Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #31

Carb Tune...

So after putting a few hrs on the engine, I need to dial it in- carb wise, then I think I'll swap the stator for a 12 pole full wave to get some more power... all those farkles plus my 45W headlight suck power. My voltage with everything on and 2-3K RPMs is only 13.2. Not optimal. Now wondering how I'm going to add heated grips...??? Or a portable mini fridge???

I've changed the main jet to a 110. Now trying to mess with an idle mixture screw that's almost impossible to reach and turn while the motor's running.

With the 98 main jet it came with, and the idle mixture screw out only 1/2 turn, it was popping a bit while decelerating, and the plug looked a bit white so I figured it was running lean. I turned the mixture screw out quite a bit. It still idles a bit rough and wants to die after about 10-15 seconds of idling, so I will fuss with the mixture screw some more and hope it solved the problem. Maybe raise the needle too??? The engine does seem to run well at higher RPM's. Overall, a HUGE difference in power than the old Honda 125 motor!

Old 04-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #32

You may want to consider swapping out to LED for the Headlight.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-13-2018, 03:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
You may want to consider swapping out to LED for the Headlight.
I got rid of the stock bucket and bought an aftermarket 5.75" bucket and a LED projector headlight- I think it has several LED's within it. Here's the link to the projector bulb- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm glad I got the bigger bucket- No way on earth the old one would have been able to hold all the wiring and connectors. I had to fight to get the bulb in even with the new one! The light is very bright, but a little weird with some bands of light, instead of just solid light. Probably because of the various LED within it. Overall, very bright. Takes 45W when the bright is on, otherwise 35W.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #34

I'm running one like this at 25w https://www.ebay.com/itm/25247103107...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #35

If you are considering adding things like heated grips, you may want to consider jumping straight to the 18 pole stator like the one used on the TT250 with 300W output.

In either case, it will require converting to a DC CDI, which is more wring. Wiring is my least favorite thing to do as well, so I understand.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-13-2018, 04:50 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
If you are considering adding things like heated grips, you may want to consider jumping straight to the 18 pole stator like the one used on the TT250 with 300W output.

In either case, it will require converting to a DC CDI, which is more wring. Wiring is my least favorite thing to do as well, so I understand.
Megadan- Now you've got me curious. Would the 18 pole require a new flywheel as well, or just a new stator....??

Old 04-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #37

Took the bike out on a 50 mile run on Saturday. Feels really good with this new motor! I rode my BMW R1200RT a little later in the day and didn't have near the fun!!

The gearing I'm using is 17/45 on an 18" rear tire and still has some acceleration on gradual hills in 5th gear. 4th gear seems to allow me to accelerate up even steeper climbs. Now working on adding a pelican topcase, so will stop riding for a few days so I can finish the mounting- then I'll add a few more miles and load it down a bit to see if I still like the gearing. I want to be able to cruise at about 55-60 at RPMs that it can withstand for hours on end.

Runs great with the 110 main jet, but still occasionally stumbles at idle.. still trying to fine tune the pilot screw and now wondering about the needle jet. It's at the midway mark, but thinking about lowering the clip one notch to richen up at idle.. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 04-19-2018, 10:50 AM   #38

A larger slow jet will likely solve your idle issues.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmon View Post
Took the bike out on a 50 mile run on Saturday. Feels really good with this new motor! I rode my BMW R1200RT a little later in the day and didn't have near the fun!!

The gearing I'm using is 17/45 on an 18" rear tire and still has some acceleration on gradual hills in 5th gear. 4th gear seems to allow me to accelerate up even steeper climbs. Now working on adding a pelican topcase, so will stop riding for a few days so I can finish the mounting- then I'll add a few more miles and load it down a bit to see if I still like the gearing. I want to be able to cruise at about 55-60 at RPMs that it can withstand for hours on end.

Runs great with the 110 main jet, but still occasionally stumbles at idle.. still trying to fine tune the pilot screw and now wondering about the needle jet. It's at the midway mark, but thinking about lowering the clip one notch to richen up at idle.. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Your problem is almost certainly the pilot/low speed jet. The needle position is not where to correct idle/slow running problems...ARH

Old 04-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #40

So thanks to Ariel Red Hunter and Weldangrind for your suggestion on the low speed jet. My next question is which size to get.. I think there's just some model number on the jet itself. Have no idea whether it's a 38 or 40 or ??? Also, best place to purchase??? Can't wait to try this out! Wouldn't you think that the carb they sell with the engine would have jets that match up pretty well.... I guess they don't know what you might have in the way of an airbox, or foam, or ?? on the bike... I'm using foam.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:18 PM   #41

I use a #40 pilot jet in my Lifan 200s with the PZ30 carb. Works great.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #42

Purchase will depend upon the style of slow jet you have. The faithful Keihin-cloned carb jets can be found at www.jetsrus.com, but the odd knock-off jets are tough to find. That's the reason many riders just buy a 30mm Mikuni, since jets are easily found.
I encourage you to remove the slow jet and compare it with the images on www.jetsrus.com

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-23-2019, 06:35 PM   #43

I have looked everywhere and I cannot, for the life of me, find a wiring harness for the Lifan 200cc engine. I'm building this motorcycle for my brother and the original owner cut and spliced almost every wire in the harness and now there is absolutely no connection anywhere it seems. I was hoping to find the site that I can purchase a complete harness because all the sites ive been to so far have given me components that don't match the original CDI box or reg/reg wiring setups. I would really appreciate any help. Thank you

Old 12-24-2019, 01:51 AM   #44

Just look up 200cc wiring harness on eBay, no matter what, there'll be adaptation of some form, but you should be able to look up, for example, Lifan dirt bike wiring harness, and the colors should be the same. Worst case scenario, buy a power probe and figure it out yourself.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:17 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsyaboi View Post
I have looked everywhere and I cannot, for the life of me, find a wiring harness for the Lifan 200cc engine. I'm building this motorcycle for my brother and the original owner cut and spliced almost every wire in the harness and now there is absolutely no connection anywhere it seems. I was hoping to find the site that I can purchase a complete harness because all the sites ive been to so far have given me components that don't match the original CDI box or reg/reg wiring setups. I would really appreciate any help. Thank you
try this. looks like the one I got with my motor.