Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #91

Let me know about the piston/engine upgrades... I kind of want to get up another 1 or 2 points on compression for our little 197cc China Bike... "there's at least one replacement for displacement"

Can I ask... why a "dual exhaust" on a small single cylinder engine?

All I can think of is... that extra muffler has to add 4, if not more, pounds of dead weight to a bike... adding more weight on a bike is a skinny guys worst nightmare

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:06 AM   #92

Because how often do you see dual yoshi pipes on a bike let alone a brozz? im a connoisseur for the odd and unique. It would go well with the color scheme for my bike imo it would be worth the extra 3 pds as im 150 pds wet lol

Old 03-23-2017, 01:34 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Did you note damages on the shipping invoice?

I hope they take care of it otherwise I do not know what I can do to make it look better or to get a replacement part myself.

I wonder if I can get anywhere with my credit card company?
Have you heard anything on your damage claim? I already feel like I am getting the runaround on just getting a missing mirror.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #94

I'm not liking the sound of this. They should replace these parts without question. Plastic, mirrors, you name it. I never turned down a claim that had picture proof when I sold china bikes. They should know their service is being judged by many on thee forums.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 03-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
I'm not liking the sound of this. They should replace these parts without question. Plastic, mirrors, you name it. I never turned down a claim that had picture proof when I sold china bikes. They should know their service is being judged by many on thee forums.
Good thing I purchased it with my paypal account. If they don't follow through, I will contact paypal and get some form of reimbursement for the warranty, because if doesn't appear they are going to be too quick on doing anything about it. I emailed them less than 2 hrs after unpacking the bike about getting 2 left mirrors and sent a pic of them. I was told to leave my contact info and send the pics and then I would get a call that day from "technical support" that same day. That was tuesday. I called yesterday and was told they would call today and that didn't happen. I sent another email today and have yet to get a response and am getting ready to call again...If it doesn't go anywhere this time, I will wait till I get my MSO paperwork before getting paypal involved.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbya1986 View Post
Good thing I purchased it with my paypal account. If they don't follow through, I will contact paypal and get some form of reimbursement for the warranty, because if doesn't appear they are going to be too quick on doing anything about it. I emailed them less than 2 hrs after unpacking the bike about getting 2 left mirrors and sent a pic of them. I was told to leave my contact info and send the pics and then I would get a call that day from "technical support" that same day. That was tuesday. I called yesterday and was told they would call today and that didn't happen. I sent another email today and have yet to get a response and am getting ready to call again...If it doesn't go anywhere this time, I will wait till I get my MSO paperwork before getting paypal involved.
Good luck with that. I sent in forms, pics, fax's went to my local motorcycle shop (60 miles one way lol) and got proof of defects and faxed that. It's been almost one year and the only thing I've received from SP is the run around (and around and around)! After sales service for most of these china bike dealers is a big 0.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:23 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Good luck with that. I sent in forms, pics, fax's went to my local motorcycle shop (60 miles one way lol) and got proof of defects and faxed that. It's been almost one year and the only thing I've received from SP is the run around (and around and around)! After sales service for most of these china bike dealers is a big 0.
I just hope I can get replacement parts if I have to from somewhere lol. I know Paypal is very good about taking care of you if you don't get what you payed for, so one way or the other I will get something done. I have a good paper trail as far as emails/names/phone conversations.

The sad thing is I really love the bike itself, it's just said that there doesn't seem to be anyone who provides service afterward. It's more than I could have hoped for as far as the way it runs, looks, and comfort.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #98

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. There's a reason one receives a 1400.00 brand new bike. No service staff or after sales support to pay. Probably the main reason why the TT250 is more expensive. We have to pay for Gerry, et al....and it's worth every penny, IMHO.

goat67, I filled out every form they asked me to and provided additional info about how it happened in shipping plus pics. Their answer was "bend over, say AHHHHHHHH..". I ended up Dremeling off the whole plastic rim on the front rack cover. Fixed.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #99

Thumbs Up

Quote:
I just hope I can get replacement parts if I have to from somewhere lol. I know Paypal is very good about taking care of you if you don't get what you payed for, so one way or the other I will get something done. I have a good paper trail as far as emails/names/phone conversations.

The sad thing is I really love the bike itself, it's just said that there doesn't seem to be anyone who provides service afterward. It's more than I could have hoped for as far as the way it runs, looks, and comfort.
Taobao is a great place to find parts. Lots of these parts are interchangeable. You have a great bike it will end up being worth the effort.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #100

Quote:
Taobao is a great place to find parts. Lots of these parts are interchangeable. You have a great bike it will end up being worth the effort.
Thanks! That is good to hear Merlin. I don't think a I will have a ton of trouble as long as I keep an eye on keeping stuff tightened/checked. I won't be running it too hard.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:58 PM   #101

Quote:
Thanks! That is good to hear Merlin. I don't think a I will have a ton of trouble as long as I keep an eye on keeping stuff tightened/checked. I won't be running it too hard.
Running it like that it will last a very long time. These things are more or less bullet proof.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:57 PM   #102

Quote:

I finally talked to someone from the "technical support line" at Superior after calling 4 times today. I spoke to a Jim who answered the phone around 11am my time today and was apologized to and told that their tech support was "not there" yesterday and that today they would be making their calls between 3-4pm their time today. Not sure why the tech support would only making/taking calls for one hour during the whole business day. 4 hours and 20 min go by and it took me 3 times to get through and I talked to Jim again and he said they were making their calls, but he would go ahead and transfer me. I talked to a different person who got my order info and confirmed with me the bike I bought. I asked him if they had a lot of issues with them and he said he doesn't get many calls. He said they didn't have a right mirror in stock and he would have to put in an order to the manufacture, but they would get me one shipped. I asked to be emailed a tracking number. He said it would take approximately a week. I honestly half believe anything will actually get done, but I will give them a chance. I'll be surprised if the tracking number gets sent much less the mirror. I will say that both of them were professional and at least made it sound like they wanted to remedy my issue.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #103

Quote:
I honestly half believe anything will actually get done, but I will give them a chance. I'll be surprised if the tracking number gets sent much less the mirror. I will say that both of them were professional and at least made it sound like they wanted to remedy my issue.
Save yourself the hassle of dealing with this and just buy yourself a set of "upgrade" mirrors. It does not seem worth all the time and effort you've spent on this already.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
Save yourself the hassle of dealing with this and just buy yourself a set of "upgrade" mirrors. It does not seem worth all the time and effort you've spent on this already.
I'm not buying anything for it until I have my MSO paperwork in hand lol. Trust me the thought has already crossed my mind on the upgrade mirrors. Figure try and hold em accountable for their bs they have on their website.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:30 PM   #105

I also talked to Jim and the tech support person today Josh was his name.
I was also promised that the parts would be ordered. If I just needed a mirror I would not bother with Superior

The plastic on the one side is an issue that is not easily fixed. If some one could find me a replacement piece on the Chinese parts site I would just buy it and be done with it.

I am still holding out hope. I wish I had just refused the bike when it came about now.

I will hope for the best not much else I can do. I may just contact my credit card company and see if I have any options.