Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2018, 03:41 PM   #1

Intro Bashan250 and RFZ 100

Hello all. New to the forums. I have two Chinese bike. A 2017 RFZ 100 Dirt Bike and a 2018 Bashan "Storm" 250. I put a new carb on the RFZ and it runs well. The Storm is another story. I've been having problems as of late with the 10A ignition fuse blowing. I'll search/post in a few. I have to get pics of it.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:25 PM   #2

Welcome to here! Have not heard of a similar problem from members with Storms, but I am sure you will find a fix among our community!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-18-2018, 11:59 PM   #3

I'm a storm owner and really haven't heard of any problem with blown fuses on our bikes , yours could be a isolated case. kinda give us a rundown on how its happening and lets see what the guru's have to say!

First off.. Is the bike new or second hand? has there been any mods done to it that might affect the electrical? how comfortable are you with tearing into this bike? Is the bike still under any type of warranty?

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:53 AM   #4

No mods. I put it together on the 10th of this month. No issues until yesterday. On a ride with my daughter it blew the 10A class fuse but continued to run fine. She fell and I shut off my bike to pick hers up. It wouldn’t restart. Put a new fuse in it, after walking it a few miles, and it started right up. I drove maybe 200 yards and looked at the headlight indicator and it was out. That’s my first tell of a problem. I haven’t been able to trace any wires or do any other testing as of yet.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #5

Found my issue. The rear brake wires were sitting on the exhaust and had melted and fused. I pulled them apart and put tape around them for now. I’ll have to get some proper insulation for them though. They are very close to the exhaust and will touch again I’m sure.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #6

sorry i didn't get back to you I'm finishing a bike project myself and have just about finished up, Glad to hear you tracked it down. what color Storm did you get?

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravin01 View Post
sorry i didn't get back to you I'm finishing a bike project myself and have just about finished up, Glad to hear you tracked it down. what color Storm did you get?
Like yours ... I bought blue. I watched some of your build vids. Thank you for putting them up. I wish they had a "this bolt goes here vid." I ended up at ACE for bolts/nuts/washers etc to put a lot of stuff together.

Old 08-20-2018, 11:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktigerj View Post
Found my issue. The rear brake wires were sitting on the exhaust and had melted and fused. I pulled them apart and put tape around them for now. I’ll have to get some proper insulation for them though. They are very close to the exhaust and will touch again I’m sure.
When I bought my TGB 151cc scooter used a few years back, I test rode it, and everything went fine. I bought it in Phoenix and had to rent a pickup to get it back to Yuma (I guess I COULD have ridden it the 150 miles...) and I had the same issue with fuses for some reason, and the taillight was not working. I played with the light, and could not figure out what I was doing as it kept blowing fuses. I kickstarted it and rode it to the local Honda dealership in Yuma, and the guy found a metal part was bent wrong (my bad, but I couldn't figure out how it was blowing fuses before I tried to fix it); he bent it correctly, without charge, and I was one happy scooter owner.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard