Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2019, 12:28 PM   #1

2018 taotao bull 200 update & rear shock suggestions

Just wanted to update that as of now the Bull 200 has held up well. Only problem I had was the lower engine mount broke from the frame after about 1 hour of use. I had a friend weld up a new mount brace, and with now about 16 hrs on the ATV the repair has held just fine. The other issue was the exhaust header nuts came loose, and I had to replaced the gasket. This was also right around an hour or two of use from new.

I was wondering if anyone has replaced the rear shock, and if so what did you use, and how do you like it compared to stock?

I am also curious to how everyone's Bull has held up.

Douglass

Old 01-21-2019, 01:12 PM   #2

I also had the same lower engine mount break but I haven't fixed it yet as well as the gasket on the exhaust blowing out. Must be common issues. I havent upgraded anything yet on mine other than added a winch from harbor freight.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:57 PM   #3

So after going through the ATV front to back this weekend I did not find any bolts that had come loose. I serviced the brake calipers, cleaned and lubed the chain, flushed the brake fluid, and checked the front end. Everything was good except while lubing the chain I found the rear axle was noticeably bent. I'm pretty sure it is a result of the crappy rear shock. I made an order with Partskit.com last night for the rear axle, hub, and sprocket hub. With shipping just under 80.00, and it shipped today. Parts are expected to be here on Thursday (3 days), and I'll report how it goes.

I currently have a 2018 Kawasaki Brute Force 300 and the rear shock is 1/2 in longer than the bull's rear shock. I purchased a used Brute force 300 rear shock on on ebay for 40.00 shipped last night, and I'll do an update once installed. When comparing the two different shocks, the Kawasaki is so much more plush compared to the Bulls rock hard rediculously hard rear shock.

Last edited by Douglass; 01-21-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #4

keep us updated

Old 01-29-2019, 10:57 AM   #5

Alright, so the order went almost perfect with TaoTao. Everthing was packaged very well, and the order came in on Thursday. The axle, and sprocket hub fit perfect, but the wheel hub had the wrong thread pitch for the lug bolts. Besides this, I am still very happy, and will continue to buy from them.

I got the Kawasaki rear shock in last night and installed it. I has the same bolt holes as the Tao's rear shock, but is a little longer. I adjusted the shock so that it was in the most soft position, and the suspension actually works now. The only thing that bothers me a little bit is now the ATV has a raked look, as the rear sits higher. However, once I am on the bike it drops about an inch. On a positive note, the rear suspension feels great, and will easily compress. This should be much nicer on the bike and rear axle.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:16 AM   #6

can you adjust the front? I know on the rhino it has 2 mounting spots for the front shocks.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:17 AM   #7

link? for shock

Old 01-29-2019, 12:33 PM   #8

Quote:
can you adjust the front? I know on the rhino it has 2 mounting spots for the front shocks.
Yes the Tao does have two mounting holes on the lower control arm. Currently the shocks are mounted in the highest position.

Quote:
link? for shock
I bought a used one from Ebay. It's for a 2015 Kawasaki Brute Force 300.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-12-16-...UhR:rk:13:pf:0

I found a company called Bronco that makes ATV shocks that has all the specs for their products. I am waiting to hear back from them to confirm about a question I have. I think I found an exact replacement with a threaded height adjustment, that is the same length as the Bull's stock shock and same bolt holes.

Here's a link to the specs. They also have an application guide.

http://www.broncoatv.com/wp-content/...SPEC-CHART.pdf

Last edited by Douglass; 01-29-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #9

nice, so yours is broken in already

Old 01-29-2019, 06:27 PM   #10

Keep us posted...I would love to find a new replacement shock for the rear. I wouldn't worry about the raked stance too mucj.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:01 PM   #11

Any update on the shock you put on or on finding a brand new one from bronco?

Old 02-23-2019, 02:55 AM   #12

The weather was finally good, and I was able to ride the Bull today. From What I could tell it seemed to ride much better, and smoother than when it was new. It was very noticeable that the rear shock was actually dampening. I went up one notch on the front shocks, and have the rear Kawasaki shock in the softest setting. When I step on the ATV to get on the whole bike drops ( front and rear both compress), and when I sit on the bike it sits level. I drove on all types of terrain, and grades with out any issues. As of right now I am happy with the Kawasaki rear shock.

currently I am using a 2015 Kawasaki Brute force 300 Rear shock.

The stock rear shock looks to measure 13" long from the center of each bolt hole, and the kawasaki is about 13.75" long

The two Bronco shocks I was looking at were Part numbers AU-04205 which is listed as a front shock, and is 13.11" long, and part number AU-04412 listed as a rear shock, and is 12.6" long.

I also installed some LED fog lights, and will have some info up on them hopefully tomorrow.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #13

Alright, I was able to test the LED lights on Saturday night. They worked great! I have them wired directly to the battery using a fused connection with a relay. I made a switch bracket out of an old chain guard, but will make a new one out of aluminum later. I also bought a pair of mounting brackets to mount the lights to the cargo rack. The wire kit was all pre-wired, and just needed to connect wires to the battery, and to the fog lights.

Here is the link for the light/wire kit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nilight-Led...53.m1438.l2649

Here is a link to the mounting brackets:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-L...72.m2749.l2649

Old 03-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #14

Bull Owners - Check your Air Filter

Check the air filter on your bull. I took apart mine last weekend, and I dont think the stock air filter is worth a damn. I had large amounts of dirt get past the air filter into the carb. I cleaned everything up, and installed (2) cut to fit air filter sheets. One in place of the factory filter using the plastic bracket, and one additional in front of the air intake tube, both inside the air box. Luckily I didn't see any dirt on the side of the carb going into the engine. I used the factory foam filter as a template, but cut it a little bigger to make sure it sealed better inside the air box.

Here is what I used:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-UNI-UNI...53.m1438.l2649

Old 03-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #15

Good info...I have not checked mine.