Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2018, 09:18 PM   #1

Hawk, TT250, Brozz Magician and the like - Digital speedometers

Here are the samples possible options for the speedometers

Number 1 - I call the fancy version - Fuel and gear ind etc.
Name:  Hawk fancy.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  68.2 KB

Number 2 - is actually a Hawk listed item with clock gear ind etc and runs of your existing cable no matter the wheel size as wheel sensor denotes ratio for the wheel.
Name:  Hawk mech.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  68.3 KB

Number 3 - TT250 curren speedometer with fuel gear ind, can use on any version Brazilian/Hawk type bike if you want it with fuel gauge etc
Name:  Hawk TT250 fuel.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  88.9 KB

Number 4 Much like the number 3 but no fuel gauge but changed to volt meter. Suitable for all style Brazilian off road or Hawk type bikes.
Name:  Hawk with volts.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  84.5 KB

Number 5 - Magician, currently no pic with dash on or confirmation on speed sensor.
Name:  Magician.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  80.0 KB

I aim/hope that I can provide all dashes with any wheel option/size and the correct wheel speed sensor.
Wheel speed sensors need to be measured and check to confirm fit with me or no warranty that it works if I do not get info.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:37 PM   #2

No wheel speed sensor needed

Both of these do not require a replacement wheel sensor as they connect to your existing cable/mechanical type and the sensor on your bike is set for the wheel that came on the bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hawk mech.jpg (68.3 KB, 537 views)
File Type: jpg Magician.jpg (80.0 KB, 527 views)

Old 11-20-2018, 02:28 AM   #3

Spoke to the factory today, seems I can special order them to be changeable from 21 to 19 to 17 inch wheel via the dash buttons as well as changeable between miles and KM.

Sample that doesn't change the wheel sizes in tomorrow and I will power them up and test the display functions and appearance etc.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #4

This would be awesome! I'd definitely be getting one for the magician. Would it have a tach or are you unsure of that yet?

Old 11-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #5

very interested in magician model

Old 11-20-2018, 11:11 PM   #6

Ok I don't have the exact bike but I have a CQr dirt bike so I used that for testing the accuracy.

I managed to change from KM to Miles, rigged the dash to my bike found the speed sensor for the Hawk etc isn't th same as my bike BUT I had another from another bike PERFECT!

Ok I go for a ride after rigging up the dash power n earth wires and rigged the plug from sensor so it displays speed only (nothing else as my bike doesn't have fuel gauge or gear indicator)

DAMN it is 50% or so WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! But.......... my phone GPS was showing Km and remember I just changed to those FOREIGN pesky miles?
1.65Km is 1 Foreign mile so about 50% off.
Right change my phone GPS to the foreign MILES and try again.

Bike was reading 48 miles phone GPS App was reading 50.3 Miles
lower MPH it was much closer so it seems the unit is 5% slower reading at worst case - that just fine and dandy no issues

Works a treat

P.S. I just pulled apart the Magician dash to see what is what, HAS LED lights for indicator/high beam and Neutral lamps.

Looks like some other functions inside where not connected and might see if there is a Tacho option and if they can add a MODE button to clear trip meter and change between KM and Miles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magician on.jpg (91.3 KB, 521 views)
File Type: jpg Hawk on.jpg (87.1 KB, 519 views)

Old 11-21-2018, 08:42 PM   #7

If you can get a tachometer and change that to mph that would be awesome. The tach would probably get alot more people interested in them.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by linemanxxlog View Post
If you can get a tachometer and change that to mph that would be awesome. The tach would probably get alot more people interested in them.
Miles is fine
Tachometer I’m not clear if it can or has room on the dash

Old 11-22-2018, 06:33 AM   #9

Magician dash has the gear indicator on it but as it wasn’t plugged fully in or all power cables connected it doesn’t show up when I tested it
Shows up when I power the extra wire or when I turn it in on initial power up
It’s in the top right corner

Old 11-28-2018, 01:30 AM   #10

Currently only have 1-2 for the Hawk $75 for the tested one few miles $90 for the new 1
1 in km for the Magicisn and I’ll send free to you for testing accuracy

Old 11-28-2018, 09:43 PM   #11

I went the electronic route for the seed sensor on the Hawk and TT250 as the cables constantly break. Just can't find a speed sensor for the Magician. I have shipped a few to Magician owners that have made them work although i'm not sure how unless the modified they wheel hub. I have sold 536 of these in the last 2 years with one of these speed sensors.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg storm1.jpg (99.1 KB, 441 views)
File Type: jpg 20170815_101032.jpg (33.1 KB, 427 views)

Old 11-28-2018, 09:57 PM   #12

Notice the Magician has a 3 prong drive......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sender2.jpg (95.9 KB, 444 views)

Old 11-28-2018, 10:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
I went the electronic route for the seed sensor on the Hawk and TT250 as the cables constantly break. Just can't find a speed sensor for the Magician. I have shipped a few to Magician owners that have made them work although i'm not sure how unless the modified they wheel hub. I have sold 536 of these in the last 2 years with one of these speed sensors.....

Thanks but I’m not sure what the purpose is posting it in my thread
I have digital magician Speedo clusters and 3 version for the others coming etc.
I’m a bit baffled as to why you post your product in my product thread? I didn’t post my product in your product thread as that’s over stepping the boundary imo.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
Notice the Magician has a 3 prong drive......
Thanks for that but I already knew that

Old 12-05-2018, 06:30 PM   #15

Reasons I would rather buy his "product" over yours.
1. Electronic speed sensor. The cable drive is prone to failure and the cables themselves snap.
Proven track record for customer service. He is located in the U.S. and stands behind his products. He has personally gone above and beyond for me, and I know he has for other members as well.

You just posted up a bunch of pictures saying "I can get" "I will get" but don't list any actual inventory, basically stating you only have two of what could only be considered prototypes for testing purposes. The market of these parts makes it hard to trust sellers, and no offense but you haven't done much to earn any trust from buyers here. You don't even post where you are located, but given your broken grammar, I would almost say it isn't in N. America. Maybe it is, but it gives me pause.

I wont even go into you posting your products on MY Information thread. If you wanted me to list it, like the thread suggests, you should have messaged me and I would have linked it. You get mad at him for spaming your thread when you did it to mine. That is called being a hypocrite.

That, and your defensive attitude paints you in a bad light as well. He wasn't posting anything of his for sale, just posting the differences and stating a fact or two in what I could consider a friendly and helpful way. So far not impressing me, and I would be hard pressed to recommend you to people looking to buy something for their Hawks.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124