Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #1

CSC SG250 Tall Rider

Hi everyone. I am leaning very heavily towards purchasing CSC’s SG250. I Cannot test the SG250 out before purchasing because i live on the east coast. I am 6 ft tall and weigh 200 pounds. I am wondering if i will still fit on the bike. I don’t want to buy it and it be Honda Grom size when it shows up to me front door. Is there anyone out there close to my size or larger that has ridden one of CSC’s SG250’s before? If so, how did it feel? Did you feel like you were too big for the bike.

Any information or responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Old 12-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #2

Welcome aboard. We have a couple of members that have recently purchased the CSC SG250. I'm sure they will respond as soon as they are online.

Check with member five3. He has put over 9000 miles on his and girlfriend 8000 miles.

Link to post. http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21225
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcb350fb View Post
Hi everyone. I am leaning very heavily towards purchasing CSC’s SG250. I Cannot test the SG250 out before purchasing because i live on the east coast. I am 6 ft tall and weigh 200 pounds. I am wondering if i will still fit on the bike. I don’t want to buy it and it be Honda Grom size when it shows up to me front door. Is there anyone out there close to my size or larger that has ridden one of CSC’s SG250’s before? If so, how did it feel? Did you feel like you were too big for the bike.
Any information or responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
I’m 6’2” tall and weigh 180 lbs. I was very interested in the SG250 when I first saw it. I really like the looks, it being air cooled, the spoked wheels, selling price, etc. but when I finally got a chance to sit on the bike I found it uncomfortable. The seat felt like sitting on a board, my legs were cramped, and the handle bars were too low and too close to my body.
If you are really interested you can probably over come most of these drawbacks by alterations and parts replacements, but it will be difficult to overcome the lack of speed and performance.
Good luck with your choice!
1CW

Old 12-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #4

Welcome!

Keep in mind that no two people of the same height even fit the same bike the same way. Take me for example; I am 6'4 and right around 270lbs. I have a 34" inseam, which means I am almost stand up out of the seat on my Hawk without compressing the suspension. I have a friend who is more or less the same height as me with a 32" inseam and neither of us fit the same bikes in the same way. My VFR fits me perfectly,and with his shorter arms and legs finds everything a bit too "stretched" on my bike. Meanwhile, I find his bike a little on the cramped side.

All of that aside, I have seen CSC post a few pictures and photographs of a 6ft tall person riding the SG250, and from what I could tell it didn't look like it fit him too badly. The SG is definitely bigger than a Grom, but still a smaller bike. I would say 6ft is about the tallest person I could see on one, again depending on how you are built. As far as I can tell, the bike should fit up to a 32" inseam with relative comfort.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124