Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2018, 09:58 PM   #1

My New Ride

Sup folks! So I just got me this sweet 2015 Yamaha S-Max 155cc.
I'm actually amazed by how well built this scooter is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00r0r_5ggTQBKfNbm_600x450.jpg (40.8 KB, 185 views)

Old 08-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #2

I love that it has LED DTRL, nice wide 13" rims, powerful 155cc that can reach 70+ mph easily and its freeway Legal. I can fit a full face helmet it the storage compartment which is great

Old 08-28-2018, 10:09 PM   #3

Nicely done. The SMax bridges the gap between conventional scooters and maxi scooters better than most anything out there.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Nicely done. The SMax bridges the gap between conventional scooters and maxi scooters better than most anything out there.
Indeed it does. I love the looks and feels great for a scooter

Old 08-29-2018, 08:46 PM   #5

I ride a company 2015 S-Max 155 for my side job; delivering food in downtown L.A. on Saturdays and Sundays. This bike is PERFECT for jumping ahead of traffic, but is a little large for lane splitting in heavy stopped traffic--but I still manage to make it through, usually walking it between cars; have not hit a mirror, lol!

When I first started, I rode the Honda Metro 50, to get used to the massive traffic jams, but soon found it slow for some of the farther deliveries (2+ miles away), so reluctantly switched to the S-Max. I cannot say I love it, but I could not say I loved the Metro either--downtown L.A. sucks to ride around thanks to the horrible surfaces of the streets. That being said, I could see myself loving the S-Max if I got to use it in the suburbs where I live, or ride it the 100 miles roundtrip on my Mon. through Fri. commute.

Banging around on the bumps, I have to say it is still holding up well with 13k miles. And, with all the bumps, I have to say I am happy to say it is not mine, lol; again, I would love one for personal use, if I could afford it, but I would NOT subject it to downtown L.A. streets--I got to learn the lesson on someone ELSE'S bike, lol.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-30-2018, 03:10 AM   #6

It's not the best scooter ever but it does not let me down either. Trust me when I tell you NYC Streets are not smooth paved roads but she holds up well especially when on the highway. I've only done 60mph so far and it was smooth riding for me! I can lane split if no one tries to kill me while doing it! I would like to test drive the Burgman 200cc

Old 08-31-2018, 01:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyccooldude View Post
It's not the best scooter ever but it does not let me down either. Trust me when I tell you NYC Streets are not smooth paved roads but she holds up well especially when on the highway. I've only done 60mph so far and it was smooth riding for me! I can lane split if no one tries to kill me while doing it! I would like to test drive the Burgman 200cc
I would venture to say it IS one of the best scooters--large enough for whatever you need a large scooter for, but not quite maxi scooter size, and that engine definitely has WAY more power than my TGB 151cc. I did take it on the freeway and got it up to an indicated 74 MPH, and it was not topped out--I believe the 80 MPH figure I had read on a couple places is accurate. My only 'complaints' are the fore-mentioned downtown streets vs. 13 inch wheels, and our bike does not have a case, so deliveries are put into insulated delivery bag on the floor board and don't always fit the way I would like it. One of these months, I plan to take my TGB from Yuma to L.A. and see how much better it is suited for deliveries thanks to its massive box. I do wish it had the power of the S-Max, however...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard