Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2019, 08:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Yes, it is. I am not worried about if you like it or not, it is very valid and relevant point.

"Here, have a transmission with a goofy shift pattern that requires 2 gear shifts to get to neutral from first, or first to neutral."

Nobody pulls up to a stop in second gear. Not many people want to try and take off in second gear with a sub 20hp 300lb motorcycle either. With that shift pattern, both are guaranteed to happen. Stalling at a light, or starting in the wrong gear can create an unsafe condition for a rider. Let alone the annoying inconvenience.

There is a reason manufacturers don't make their transmissions neutral more than 1 shift away from first gear.

Want to know what spurred that comment? Your condescending and nonsensical statement seen below.

A 6spd is for me. Especially considering I have been the most vocal about it to this point, and you yourself contacted me about it. What kind of incredibly stupid comment is that, given the context?

If you don't like honest feedback with genuine concerns, then why even bother asking anybody? Just offer your wares as they are and let people decide for themselves if they want it. Your whole reason for asking was to make sure you didn't invest in this and end up eating a cost. I am suggesting how you can avoid that situation and you suddenly get smarmy and defensive. I am a nice guy, but don't expect me to pull my punches either.
You are welcome to read what I have to say or said, welcome to comment on what you like or not like and why, but leave commenting on behalf of other people to them selves huh - You are not the boss and authority of what people choose to accept or not when it comes to their won bikes.

The 6 speed I mentioned has that shift pattern which you don't like and that is cool hence it is not for you. let others make up their own minds and esquire or not to their own free will.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:53 PM   #17

Ok, when are they available, price, warranty and etc?

If it will make the bikes interstate capable it's a very good thing. My bike only shifts into N on the way down from 2cd 99% of the time so the pattern doesn't bother me.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 01-03-2019, 11:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
You are welcome to read what I have to say or said, welcome to comment on what you like or not like and why, but leave commenting on behalf of other people to them selves huh - You are not the boss and authority of what people choose to accept or not when it comes to their won bikes.

The 6 speed I mentioned has that shift pattern which you don't like and that is cool hence it is not for you. let others make up their own minds and esquire or not to their own free will.
I never claimed to be the "boss and authority" of anybody.
Try to read it again:

"I am not a fan of the 1, 2, N thing though. There is a reason Neutral is either at the very bottom (N, 1, 2, etc) or between first and second. If I need to go into neutral at a light, or coming to a stop, I have to try and make two shifts while at a stop. This often means rolling the bike or slipping the clutch a tiny bit in order to get beyond that second shift. This is also true if I decided to stop in neutral, or find myself in neutral at a very slow speed."

Where did I mention at any point that anybody else would or would not be interested? I think you are reading what you WANT to read, not what is actually written. I only ever mention myself with the use of words like "I," or "myself."

Even in other comments of mine, the closest I came to stating anything even remotely mentioning other people is after your "is that comment necessary" post, with which I stated very generic remark toward the general public:

"Nobody pulls up to a stop in second gear. Not many people want to try and take off in second gear with a sub 20hp 300lb motorcycle either. With that shift pattern, both are guaranteed to happen. Stalling at a light, or starting in the wrong gear can create an unsafe condition for a rider. Let alone the annoying inconvenience."

Both accurate observations of basic motorcycle riding technique.

So crawl out of your paranoid imagination and into reality. You are putting words into my mouth and trying to paint me as some sort of bad guy, when I have done nothing of the sort. Show me where I once told people to not buy this or try it? Show me where I even once hinted at such a thing, and I will take everything I have said back. You can't, because I never did. In fact, it is quite the opposite. I would love to see somebody try it and hear their own opinions on it. I guess that thought process didn't enter your mind for even a second?

It is behavior like this that makes me distrust you as a seller. You want to control the honest opinions of others that may potentially harm your sales. Instead of taking that to heart and trying to improve, you attack others or play the victim. I have watched you do this more than once now, and even specifically to a competitor.

The other reason I distrust you is the spamming of your products in peoples posts when it is not warranted or asked for. I had to have your spam removed from my own info thread. You never asked, nor did I ask you to. The way to have it posted there was clearly stated, yet you ignored it.

In short, spare me your fake victim routine. I don't buy it. If you don't want people's honest opinions, then maybe avoid posting it in a public forum. Just put it for sale on a separate web page for people to buy it. This would avoid you having a conflict with somebody like me.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-04-2019, 02:12 AM   #19

Quote:
Try to read it again:

"I am not a fan of the 1, 2, N thing though. There is a reason Neutral is either at the very bottom (N, 1, 2, etc) or between first and second. If I need to go into neutral at a light, or coming to a stop, I have to try and make two shifts while at a stop. This often means rolling the bike or slipping the clutch a tiny bit in order to get beyond that second shift. This is also true if I decided to stop in neutral, or find myself in neutral at a very slow speed."

Where did I mention at any point that anybody else would or would not be interested? I think you are reading what you WANT to read, not what is actually written. I only ever mention myself with the use of words like "I," or "myself."

Even in other comments of mine, the closest I came to stating anything even remotely mentioning other people is after your "is that comment necessary" post, with which I stated very generic remark toward the general public:

"Nobody pulls up to a stop in second gear. Not many people want to try and take off in second gear with a sub 20hp 300lb motorcycle either. With that shift pattern, both are guaranteed to happen. Stalling at a light, or starting in the wrong gear can create an unsafe condition for a rider. Let alone the annoying inconvenience."

So crawl out of your paranoid imagination and into reality. You are putting words into my mouth and trying to paint me as some sort of bad guy, when I have done nothing of the sort. Show me where I once told people to not buy this or try it? Show me where I even once hinted at such a thing, and I will take everything I have said back. You can't, because I never did. In fact, it is quite the opposite. I would love to see somebody try it and hear their own opinions on it. I guess that thought process didn't enter your mind for even a second?

It is behavior like this that makes me distrust you as a seller. You want to control the honest opinions of others that may potentially harm your sales. Instead of taking that to heart and trying to improve, you attack others or play the victim. I have watched you do this more than once now, and even specifically to a competitor.

The other reason I distrust you is the spamming of your products in peoples posts when it is not warranted or asked for. I had to have your spam removed from my own info thread. You never asked, nor did I ask you to. The way to have it posted there was clearly stated, yet you ignored it.

In short, spare me your fake victim routine. I don't buy it. If you don't want people's honest opinions, then maybe avoid posting it in a public forum. Just put it for sale on a separate web page for people to buy it. This would avoid you having a conflict with somebody like me.
Thanks Megan

Old 01-04-2019, 03:15 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Thanks Megan
Anytime.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #21

Thumbs Down Mega Rude

Quote:
Try to read it again:

I said it before I'll say it again MEGA RUDE!

Old 01-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I said it before I'll say it again MEGA RUDE!
Say it all you want, but there was nothing rude about what I said. I was defending myself from their own false words about me and my actions. Blunt, frank, forthright, direct... Call it what you wish, but to be rude is to be impolite or ill-mannered. I was neither of those things. Simply honest.

You could accuse me of a lack of tactfulness, and I would not disagree at all. However, I refuse to stand by while people accuse me of things I am not doing, speak down at me, or about me. How I chose to stand up for myself, or correct others who have done such things. is my choice. I was only honest about both the facts, and about how I view the person in question.

So, call it rude all you wish, I call it candid. If you want things given to you on soft fluffy pillows, I am not the person to come to.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #23

Hey, Merlin is back!

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:15 PM   #24

Attachment 15301

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:25 PM   #25

8 speed auto shift!
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 01-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #26

not to stir the pot but the comments nz made read sarcastic to me. It is literally what I would say to a friend of mine if this topic came up and went down the way it.