Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #46

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Wal Mart will at least give you the money back then and there--did the company send Porterz money with the driver?

Porterz had asked for a written letter stating that they would guarantee him a refund, and they would not do that, and his own credit card company said it could take up to 4 months to sort out.

ATV Discounters had, in my opinion, tried to bait and switch, and if the email that Porterz received is genuine, this proves it.

There were other 'scammish' types of mail ordering companies that were discussed in the past, but those were usually dealing in Roketa or Viva, but a photo was shown, and a slightly different bike was sent.

In this case, this company is supposed to be an authorized A.Lifan company, who is lucky enough to be allowed to mail order by A. Lifan, who seemingly put a photo of a GY-5 model on their site, but sent a GY-2 bike. It took them quite awhile to get back to him, and then reluctantly agreed to a refund (why didn't they send out a GY-5 to trade out?) and then insinuated that he should be paying them when he decided not to wait the months for his refund.

Like I said, they should not be allowed to mail order A. Lifan product, or have their Lifan dealership taken away altogether. It's that simple.
thanks, yes that is what happened. If I had sent the bike back when they finally agreed to pick it up (2 weeks later) I was not guaranteed my money back, at least not for awhile thats why I asked them to pick up and drop off a GY5 at the same time. Turns out they would not even offer another bike now I know why. I would rather have a GY2 then no bike and no money even if I knew eventually I would get the money back after a battle with the credit card company that could of lasted 4 months. Even if it took only 2 or 3 months it would not have been worth the hassle. I live in CT it is spring here 60 degree weather we are well into riding season. I weighed out the possibility's and made a decision. The bottom line is I sent them my money and they screwed me over. I did nothing wrong being a customer, they did everything wrong as a greedy dealer with terrible customer service. I will buy my next bike from brian at moto or a reputable source. When I got the bike it was like unwraping a present at x mas I never thought it would be such a disappointing, upsetting and traumatic experience when I realized at first it was the wrong color and then that it wasent even the right bike. I really started to get angry when I called and no one was there to help me and they shut off their phones.

I am still waiting for my title and bill of sale that they are holding on me. I cannot ride it on the road legally until they send it. I am still waiting on a reply to my request.

Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me

Old 04-10-2008, 01:42 AM   #47

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Quote:
Drum brakes on D/S bikes are quite sufficient. Drum brakes will last pretty much the lifetime of the bike where pads will be wearing out, and also disks can be damaged much easier.

I would chose drum over brake if I had a choice.
You've obviously never negotiated down a steep hill with a wet rear drum. 8O

They _may_ not last as long, but I'll take the disc brakes any day of the week.
Indeed, get rear discs if you can... they make a WORLD of difference, and trust me, these china bikes need all the help they can get in the braking dept!

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.