Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2018, 04:28 AM   #1

Radiator choice for cg200 water cooled

Hi
I have 163ML 200cc water cooled engine swapped in commuter bike that originally came with air cooled cg125 type engine.

Since I bought it on scrap with no proper accessories, I m trying to find some radiator that looks and fits perfectly with the body and works best.

Currently the radiator that I m using is from LF150 bike, and mostly Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius with ambient Temps at 35 degrees Celsius which will cross 45 in summer. This radiator holds 800ml of liquid.
I have another radiator from kawasaki eliminator 250 which holds probably 200 MLS but not sure.. Would that work?
I m concerned that how will such a little fluid keep it cool?
It's size is large but not as wide as the current one as it's sticking out to sides of frame which I don't like. . And it doesn't have any pressure cap.. Strange for me as it should have one.

Any idea of this one will give better cooling? As It will fit perfectly on my bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180430_204842.jpg (95.0 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20180429-WA0002.jpg (101.5 KB, 74 views)

Old 05-01-2018, 10:44 AM   #2

I'm guessing that the cap was inline in the upper rad hose. If you reconsider rads hanging out the sides, the old Honda CR two stroke rads would be a good choice.
They're quite durable and efficient and have a cap on the right side rad. It would take a little fab work to mount them.
May we see the bike?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer