chance you could post pictures of the emission/DOT plates?

Could you tell me what the 8th digit of the vin is?

Quote:
If the orion site says green stickered, that's what I'd trust the most. As we all know, the mega-sites lack a certain attention to spec detail.
When I have talked to Jason in the past he seems to be pretty knowledgeable about the green sticker issues for California. If the emissions label states carb compliant, and the 8th digit of the vin is not a "C" or a "3", then the bike should have no issues with a green sticker. I am curious about the DOT label, and how it lists the approval/certification.

Here is the form that DMV uses when the verify the bike.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/co...=AJPERES&CVID=

Old 06-12-2019, 12:08 PM   #23

I had to play that game with Q! My dealer didn't enter the proper year on the paperwork. The pink showed up as an 06, as opposed to an 09. I had to use that form and fortunately, I ran across a game warden. He signed it off.

People criticize CA for a lot of things but at least we don't have to go through state inspections!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 06-12-2019, 10:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Unfortunately, no. A bike is certified either plateable for the street, green sticker for the dirt (ride all year) or red sticker (closed courses and limited riding time on public lands.)

Can I get a sticker to ride it on Tuesdays, after a rain and 2 days before a full moon....or is that asking too much? I'm obviously not a Californian so excuse my ignorance but this seems a bit bizarre...... And I don't think the websites are misleading potential buyers. I think they are liars. God only knows how many bikes are sold to unsuspecting Californians who were not fortunate enough to find China Riders.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-12-2019, 10:29 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I am not saying that his clutch didn't potentially have an issue, but my heavy butt, on a heavy hawk, with a decent amount more power than stock, with fairly tall gearing that requires me to slip the clutch a decent amount to take off in first gear, has a ton of life left. My Last Hawk, with more or less the same stuff, minus the ported head, went 4k miles before it was stolen, clutch was still fine.

It takes abuse to kill a wet clutch that quickly. If I had to guess, somebody was trying to wheelie by doing clutch-ups and generally just beating the crap out of it. Maybe not, but generally even these chinese clutches are halfway decent.

I’m The one that posted on Facebook about burning up my clutch and yes it was totally my fault and I’m very happy with the purchase. The bike has been very reliable