Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2018, 10:30 PM   #1

tt250 speaker system

so after a phone call to csc to find out wattage usage of the bike and the actual capability of the stator. then a couple nights of shopping around i found a stereo system to hook up to the bike for under 50$! that is loud enough to hear but small enough to fit on the bike. i have yet to road test it but over idle it is pritty darn loud. i think ill be able to hear it around town not sure about highway but mabye we shall see when the snow is gone here in the UP of Michigan. had to do a modd to the seat to get it to fit and not sure i like the shinny speakers it would have been nice if i could have found white or black ones. but ey i cant complain otherwise. i wonder how long the stock battery is gonna hold up on this thing, likely going to pick up a better one in the spring anyways.
18 csc tt250 / foam filter mod, amazon exhaust, mikunki carb, 47tooth sprocket, o ring chain, stereo system, amsoil oil, honda 10w fork oil, tusk bars and brush guards.... more to come

Old 11-15-2018, 12:54 AM   #2

generic is 180-200 watts so 13-16 amps, watts divided by volts = Amps (correct me if I am wrong)

calculate the head lamp tail lamp etc that might be on and stereo (What Amps is it or watts?) then see the theoretical requirements.

CSC I think is 300 watts claimed so it can deliver up to 20-22 amps and I doubt you'll be taking that much.

Both CG and CB motors have some optional stators and you should would want to use the correct regulator/rectifier for the stator used.

I have seen 300 and 350 Watt stated stators in China (if it can be believed that is)

Side note - I have seen in China a sport bike with small stator and it runs 2 batteries cause here it is illegal to have your headlamp tunred on in the daytime, double batteries increases capacity so takes longer to drain when you ride at night with head lights on.
This stated bike struggled to run lights or didn't run lights without the battery attached yet it ran the motor due to the CDI being and AC CDI.
Many of these bikes if you cut the ignition wires (4 for AC) the bike can be kick started and run just no lights etc. EASY to hot wire lol cut and push start at worst.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
generic is 180-200 watts so 13-16 amps, watts divided by volts = Amps (correct me if I am wrong)

calculate the head lamp tail lamp etc that might be on and stereo (What Amps is it or watts?) then see the theoretical requirements.

CSC I think is 300 watts claimed so it can deliver up to 20-22 amps and I doubt you'll be taking that much.

Both CG and CB motors have some optional stators and you should would want to use the correct regulator/rectifier for the stator used.

I have seen 300 and 350 Watt stated stators in China (if it can be believed that is)

Side note - I have seen in China a sport bike with small stator and it runs 2 batteries cause here it is illegal to have your headlamp tunred on in the daytime, double batteries increases capacity so takes longer to drain when you ride at night with head lights on.
This stated bike struggled to run lights or didn't run lights without the battery attached yet it ran the motor due to the CDI being and AC CDI.
Many of these bikes if you cut the ignition wires (4 for AC) the bike can be kick started and run just no lights etc. EASY to hot wire lol cut and push start at worst.
from talking to the guys at csc i found out that the bike uses about 140watts to run with the head light on all lights and horn on it uses about 190watts the stereo system i got is a plye 100watt system but that is at max volume but generally speaking just because a stereo system is rated at 100watts it usually only gets up to 90% of its max rateing so if my math is correct im still in the safe zone tell me what you guys think
18 csc tt250 / foam filter mod, amazon exhaust, mikunki carb, 47tooth sprocket, o ring chain, stereo system, amsoil oil, honda 10w fork oil, tusk bars and brush guards.... more to come

Old 11-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #4

this is the system i bought

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PYLE-PLMC...bile-/15523777

Old 11-15-2018, 02:45 PM   #5

Very cool. Another option for an upgrade might be a bluetooth/waterproof battery powered wireless speaker. These charge on like a cell phone with usb plugs and run for hours with a very low amp draw. Some RV companies are going to these units instead of the wired car audio stuff. I now use one of these on my boat and in my rv and it runs all day on a charge and you can run it while charging. Sounds great too and no wires.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhanced-Spla...keywords=oontz

Old 11-16-2018, 12:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Very cool. Another option for an upgrade might be a bluetooth/waterproof battery powered wireless speaker. These charge on like a cell phone with usb plugs and run for hours with a very low amp draw. Some RV companies are going to these units instead of the wired car audio stuff. I now use one of these on my boat and in my rv and it runs all day on a charge and you can run it while charging. Sounds great too and no wires.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhanced-Spla...keywords=oontz
i thought about that but i doubt its as loud, these things hurt my ears at full volume and my other consern is how would i mount one of those to the bike other than electrical tape or zip ties, just my thoughts.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #7

I bought the BOSS Audio MCBK420B two years ago for my daughter's UTV and it sounds pretty good and has held up well. I always questioned about being waterproof but has been in the rain and mud. Just hosed off the speakers and let it dry out before sticking it in the shed. Looks almost identical to the one you have. just a different name brand on it. and black. The Bluetooth is nice. No wires to plug in. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel