Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2017, 10:44 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
ski_rush--this was just posted to youtube and should help you out. It only took him 10 minutes to assemble his Brozz!!

I guess we are two of his subs

Old 03-09-2017, 12:08 AM   #167

So the Enforcer does not have a counter balanced engine eh? I just ordered one tonight from Don and he said, a few times, that it IS counter balanced. And he sounded like he knew what he was talking about....It doesn't really matter to me...The vibration might feel good on my tired back

Old 03-09-2017, 06:47 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
So the Enforcer does not have a counter balanced engine eh? I just ordered one tonight from Don and he said, a few times, that it IS counter balanced. And he sounded like he knew what he was talking about....
Ahhhh, the beauty of Chinabikes--getting conflicting information from online dealers ("upgraded 21/18 wheels" "Counterbalanced engine" "Up to 75 mph"...)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-09-2017, 07:00 AM   #169

well don't know about the 75mph yet,,still breaking mine in and the funny washer do go in the fender from the bottom up put a rubber washer on them if you have extras,,,,the carb on mine is set pretty good but it is still a little lean good looking carb though think ill put a few miles on it and richen it up a little. they need to be rich for a break in I think. when you get it all together check your lights good had a problem with my rear turn signals ,,broke wire at the rear fender,,,still got hand guards to put on mine...but the bike is really nice no shipping damage at all

Old 03-09-2017, 07:16 AM   #170

Funny thing is that I got dozens of grommets/funny washers and very few pieces of rubber...

From what I can see... No shipping damage here either.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:36 AM   #171

Quote:
So the Enforcer does not have a counter balanced engine eh? I just ordered one tonight from Don and he said, a few times, that it IS counter balanced. And he sounded like he knew what he was talking about....It doesn't really matter to me...The vibration might feel good on my tired back
You may want to give Don a call and let him know it doesn't have a counter balanced engine. These are drop shipped out of a warehouse and he may have not actually put his eye on one to know it doesn't and is going off information that was given him. But it sounds like you still got a Hawk with a few upgrades and street legal .
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
You may want to give Don a call and let him know it doesn't have a counter balanced engine. These are drop shipped out of a warehouse and he may have not actually put his eye on one to know it doesn't and is going off information that was given him. But it sounds like you still got a Hawk with a few upgrades and street legal .
I completely agree. I have the feeling he hasn't seen one in the actual store and that he's going of the info that's been given to him.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #173

I will shoot Don an email and let him know, so he doesn't keep making a fool of himself...Because yeah, he can not have seen one of these yet...and I have a feeling he's going to be pissed...He was pissed about the Hawks and the Chinese not following through to make them street legal, and said he was not going to sell any more of them..I'll let you all know his reply when I get one.

Oh, he did say people with Hawks will be in for a surprise when they go to register them because they have been "black balled' as of January 10th of this year I believe he said. I'm assuming that only means to new Hawk purchasers and not sure if that was all states or juts some. The man talks a mile and a half a minute!!!

Old 03-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #174

So I haven't heard back from Don yet...I did email him. I remember him saying HE was involved in designing this bike over the last 3 years. He did say the Enforcer was designed after an older Honda model and that top speed was around 60, even though the older Honda model would do 75 or so, and he said this was due to new EPA requirements that the Enforcers wouldn't be as fast ....but as someone else said, who the freak knows! He also said it was basically a copy of the Hawk, with upgrades...and as we are seeing, some downgrades, like the non braided brake lines.

The Brozz looks like a really nice machine!!

Old 03-09-2017, 11:52 AM   #175

your are ight about the brake lines,,wanted the braided lines to,,what do you think about the big cat converter on them ,,I bet 3 times as big as a hawk...wonder if the hawk after market exhaust will work on them...????
If they will mine is getting one...of and I do know they will run 60 so far not wanting to push it to hard less than 40 miles on it...

Old 03-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #176

can anyone tell me what brake and clutch levers will interchange with the hawk

hi guys need some info, wanting to put the short motocross levers on my bike,,,does anyone know what will work,,,im sure there have been many of them broken, what works thanks for any info on the matter

Old 03-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #177

Quote:
So I haven't heard back from Don yet...I did email him. I remember him saying HE was involved in designing this bike over the last 3 years. He did say the Enforcer was designed after an older Honda model and that top speed was around 60, even though the older Honda model would do 75 or so, and he said this was due to new EPA requirements that the Enforcers wouldn't be as fast ....but as someone else said, who the freak knows! He also said it was basically a copy of the Hawk, with upgrades...and as we are seeing, some downgrades, like the non braided brake lines.

The Brozz looks like a really nice machine!!
It will do 75 mph once it's able to breath,sip more fuel and the right sprockets (17-42).

Old 03-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #178

WTF

Quote:

Oh, he did say people with Hawks will be in for a surprise when they go to register them because they have been "black balled' as of January 10th of this year I believe he said. I'm assuming that only means to new Hawk purchasers and not sure if that was all states or juts some. The man talks a mile and a half a minute!!!
This would only apply to some states, if any. What I mean by that is based on what happened in California a few years back. Up to a certain point, people were still able to get certain bikes (KTMs if I remember) street registered, even though they were green-stickered off-road according to the CARB (the organization which is exactly like a state-run EPA, but only for California--extra testing for manufacturers and certification to be sold in California). California's DMV caught on, and sent letters to all those owners who successfully street registered off-road enduros, and told them to turn in their plates and whatnot. Some people even had DMV agents show up at their homes, from what I remember someone posting on advrider or Thumpertalk! I know that in the mid-2000's, there were people with street-registered Chinabikes that were green-stickered, but I doubt any of them were currently being ridden in 2011 or 2012 or whenever I remembers someone writing of their troubles with a once-plated bike.

My guess is some states might start doing the same to Hawk owners, or at least that is what Don is insinuating. He could be speaking out of his $#%, too, in order to sell Enforcers. The 'solid' states like here in AZ, or Texas, and there are a dozen or more others, which register bikes based on a minimum of street equipment will have no issues with any retroactive enforcement, let alone continue to register Hawks or streeted motorized bar stools. My guess is some states that caught on will simply not street register them anymore from now on, although, in some cases, might follow the People's Republic of California's lead and retroactively rescind registrations for street registered Hawks, and send out 'agents of the state' to find those scoundrels who thought they had 'committed the perfect crime'!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer17 View Post
your are ight about the brake lines,,wanted the braided lines to,,what do you think about the big cat converter on them ,,I bet 3 times as big as a hawk...wonder if the hawk after market exhaust will work on them...????
If they will mine is getting one...of and I do know they will run 60 so far not wanting to push it to hard less than 40 miles on it...
According to Don, yes, all Hawk parts are interchangeable. He said the gas tank design is a little different is all...but again, who knows for sure.

Personally, 60 is fast enough for me, but who doesn't love more power!

Can't wait to see some pics of your new machine, and I'm glad you are getting to ride it a little already!

Old 03-09-2017, 12:44 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer17 View Post
Braided lines are not necessary by any means for function, especially on a small dual sport. The black brake lines work just fine but they just don't look as cool. They're braided internally so the line won't expand when you hit the brake.

Can you get a pic of the cat? That's weird that they made a drastic change in the pipe. I'd guess that 90% of the parts are interchangeable with the Hawk. I'd also guess that the aftermarket exhaust that we're all running on the Hawks and TT250's would most likely fit.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350