Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #16

Im using dot 5 with out issues. I did flush quite a bit thruogh though. I removed the line at the caliper and let it run through. then quickly put the line on and removed the bleeder. Gravity did the rest. After I did bleed the regular way. You may try a suction on the bleeder. I too tried everything else with no luck. This has been trouble free for 400 miles now.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #17

Trust Hammer

Went back out after posting. Decided to keep hitting the pedal as if I were pulling a handle on a slot machine that had a million $$ in it. Nothing happened until I started lightly taping on the Master Cylinder with a small rubber hammer. Yes...I started to see air bubbles. Took it through the rest of the process without a hitch. Blead the hell out of the thing as suggested. Time to go for a cruise with the new valvoline DOT fluid to see what happens.

Thanks for all your help. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #18

Back to Normal

Took Speedee Blue for a test drive and all is good. Drove for about 45 min without a problem. Replacing the brake fluid with the valvoline DOT 3 & 4 seems to have worked. Thanks for everyones help.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #19

Everything still working well?

Old 04-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohillbilly
Everything still working well?
Yup, everything works well. The rears have not hung up since the DOT4 change. So, draining the fluid and putting in DOT4 has kept it working.

Did my first oil change at 50 miles this weekend. There were no medal flakes or pieces in the oil I drained, but it was a little dirty. Put in some new 15w-40 and will drain again around 100 miles.

I just ordered a 46t sprocket for the rear, the front is currently a 17t. This should work better than the 56t that came stock.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #21

Glad to hear it worked for you too. I am going to do it on the new bike one day this week. Only the front though.Rear is a drum.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #22

I got my cbr rear master mounted better and my rear brake has been fine.

Allen

Old 04-21-2008, 10:13 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
You said you changed the oil and you don't have any flakes are you sure? Mine still has flakes on the 5th oil change. They are very small they just make the oil metalic so you need a trained eye to see. What brand oil ru using?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #24

I had fine particles for a long time too.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #25

Im new at this.

Take the adjuster completely out and you will have not more problems. Same thing happened to me.

How do you do this? I have been having this problem with my back brake for some time and it is really frustrating. I don't know much about bikes and wanted to try and take the adjuster out, but I don't really know what this is.. Please forgive my ignorance. I also don't know how to drain the fluid...i'm really really new..

Old 04-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #26

:!: well i be ,
thats good info i'll have to try that on a quad i'm having fits with , the rubber mallet trick that is , i've bled and bled and i'm blue in the face from bleeding it, even made a pressure bleeder nothing works, so i will go do that
I've got to read more of these threads
DD

Old 04-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterzCustomz
You said you changed the oil and you don't have any flakes are you sure? Mine still has flakes on the 5th oil change. They are very small they just make the oil metalic so you need a trained eye to see. What brand oil ru using?
Maybe there were some flakes, my eyes are not trained. I'm using Mobil oil. Ordered a 46t from RabbitScooters. No response from them yet, but it's only been 2 days. Hopefully, the 46t will work much better than the 56t.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #28

rear braking dragging

Ok, now I'm having this problem. Same symptoms , bike losing power and then realizing that it is the back brake dragging.
I've bleat the whole system and I'm 99.9% sure there is no air in the system. It does not seem to drag anymore, but then again, I suspect I might not have back brakes either. I'm hoping that maybe a bit of brake fluid spilled on the pads and that is why they aren't gripping, but I suspect there might be another problem. I'll only be able to go out tomorrow to see what it is really doing.
I've adjusted the nut under the master cylinder allow the piston to move out as far as possible. I'm sure there is enough travel to allow it to work properly.
'94-'95 Honda CB650
'90-'93 Honda MT5 and MB5

Old 04-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #29

If you got some brake fluid on the pads it will need time to burn off before they will start working again.

My master cylinder failed so I bought one from honda cbr600 and modified the mount on the bike slightly. Seems to be working good now that I have it securely mounted.

Allen