Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2019, 04:03 PM   #1

Boom Vader 125 Gen II Stability

I've somewhat recently purchased a new Vader gen 2. I did all the standard mods (vm22 carb, exhaust, sprocket, ect.) I am super happy with the bike so far at 160 miles. No real issues other than sometimes it doesn't wanna come out of first gear if I come to a stop and pass neutral into first. I'll have to turn the bike off then slightly roll it forward until until first gear catches then I'm able to get out. Not sure what that's all about, but my question is that once over 45mph the bike starts to feel super unstable and somewhat wobbly. Is this normal? When I got the bike I went through and tightened every single nut and bolt, replaced the engine bolts with lock washers and lock nuts and am constantly checking the tightness of everything. Maybe this is how these bikes ride? I don't know, but the feeling of being unstable over 45mph is a bit unnerving. Any comments are appreciated. Thank you

Old 05-29-2019, 08:02 PM   #2

First off, your tranny /shifting will smooth out as you put more miles on it., usually by 300 to 500 miles that awkward fishing for neutral / finding First/Second goes away.

As far as you're stability issue there are a few things you can check ,and no in my experience that feeling is not normal ,not at 45-55 anyways. Check your front and rear axle bolts, make sure they are tight. While at the rear ,sight down the tire to the center of your bike ,the chain tension adjusters on these Clones are pretty bad and it is very easy to have the tire "cocked" to one side which will make it "crab " down the road, it isnt noticeable at lo speed but as you go faster, yeah it can get pretty squirrelly . As a last resort i'd pick the front, then rear of the bike up off the ground and push the tire / rim sideways to see if a wheel bearing is gone or going bad ,and then check the swingarm bolts / bushings to make sure they are not loose or gone bad.and finally check the steering stem for play / slop .

Is it like an up and down hop,a sideways thing ,or a shimmy or what? These bikes do NOT come with the tires balanced but usually that doesnt cause enough of an issue at 55 and lower to be noticeable, but i suppose a really whack tire might do it, everyone who does the Zs190 engine swap takes the rim /tire to a shop and has them balanced because yeah at 75MPH it gets real hairy if they arent lol !

I know this is a lot of stuff to check but it really wont take that long ,let us know how it goes and if you find anything out as far as what the issue is .
2020 Orion RXB250L