Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Carb issue please help =(

Hi my engine is pretty new, about 2 weeks worth of riding 1-3 hours a day. Since the bike was new I had carb issues with it cutting out at low rpm when I hit the throttle quick. It also was hard to start when hot and I found cracking the throttle a tad helped it start. This was stock jets and an air filter.

Now I have 115 jets with exhaust and intake.

I cannot start the bike when its hot or is very difficult now that I have to use the kickstarter its become more of a problem (dead batt)

The engine still cuts out if I hit the gas quick at low rpm.

Putting on the choke does not make any difference in trying to start it when hot

Valves are making more noise then when it was new. Do they need adjusting yet? Could that be why its hard to start?

Old 04-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #2

You mean that runnig it at 10000 rmp when brand new didnt fix all your problems? Two days ago you were a master mechanic what happened?

Old 04-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #3

Shouldn't need that big of a main. I'd put the stock jet back in, run the needle all the way up (clip to lowest position) and run the fuel screw out two turns from fully closed. That should get you close. It's normal to have to give it soem throttle when hot. The hot engine burns the fuel in the intake before it gets to the combustion chamber. This effect is even worse in an air cooled engine.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohillbilly
You mean that runnig it at 10000 rmp when brand new didnt fix all your problems? Two days ago you were a master mechanic what happened?
When in doubt, gas it!!

We've all been there.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 04-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
Shouldn't need that big of a main. I'd put the stock jet back in, run the needle all the way up (clip to lowest position) and run the fuel screw out two turns from fully closed. That should get you close. It's normal to have to give it soem throttle when hot. The hot engine burns the fuel in the intake before it gets to the combustion chamber. This effect is even worse in an air cooled engine.
Well I don't give it a tad bit of throttle anymore when starting hot because it makes very bad noises if I do, at least when using the kick starter.

Thanks for the reply but I just don't see running a moded bike lean using a stock jet will help, people use the 115 for a reason. I have the cone filter and exhaust mods. I appreciate the reply but from what I have read people use the 115 with cone filter and exhaust and its suppose to be just right.

Even with the stock jetting it would cut out if I hit the gas quick at low rpm. I have seen other people with the same problem on here. I talked to a local dealer service shop and they said you need to adjust the valves after 10 hours on any 4 stroke bike and the bike will be harder to start if they do not get done.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Quote:
When in doubt, gas it!!

We've all been there.
Thank you frostbite, that was a rather rude comment he left.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #7

Thats what im talking about, someone gave you what IS a good sugestion and you shot him down.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterzCustomz

Well I don't give it a tad bit of throttle anymore when starting hot because it makes very bad noises if I do, at least when using the kick starter.
What kind of noise? It really shouldn't make anything abnormal.
If it's hard to start when hot it might be that the valves are a bit on the tight side.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Thats what im talking about, someone gave you what IS a good sugestion and you shot him down.
Well he wont have to worry about me giving him advice again. I've helped many, many members on here with carb advice and all were satisfied and thankful, but if he knows better, more power to him. My Roketa runs great and I could really care less how his bike runs.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #10

if and when I ever admit openly to revving my motor beyond 8k, please slap me.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #11

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm sayin' nuthin....

Old 04-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Hey man, keep up the good work!! You should go back to your buddies at ATV Discounter they can give you a hot deal on another GY2 for all the negative replies you have made at me and all the support you have given to them. Its funny how I made my post discrediting them and sent them an email letting them know it was posted on here and then the next day POOF! you sign up for an account and start posting away about how great they are. Is it a coincidence? Well why don't I let everyone decide for themselves.. Here is a list of your recent postings since becoming a member about a week & 1/2 ago. Keep in mind they are all from different threads and topics in different sections. They are just a handfull, there are a bunch more to the same effect. Did you really think people were that stupid that they won‘t see the pattern and catch on?
"
Motohillbilly Exposed..

“I saw one at ATV Discounters and it looked great “

“Hey try atv discounter. www.atvdiscounter.com i just got mine there. dual sport for 1060.49 including ttl. they have several texas stores.”

“Anyone ride one of these? I saw one at ATV Discounters and it looked great.”

" ATV discounter has been good to me. Maybe because I held up my end of the bargain. I WILL buy from them again."

“Portez treat that bike well, because
there is no warranty on it, after the abuse."

"They watch this site and now they know that he has abused it by riding it at 10,000 rmp when new. There went any warranty ... Not smart." (About my bike)

“I bout mine from them. they have several stores. Try the site
www.atvdiscounter.com”

" His post the post that gives evidence that
the bike has not been broken in properly, therefore voiding all warrenty.
I hope he grows to like that bike cause hes stuck with it now." (about my bike)

“That guy is lying. They have more than 1 gy5. I know several who have gy5 from them. I think that all should fight thier own battles. Portez had you shipped the bike back you wouldnt have a claim here …”

“I have every reason to beleive that he "chose" to keep the bike because he was impatient. Time would have fixed this deal imho”

“You mean that runnig it at 10000 rmp when brand new didnt fix all your problems? Two days ago you were a master mechanic what happened?

“hey bike in question here isnt a bad bike. It just insnt what he wanted, or paid for. I bought The gy2 on purpose because I didnt want a useless counterbalance shaft eating up horsepower. Any how way down at the bottom of ATVDISCOUNTER.COM there is a line that speaks of customer satisfaction. Maybe they will make it right. If not so be it. Its a great bike. “

“Hey most of the atvdiscounters stores are closed on Monday, just like real bike dealers.” (covering up for them not picking up the phone)

"ATVD has one that is the lf150gy, that one is 899 i think. I havent found anything to compare it to yet. Other than online."

"If he had let the driver take the bike it may have been different. I bought my bike from them, no issues at all. May be we should check out some of our members. Im not having a bike shipped to save a buck. I will buy in person, like my first one. This is my only choice of dealers, due to the fact that I REFUSE to buy from non english speaking dealerships."

“Hey most of the atvdiscounters stores are closed on Monday, just like real bike dealers.” (covering up for them not picking up the phone)

"ATVD has one that is the lf150gy, that one is 899 i think. I havent found anything to compare it to yet. Other than online."

There are many more but you get the idea..

- Eric

Old 04-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #13

You may want to check the valve adjustment and then try red's advice one, but I think you are still running too lean. You opened up your intake and exhaust quite a bit.

Maybe a 117.5 jet.

Allen