Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #1

carb jets??????

Ok, so i'm up at 3500 feet, dry weather. Most of the chinese quads are manufactured at 500 feet or less, humid weather. So I have a hesitation in the midrange under load, the needle doesn't look adjustable. No clips or washers. I am guessing smaller main jets. one, maybe two sizes smaller? Anyone futzed with their jets yet???? What do you think, one size down or two sizes down? It is a cvk52 carb, keihin. (sic?) Starts easy and idles fine, higher rpm is good, just midrange.

roy

Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #2

I would play it safe and only go one size down or if you realy what to you can cross referance a japanese carb to replace it. But i would just try the new jets. Good luck

Old 02-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #3

weird name games

Heh Bighirt, You'll probly won't believe this but a cvk carb is actually a keihin carb. (at least japanese design) Keihin is a world wide company that produces engine management systems globaly, even here in the good ole USA. Produces many Honda engine management parts too! In short it is the same carb that suzuki has used for some time!! I was as suprised as you probly are. Check it out on the net. The new chinese atv's at first glance seem to appear "chinese". A friend up the street has a Polaris 360, we sat them together and compared, I think he was more suprised than I to find that the frames,gas tanks, many of the suspension parts were exactly the same. (micometer same) We both agreed that mine had a little better finish. A lot of the parts on both bikes are japanese or indonesion (sic) Weird huh!! I'm not a dealer but it sure makes me wonder what the mark up on japanese atv is???? 200% -300%??? Heh check this out, Yamaha fianced 25% of lifan manufacturing corp, then it owns 50% of the corp that owns lifan. I ordered Keihin jets for the carb on the net, they were pricey 'cause they were made in Japan. American made jets were 1/2 the cost! HUH???? did you know they use Keihin carbs on thumpers??? What makes an American Toyota, well it's not the parts, just the assembly of the parts to avoid import taxes. Am I raving? Yep, Ok I'll try one size down to start.

lonfu

Old 02-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #4

Hi lonfu
Quote:
Heh check this out, Yamaha fianced 25% of lifan manufacturing corp, then it owns 50% of the corp that owns lifan.
I would like to know where you received this information from? Please post in detail.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 02-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #5

Your right thanks for the info. I didn't Yamaha and Lifan i will have to check that out. I knew Jianshe and Yamaha had a partnership.What is the website you got the info about lifan.

Eric
Hirt Motorsports
hirtmotorsports@yahoo.com

Old 03-01-2008, 05:33 AM   #6

Ok, here is a Link to Yamaha's Global Market, and nothing about Lifan.
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/link/index.html

I would still like to know where you received the information that Yamaha & Lifan have bought in together.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 03-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #7

start here

check out this link start.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global.../13/china.html

Old 03-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #8

now check this one out

Lifan is a corp, many large company's own part of it. If an american company owns part does this make it an american company? check out this article, turns out American Insurance Group actually bought 25% of Lifan. Does this mean that Lifan dealers are now selling American Bikes manufactured in china? Hmmmm, as I said its hard to decide!

http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclen...lder/3688.html

I can't seem to find the specfic article that explains the exact start up financing arrangement for lifan. Know this though fact, almost every major auto and bike company, has investments in china. Ever wonder where the HD evo is produced? Not here thats for sure.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #9

update

I have looked for the link about lifan and Yamaha, turns out the only thing I could find was about Yamaha and Linhai. I would assume that I misread the article or confused Linhai and Lifan, 2 completely seperate companies. AIG has bought a 25% of Lifan. So does this mean I now own an american motorcycle? Does HD have competiion? Sorry if I upset anybody. Frostbite, thanks for posting the lf200 parts manuel. Is there a lf200 start up guide anywhere? I already downloaded the checklist.