Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2019, 09:58 PM   #1

Just a quick update

Bashan WILL 250
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190326_192826.jpg (97.1 KB, 632 views)

Old 03-26-2019, 11:06 PM   #2

What do you think about this bike? Have you rode a Hawk? I'm trying to find what I want.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:53 AM   #3

These are definitely nice bikes, but were only sold into Puerto Rico. However, the Bashan bikes are considered high-quality; in mainland US, we get a few models, and all are worth a look considering you will be commuting as they come stock geared for cruising at 60-65, and are 49 state EPA/DOT certified for 'on-highway' use. There is the Bashan Brozz 250 sold by Peace Sports out of Georgia. There is a thread here on the dual-sport section started by Jeff, who is the rep for Peace and he will sell you one directly from their warehouse. The other Bashans we have are the Storm 250 and the BSR 250 which is near identical to the Hawk but with street gearing. Those are pretty common to find on online dealers. One bike sold by BMS, but is a Bashan, is the BMS CRP 250. There is one other Bashan which is far more streetable and designed to look like an adventure bike which is also worth a look. It has the name Sportsman 250 or something silly like that (hopefully the decal pulls off, lol), but seems to be a good bike if you are not going off-roading.

There are other brands' bikes such as the Taotao TBR7, or the Apollo 250 dual-sport (there is a dirt-only Apollo which is known for having good performance, decent quality, has a cult following, so the dual-sport should be decent as well).

CSC sells their TT250 which is about as close to a mainstream brand as Chinese bikes get. They only sell directly to customers via directly at their headquarters/warehouse in So. California, or mail the bike with its PDI/assembly done, and the bike comes literally ready to ride off the crate (including a full gas tank). Parts are plentiful for upgrades, repairs, or warranty work. Of course, they are more costly than the discount bikes, and for some members, them doing assembly defeats the purpose of putting the bike together yourself (so you know everything and anything about your bike). But, there really wouldn't be anything to worry about once you got your bike which is why I said they are as close to a mainstream brand.

People will chime in here on the bikes I mentioned and other possible bikes I might have missed.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-27-2019, 10:08 AM   #4

Culcune pretty much covered it, as always.

Being that we live here in CA, IF these other bikes were available here and I was in the market for a new CB, I'd be most interested in either the Apollo Deluxe or one of the new Pitster Pro offerings. The PP's run a little more $$$ but are really top notch units from what I've been reading.
I wish the Qingqi (SSR) folks would get their marketing s--t together. It's a quality unit also.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-27-2019, 03:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Culcune pretty much covered it, as always.

Being that we live here in CA, IF these other bikes were available here and I was in the market for a new CB, I'd be most interested in either the Apollo Deluxe or one of the new Pitster Pro offerings. The PP's run a little more $$$ but are really top notch units from what I've been reading.
I wish the Qingqi (SSR) folks would get their marketing s--t together. It's a quality unit also.
The whole pitster pro lineup pretty much comes with Fast Ace suspension, alloy rims, and other billet hardware as standard. If we could get all of tbat on a Hawk style bike (road oriented with a bigger fuel tank.) I would quite literally trade my Hawk out immediately.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-27-2019, 07:04 PM   #6

The only issue with the Pitster Pro I can see from out of the crate is the seat comfort for commuting 24 miles each way. Not from personal experience as I have seen more Lamborghinis living in L.A. than Pitster Pros (heck, Hawks and Bashans, too--I got to get out more!! LOL). I know if one is creative, one can figure something out; the best person to discuss the Pitster's comfort is member PaiN. According to their site, final gearing is listed as 'TBD' which I interpret as one can spec it when one orders it, but PaiN didn't seem to have that option. I know I would throw streetable sprockets into the deal if I was ordering one for commuting. Oh, and pricing is less than their listed MSRP.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #7

Just wanted to show a different style...I'm going for that supermoto look...little by little....next, would be engine moods

Old 03-28-2019, 12:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty2017 View Post
Just wanted to show a different style...I'm going for that supermoto look...little by little....next, would be engine moods
They come stock with the supermoto look, correct?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150