Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #1

Taotao MCO. Wait time?

I recently ordered a taotao hellcat from Wholesale Motorsports. The shipping time was fast and communication has been great. What I’m worried about is the MCO. How long did it take to get you MCO delivered when buying a taotao? They are saying that they are still waiting to receive it from taotao to send it to me.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:48 PM   #2

I just got my hellcat on march 21st (I think). I got mine from familygokart.com and was told to email edith my info and VIN number so I did that I think thursday and got a reply saturday night saying the paper work was made out and she was bringing it to get notarized then mailing it out Monday, so HOPEFULLY I'll get mine by the end of the week or sooner... if so it would be about a week to get it from them, can't say from other companies

Old 03-26-2018, 10:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcstriker29 View Post
I just got my hellcat on march 21st (I think). I got mine from familygokart.com and was told to email edith my info and VIN number so I did that I think thursday and got a reply saturday night saying the paper work was made out and she was bringing it to get notarized then mailing it out Monday, so HOPEFULLY I'll get mine by the end of the week or sooner... if so it would be about a week to get it from them, can't say from other companies
I got mine on the 21st also. So does the seller make the MCO or does taotao? I was told taotao didn’t send the mco to the seller till the unit was sold and then they fill out what they need to and send it to the customer.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:57 AM   #4

This is the problem with drop-shipping; the seller uses their wholesale connection and license to sell you a bike, leaving the rest of the work to the distributor/manufacturer, Taotao. In theory, if the retailer had the bike in their own shop, then they would have the MCO. This has happened with other retailers and other brands before--they take your money, they have the manufacturer/distributor send out the bike, then rely on the manufacturer/distributor to issue the paperwork. I believe that the paperwork has to go to the dealer, who are supposed to forward it your way. My friend who is the owner of Excalibur motorsports used to be the US distributor for TMEC 200 enduros. He packed the MCO in the box with the bike. He also used to wholesale Taotao to dealers (actually still does) and also retailed Taotao directly to consumers (actually, still does), and I am fairly certain sent, and still sends, the MCOs with the bikes. While I shamelessly promote Excalibur, and vouche for them (others here do too), and say they go out of their way for customer satisfaction, I am fairly certain them getting MCOs is not a big deal, yet some of these dealers discussed here seem to make it a confusing experience. Don't be surprised if it takes a few weeks (I am not familiar with Wholesale, and it hasn't been a long time, so not saying that it will take that long, but just mentioning it because some of the more familiar dealers have taken a while, weeks in fact, a month + in fact, and this with members calling/emailing daily, so just throwing it out there--your situation might be okay and settled in the next few days)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-31-2018, 02:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcstriker29 View Post
Yup, I got the paper work in the mail Thursday, only problem I had was the body style said ATV. My town clerk still accepted it, and made the changes on the form to title, her system didn't want to take the VIN number but she got around it, and Taotao wasn't listed as a manufacturer (no surprise) BUT in the end I got my plate and registration so thats all that matters!! Now just waiting for warmer days...