Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #31

JerryJoe...Please do not try to get into a posting war. The price that I paid is irrelevant. First, it was a special sale price that is no longer available. New assembled Hawks at a dealer near me sell for $1599. Any Hawk or Enforcer, if you can find them, sell for about $1350-1400, unassembled. And, you also risk getting a damaged one or not getting one for a really long time. There's something to be said for a bike that is available, already assembled, and damage free. Hence, the dealer near me selling the hawk for $1600, grab and go.

Your offer of $900 is ridiculous, and frankly insulting. How dumb would I need to be to sell my bike for $900?! The comment I made in my private message to you was in reference to the fact that you must think I'm really dumb if you think I would accept an offer for $900.

This is the reason I blocked you from PM'ing me. Don't post crap about someone on an open forum that was sent privately between us. Not only is that probably a violation, but it's kind of child-like. Let's be grown ups. In my private message between us, I also said let's just go our separate ways. Which is still what I suggest. Don't​ Pm me and don't post anything about me. Be a grown-up​. You made a dumb offer and were rebuffed. Get over it.

However, the silver lining in it all is that you reaffirmed my interest in my own bike. Thank you for that. I'm keeping it and going to enjoy it. Happy hunting.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:46 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
JerryJoe...Please do not try to get into a posting war. The price that I paid is irrelevant. First, it was a special sale price that is no longer available. New assembled Hawks at a dealer near me sell for $1599. Any Hawk or Enforcer, if you can find them, sell for about $1350-1400, unassembled. And, you also risk getting a damaged one or not getting one for a really long time. There's something to be said for a bike that is available, already assembled, and damage free. Hence, the dealer near me selling the hawk for $1600, grab and go.

Your offer of $900 is ridiculous, and frankly insulting. How dumb would I need to be to sell my bike for $900?! The comment I made in my private message to you was in reference to the fact that you must think I'm really dumb if you think I would accept an offer for $900.

This is the reason I blocked you from PM'ing me. Don't post crap about someone on an open forum that was sent privately between us. Not only is that probably a violation, but it's kind of child-like. Let's be grown ups. In my private message between us, I also said let's just go our separate ways. Which is still what I suggest. Don't​ Pm me and don't post anything about me. Be a grown-up​. You made a dumb offer and were rebuffed. Get over it.

However, the silver lining in it all is that you reaffirmed my interest in my own bike. Thank you for that. I'm keeping it and going to enjoy it. Happy hunting.
All I'm saying is that if you thought 900 was low all you had to do was say that you wouldn't take less than 1500 or 2000 or whatever. If you had a price in mind already you should have led with that. Could have saved everyone a lot of trouble. Sounds like you are saying your bike is worth 1600 plus upgrades. I disagree.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
It looks like even the Hawk is unavailable too.
One of Adam Rinkleff last post: 03-08-2017, 12:39 PM "We have 300 Hawks in the warehouse, and 200 XMotos. More containers are in transit." You would think they would be available

Last edited by tommy.; 04-19-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:15 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjoe View Post
All I'm saying is that if you thought 900 was low all you had to do was say that you wouldn't take less than 1500 or 2000 or whatever. If you had a price in mind already you should have led with that. Could have saved everyone a lot of trouble. Sounds like you are saying your bike is worth 1600 plus upgrades. I disagree.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:55 PM   #35

This really should have stayed in the PM, jerryjoe, not brought out to the 'court of public opinion'. I would generally agree with you in spirit, but he owns the bike and has the final say-so, so that is where it should have stayed. Not only that, Chinabikes, even used ones, have gone up in asking price, so me saying that I 'agree in spirit' is actually me being naïve to what is going on currently (my mind is stuck in 2009 ). There are a few deals, but those are circumstantial and geographically limited.

That being said, I think we can move on, now.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-18-2017, 03:30 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Chinabikes, even used ones, have gone up in asking price.
...and will continue to, it seems, at least for a while.

Leaving anything political completely out of it, there are other things happening in the market that's reflecting on the current situation. One being, as Merlin states, getting something through customs from China take 30 days instead of 3. What has caused that was probably started from the VW debacle and worked its way out, PLUS, there was the Bashan thing that happened. I'm not sure on the exact details but I think they got busted for something concerning the EPA, if I recall. Culcune would know more, I'm sure.

You put these things together with the fact that the secret's out regarding CB's. Look how many new members and bikes have shown up here on China Riders, just in the last year! With how expensive the Japanese bikes have become, some not that much better than a CB (Suzuki DR200 comes to mind), it's no wonder.

With the lack of available inventory, plus the upsurge in new buyers, expect prices to climb. Basic supply and demand.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-18-2017, 03:45 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
This really should have stayed in the PM, jerryjoe, not brought out to the 'court of public opinion'. I would generally agree with you in spirit, but he owns the bike and has the final say-so, so that is where it should have stayed. Not only that, Chinabikes, even used ones, have gone up in asking price, so me saying that I 'agree in spirit' is actually me being naïve to what is going on currently (my mind is stuck in 2009 ). There are a few deals, but those are circumstantial and geographically limited.

That being said, I think we can move on, now.
No problem. I wasn't upset with the asking price. I agree, that is absolutely up to the seller. But I have every right to disagree with the asking price without being called stupid. I felt that this forum also had the right to know what it's members were made of. I'm a grown man that stopped name calling when I was 10 and sticking my tongue out when I was 3. If CR is OK with that regardless of whether or not the message was "private"....it went down on the CR website. I'd like to hear from an administrator who will tell me that CR is cool with members disrespecting one another as long as it is in PM.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:36 PM   #38

Call me stupid or whatever but I won't take $1500 for my Hawk, PERIOD.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir kayakalot View Post
Call me stupid or whatever but I won't take $1500 for my Hawk, PERIOD.
How about $900?

Just kidding...

Old 04-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #40

You just pushed it up to $1550 lol

Old 04-19-2017, 11:23 AM   #41

Sent Email yesterday to Rickypowersports (RPS) asking about the Hawk no reply yet, they must be to busy for a reply. Has anyone PM Adam Rinkleff?