Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2019, 07:18 PM   #1

Greetings from Central Connecticut

My name is Preston and I'm a China Bike Addict---it all started really when my brother and his friend somehow bought and snuck an old dual sport bike into our neighborhood when they were barely old enough to drive cars and I'm pretty sure they never told parents about it because they hid the bike out back! It was a junkie old bike they probably found for a couple hundred in the classifieds of a newspaper ( You know to all you Youngsters the classifieds was That place us oldtimers used to find cheap bikes before Craigslist! hah) That bike may have been a Jap Bike but still I was hooked on bikes.

Fastforward 20 odd years and I am on a budget but still admiring bikes...so....I finally got a bike last year!!...well sort of--it was a bike for my budget-- well used Tao Tao 50cc cobbled together out of 5 different bikes--actually didnt hurt to look at from 10 feet away but up close and working on the plastics was rough. But I had tons of fun, learned to wrench a little and a lot about 4 stroke "theory", that is how 4 stroke engines work and it was great for about 10,000 miles over 5 months until I fell behind on maintainence when it got cold out, valves got out of clearance, needed a rejet for carb and bike wouldnt start so I decided to be too lazy to even get starter fluid and kept dumping straight gas down the intake tiem after time until it coughed and burped sometimes a firey burp to life and got me going--then one day it backfired bad thru the intake and caught the carb on fire!! lmao oh well at least no one got hurt and hopefully I learned to not be soo lazy and not try to beat a limping iron horse to life but fix it properly before riding is a serious thing.

ANyways after the long New England winter I decided to buy my crazy a&& another junky Chinese scooter for too much, $200 for a beat up 150cc with good tires and good engine but bad clutch bad plastics pretty much no lights and working labeled wiring harness...
Then I decided I want something better, wish I hadnt cheaped out although that 150cc is fast from the little test I did and has potential as a back burner project while I wait for KronikRacing.com to deliver my "2018"Gen 1 Red Boom Vader 125cc.You guys know the one--looks just like a Grom, plastic cover under the engine, has the boomerang signals on the side plastics or whatever those v shaped reflector signal looing things are. My plan is to go thru it while I wait for Vermont to send me plates, Loctite everything, make sure it all works, upgrade all fuel lines and check compression and that theintake/exhaust is airtight, get new Mikuni carb is definitley on my list..oh yeah and also new rear/front sprockets for higher top speed and also a different set for low end hill climb/if I decide to learn wheelies hehe. That's my crazy story and Im sticking to it!

Old 04-05-2019, 07:27 PM   #2

Thumbs Up What Upgrades SHould I Do On My New Gen 1 Vader??

I have carb, sprockets, oh yeah HD chain, fuel lines, maybe check n replace bolts n Loctite where needed (everywhere!!)...., new carb...airbox/rear fender delete..., intake and some kind of probably cheap exhaust mod like removing baffle or drilling speedholes in muffler lol I dunno..

BUT ...what else am I missing here? Knobby duel sport tires to go in a little smooth dry dirt or smooth grass? I always liked domething like the Michelin Bopper light-medium knobbies for scooter tires look...

WHat should I add or delete or modify on my Gen 1 Vader??

Honda/Chonda kit to make it look EXACTLY identical to a GROM? (So I can sell it on Craigslist in 2 years as if it was an ACTUAL GROM for twice what I paid to some unsuspecting Yuppie Hipster? "YUP YUP. That's a Grom. Yup, it's trendy, gotta have it. YUP")

Seriously any input is appreciated as to what upgrades, if any I should do please!!
WHat size Mikuni should I get? and what jets should I put in for Connecticut climate like starting to ride in the 55 degree-80 degree weather at 300 feet above sea level?

Thanks y'all are the best!! Why you ask? Because you are China Riders!

Old 04-06-2019, 08:34 AM   #3

Welcome.

When selling anything honesty is always the best policy. I am not the only one here that feels that way, just a heads up. If it was a joke it was in poor taste. Best of luck.

Roy.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:17 PM   #4

Welcome aboard ....enjoy that new bike and be safe.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song