Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2019, 08:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
" I dont want to be tightening stuff down all the time."- Not trying to be rude or to offend you ,but if you take your time and locktite or lockwasher everything that needs it in the beginning, this shouldn't be required afterwards other than a very few things .

If tightening critical fasteners /spokes is going to be an issue for you, you may want to rethink purchasing any bike made in China ,even from the better Suppliers.These are not "ride it and throw it down til next time" Hondas and if you go into it expecting that , you are just going to be disappointed.they don't require a lot of "all the time" maintenance but they do require more than a Japanese Bike, that comes with owning one and you need to go into any potential purchase realizing that .
It's not really an issue if most of it can be done in the beginning. I just wanted to know if a CB engine would make the whole bike more reliable in keeping the bolts on, but megadan addressed that. I'm sure that it's wise to treat it as you would any chinese bike anyway.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #17

Sheesh.... I'm really not sure where this paranoia about loose fasteners, bikes rattling apart, and the need to drown a CB in locktite came from.

I've had a bunch of CB's. The one and only time I ever used some blue locktite was on the TT250 rear sprocket bolts. Just go over the bike initially, make sure everything is assembled, adjusted properly, and then check the bikes over once in a while as normal maintenance and you should be fine.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Sheesh.... I'm really not sure where this paranoia about loose fasteners, bikes rattling apart, and the need to drown a CB in locktite came from.

I've had a bunch of CB's. The one and only time I ever used some blue locktite was on the TT250 rear sprocket bolts. Just go over the bike initially, make sure everything is assembled, adjusted properly, and then check the bikes over once in a while as normal maintenance and you should be fine.
The thread locker or lock washers isn't a bad idea. I had 3 engine mount bracket bolts buzz loose on me on my first Hawk, and I double checked they were tight before I started riding it.

As a whole I do agree though. The recommendation is there as just good sense precaution far more than it is some warning, and I would dare to say it has kind of been exaggerated/elevated into something far greater than it really is.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #19

I've never had any CB's, or any chinese bike for that matter. You can't know until you have one