Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN View Post

btw...Megadan, my wife far from killed me, she actually helped me get the bike in the house
You have yourself a keeper!

Glad I was right about the horn. Like I said in your registration post, the factory horns are total crap.
I have this guy on my current and last Hawk. Good lower tone and decently loud. Survived in the rain without issue. https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-300-2T-D...+horn+low+tone

These are the signals I had on my last Hawk. A bit more than some of the other cheap ones out there, but nice and bright and I never once had an issue with water getting in. RReally darn good quality for the price.
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Tec...2Bsignals&th=1
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-13-2019, 02:18 PM   #77

I went ahead and ordered a set of LED turn signals, a CREE headlight bulb and a set Kenda K760 DOT tires....I should have this lil' baby registered and on the go by the end of the month....just in time for February

Old 01-13-2019, 05:38 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
You have yourself a keeper!

Glad I was right about the horn. Like I said in your registration post, the factory horns are total crap.
I have this guy on my current and last Hawk. Good lower tone and decently loud. Survived in the rain without issue. https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-300-2T-D...+horn+low+tone

These are the signals I had on my last Hawk. A bit more than some of the other cheap ones out there, but nice and bright and I never once had an issue with water getting in. RReally darn good quality for the price.
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Tec...2Bsignals&th=1
That Wolo is what I replaced the stock Victory horn with...lol
But I not going to waste money(even if its only $!2) on another horn since I have a perfectly good one to use.
I found some 15LED "dirt bike" signals in a set of 4 for $15 with good ratings so I jumped on those.

Since I had the bike in I took advantage and did a few things I been wanting to get done. K&N oiled the AF, moved the front brake line so it wasn't touching the hand guard bar, re-glued the left grip, removed a some graphics off the rear fender and the "for racing only" sticker. All the suspension settings were set at lowest\softest\slowest incl. the front pre-load...I took the time to count clicks and set them all at the mid-points. Once I get the new tires on I'll set the sag. I also have to adjust the chain, its way loose.

Last edited by PaiN; 01-13-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:11 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
I went ahead and ordered a set of LED turn signals, a CREE headlight bulb and a set Kenda K760 DOT tires....I should have this lil' baby registered and on the go by the end of the month....just in time for February
You might need an LED flasher unit.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:27 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
You might need an LED flasher unit.
I will soon find out...

Old 01-16-2019, 03:43 PM   #81

Well I successfully changed over to the set of DOT Trailmaster II's...in the living room
1. this bike's tire change is WAY easier than the Victory's 2. I knew that one of the big card board side panels from the Pitster's shipping crate(as the work surface) and the old rear tire(as the work stand) from the Vic would come in handy someday

Old 01-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #82

Hey PaiN, sounds like your wife and mine could be best of friends! :-)

I've changed all my own tires....with the exception of the Vics. I'd buy the tires, then take the rims off and drag them down to a a buddy of mine who owned a little hole in the wall HD shop and give him a 30 pack for both tires. Included balancing!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-17-2019, 01:21 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Hey PaiN, sounds like your wife and mine could be best of friends! :-)

I've changed all my own tires....with the exception of the Vics. I'd buy the tires, then take the rims off and drag them down to a a buddy of mine who owned a little hole in the wall HD shop and give him a 30 pack for both tires. Included balancing!
I've changed a couple sets of tires on the Vic and it was a pain in the butt. I learned some techniques doing the Pitster tires that should make the Vic's easier next time. I'd much rather do it myself, because there are two shops that will do a tire change for me and either I drive 45 mins each way and pay $30 per tire or I can drive 15 mins each way and pay $60 per tire..

Old 01-19-2019, 03:51 PM   #84

The turn signals are installed, they do strobe a bit so I bought an adjustable flasher that will be in Monday, that's an easy install. The bike is pretty much ready for the DMV inspection, wish me luck....
Thought I'd post pics of the difference between the stock and a CREE LED 6000k bulb. I know the light from the LED will be better at night, but mostly I want it to be more visible to others, not to have to worry about burn out and the low power draw.

stock ...yellowy and dull

LED ...stare into the white light

Old 01-26-2019, 06:00 AM   #85

Thought I'd write up a quick update..in case anyone is worried about me or the bike
LOL

My XTR is all set to meet the CT DMV inspection requirements at this point, but its still parked in the living room, seat and tank off. Wednesday afternoons are the only time I have available that match with the DMV schedule, I've had other commitments and the weather has been crap(snow, ice, sub-0 temps) but this weekend I'm free and temps are up a bit. I hope to roll the bike out of the house and get it back together(I'll also do a quick post break-in oil change once its outside). I've got eyes on this Wed the 30th to load it up on my truck and take it for the CT DMV inspection.

Okay one odd thing I wanted to mention. With the LED turn signals in, the flash rate was a little faster than the bulb rate but they were not hyper-flashing. I ordered an adjustable LED flasher anyway and this made the rate go nuts...Either super-slow or hyper-fast, there was no in between. I went back to the stock relay, since the blink rate is okay.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:26 PM   #86

I'm actually thinking that the bike looks GREAT in your living room!! Kind of like a piece of fine art...Doubles as a lamp!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-26-2019, 09:08 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I'm actually thinking that the bike looks GREAT in your living room!! Kind of like a piece of fine art...Doubles as a lamp!!
Now that its not there....the the room feels kind of empty :(

Last edited by PaiN; 01-28-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #88

Oil change day

Next time I report in ....the bike will be registered.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:51 PM   #89

I didn't have my cameras or even my phone to get some mud caked pics of the bike out in its element, sorry I was excited to be riding and went stupid ... Today I got the XTR "for real off-road"...Conditions were pretty bad, a mix of ice, snow, mud and slop...All I have to say is I'm impressed with this bike, it barely flinched at this crap and when it did start to get out of sorts a quick flick of the throttle or tap of the brake got it back on track. I put it to same slicked out steep climbs and with a bit of my weight backwards, the XTR just tractored up in 2nd gear, no drama. Temps were in the 30's the wet and cold started to get to me after 45 mins...but it was a good first taste of what I can expect.
I know ..."pics or it didn't happen" ..I might be going back tomorrow with the guys that clued me into this place. I won't forget my cameras if I do.