Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2019, 09:44 AM   #46

UPS Freight uses a 3rd party company regarding claims. Guy came out this morning and took more photos and what not. Noted the damage to the shipping metal frame and damage to the bike. Now waiting for the next step.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:01 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_DJ_Remixer View Post
UPS Freight uses a 3rd party company regarding claims. Guy came out this morning and took more photos and what not. Noted the damage to the shipping metal frame and damage to the bike. Now waiting for the next step.
That sounds like progress. If the evidence is obvious in the pictures, then one would think you'd have a pretty open and shut case here. Everyone wants to save their own hide and money, so I'm sure all three companies involved (the original dealer, UPS, the the 3rd party shipper) will point fingers at each other some more. It'll be frustrating to wait for the result, but let's hope someone ponies up to reimburse you.

If they came out to take pictures, then that's going to be hard to debate whether there was shipping damage...the question is when did it occur and by whom?

Old 05-06-2019, 04:27 PM   #48

So the 3rd party company who came and inspected the shipping crate and bike this morning, sided with me regarding the damages. He noted that the damage to the bike reflects the damage on the metal shipping frame. So now that step is complete. Progress

Old 05-06-2019, 09:05 PM   #49

Great news! I hope its your first step towards acceptable compensation.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-06-2019, 09:28 PM   #50

That is great to hear. Hopefully now you will get some sort of resolution in your favor.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-14-2019, 02:17 PM   #51

So I finally got a hold of Sunny at tx power sports/my scooter and atv. Hes mad at me for filing a claim with UPS. He wanted me to pack the bike back up and send it back to him after how many weeks. The bikes in my name/title already...not cool.

So hes worried that UPS will drop him...sounds like many folks filed claims already. perhaps some damage was done before UPS shipped this bike.

Then he said, oh I see what youre doing, youre gonna get a check and try to double dip. In my head Im like, who thinks like this? I just want the parts to fix the bike. Obviously cant return the frame or swap it out cause of the vin numbers.

I shouldve never accepted the damn bike w the cardboard all messed up like it was dropped (cause it was dropped)....sigh

Old 05-14-2019, 04:56 PM   #52

Quote:
So I finally got a hold of Sunny at tx power sports/my scooter and atv. Hes mad at me for filing a claim with UPS. He wanted me to pack the bike back up and send it back to him after how many weeks. The bikes in my name/title already...not cool.

So hes worried that UPS will drop him...sounds like many folks filed claims already. perhaps some damage was done before UPS shipped this bike.

Then he said, oh I see what youre doing, youre gonna get a check and try to double dip. In my head Im like, who thinks like this? I just want the parts to fix the bike. Obviously cant return the frame or swap it out cause of the vin numbers.

I shouldve never accepted the damn bike w the cardboard all messed up like it was dropped (cause it was dropped)....sigh
That right there is why I refuse to deal with them. They act like everybody that has a problem is a scam artist when realistically they need to look in the mirror. They use social engineering tactics to try and weasel their way out of warranty and repair costs and try to play at stall tactics so the time for warranty coverage runs out. You are far from the first person they have accused of trying to cheat them or steal from them. They are con artists with a business license.

I am personally glad that you filed a claim. I hope they lose every penny of profit they made.

You are correct on one thing though, and it is something I advise to everybody. Do not sign for delivery if there is any damage to the crate or until you have a chance to inspect the bike first. Most delivery guys will even help you to speed up the process. When I got my current Hawk there was a big hole in the cardboard that looked like a Forklift had hit it, and the SAIA driver helped me cut the straps to lift the cardboard off and look the bike over. Thankfully, my bike was unharmed, but it only took an extra 5 minutes.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #53

Manny strikes again. Hold his feet to the fire.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-14-2019, 08:45 PM   #54

[QUOTE=The_DJ_Remixer;309057

Then he said, oh I see what youre doing, youre gonna get a check and try to double dip. In my head Im like, who thinks like this? [/QUOTE]

Degenerate con artists and snake in the grass liars think all people behave and think like they do. I agree with the others. Stick to your guns and hold this guy accountable to the best of your ability

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #55

Just looking at the cardboard isn't enough. My Hawk had scratches on the lower right fork and the bar that secures the tank plastic was bent back almost 2" on the left side. But the cardboard wasn't damaged at all.

I'm also wondering if Sunny and Manny aren't one in the same person. I was considering buying a TBR7 for my cousin a couple months back and "Sunny" has been emailing me (3 times so far) with discounts and special offers on the bike because I'm a valued return customer. The funny thing is I never contacted him, just looked at the bike on the website so it must be the tracking cookies. The last offer was $75 off, if he makes it $100 I may have to take him up on it lol.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:38 PM   #56

Dealing with this guy, Sunny or Manny, is a frustrating experience. I feel for you. But, if the 3rd party shipper sided with you, we are crossing our fingers and hoping you get some refund and that UPS drops Manny. If he’s worried about losing their account, then as the previous poster commented, he must get a lot of claims against him.

And, as stated below, looking over the cardboard isn’t enough. My delivery guy didn’t care about waiting a few minutes to let me open the crate. He even helped a little. Perhaps it’s out of curiosity about what’s in this big box. This second driver that I had was pretty cool. However, for my first bike I picked up the crate at the terminal and man...after dealing with those guys it doesn’t surprise me that things are damaged.

One question that I have is how can anyone prove when the damaged occurred? Was the damage there when it was first shipped from China? Did it occur when in the hands of UPS? Or, was it the 3rd party shipper’s fault. I see a lot of blaming the other guy going on. I’m not sure how it can be proved that the damage occurred when it was with this person.

Either way, you shouldn’t be out all that money with nothing to show for it but a pile of parts. You’re due a refund or exchange.

Things would be easier too if “Manny” was more genuine and honest. But, he just isn’t. And, that complicates things and makes things worse because you end up getting even more mad at the guy.

Last edited by Ski_rush; 05-15-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:15 PM   #57

Grin

Hey all,

Can someone link me to the thread about where I have to grind the front sprocket cover to get it to fit back on after installing x chain and sprockets? I can not get mine back on, no matter what I do.

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2019, 07:41 PM   #58

Quote:
Hey all,

Can someone link me to the thread about where I have to grind the front sprocket cover to get it to fit back on after installing x chain and sprockets? I can not get mine back on, no matter what I do.

Thanks!
there is one spot that it will go back on but you gotta find it! jiggle jiggle
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 05-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #59

It would not go in no matter what I did. I cut a small V in the front center near where the front of the sprocket and chain are the closest, and it went on perfect after that. I read a thread with a picture some weeks back about people who have done it. I just wanted the link to double check and make sure it was the right spot.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:45 PM   #60

Well a little update. UPS fucked me, and dude in Texas fucked me. So fuck both of them. The bikes been running good. Although I blew the main fuse the other day...dunno whats up with that. Hope you all have a good 4th!